In hindsight, who should the Democrats have nominated in 2016? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:36:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  In hindsight, who should the Democrats have nominated in 2016? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: In hindsight, who should the Democrats have nominated in 2016?  (Read 12431 times)
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« on: November 23, 2017, 09:08:25 PM »

As much as I wanted Hillary to be Clinton 45, she clearly was not the most electable candidate.

I'm not certain, but I think Biden would have defeated Trump.  In hindsight, the ideal Demicratic ticket would have been Joe Biden for President, and maybe Elizabeth Warren, Sherrod Brown, or Tammy Baldwin for Vice President.

What do you think?
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 12:33:48 PM »

As a person and as a leader, Hillary Clinton is criminally underrated on the Atlas Forum (and much of America).  She’s not mean, and once in office, Hillary does an excellent job.  Hillary is smart, competent, and strong; and would have made an above-average commander-in-chief.

When it comes to electability, however, this is where she may be overrated.  To be fair, she didn’t lose just for running a bad campaign.  Too many voters simply held deep-seated, erroneous hatred (often based in sexism) for her, which in the end, proved too much for her to overcome.  There probably were at least a few other potential nominees who could have closed the electoral gap with Trump more easily.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies