Church of Sweden decides: God is genderqueer (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:59:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Church of Sweden decides: God is genderqueer (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Church of Sweden decides: God is genderqueer  (Read 1763 times)
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« on: November 24, 2017, 09:48:46 PM »

The same view as my religion teachers, rolls eyes. With the few and far exceptions of a feminine reference to God: ex ruah in Genesis etc, the Lord clearly tells us that He is a male. This is evidently shown in His coming as Jesus, a guy, and the hypostasis of God the Father, again a male. My mind is completely pondered by the modern belief of God as a female or gender-neutral, but I am willing to here others out.

This decision is just stupid and represents the failings of the Church of Sweden, which my great-great grandmother was a proud member of. She would be ashamed of her church.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 10:04:54 PM »

This decision is just stupid and represents the failings of the Church of Sweden, which my great-great grandmother was a proud member of. She would be ashamed of her church.

Half the clergy are imams.
To be totally honest with you, I wouldn't be shocked. The Lutheran Churches in Europe have sadly fallen by the complete wayside. Many clergy in the Netherlands are atheist or agnostic, the church has turned away from its primary function to a social circle.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 04:18:56 PM »

To be totally honest with you, I wouldn't be shocked. The Lutheran Churches in Europe have sadly fallen by the complete wayside. Many clergy in the Netherlands are atheist or agnostic, the church has turned away from its primary function to a social circle.

Yeah and honestly I suspect that's part of the reason (if not maybe the main reason) most mainline Christian churches are collapsing. If people are going to turn to Religion, they want one that actually stands for something and isn't just a social club looking for popularity. Frankly at this point, I think the Catholic and Orthodox churches are the only mainline churches that still do actually look for something deeper than popularity and I think are the only ones with a long term future (and I'm saying this as an Anglican, I'll probably leave it sooner or later for one of the two I mentionned, I actually haven't been to my Anglican church in a couple of years now).
We fully welcome you into the Catholic Church, lol!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies