Slightly change the borders (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:57:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Slightly change the borders (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Slightly change the borders  (Read 2326 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: November 28, 2017, 12:21:19 PM »

Fix whatever's going on with Missouri and Arkansas.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 12:49:32 PM »

Fix whatever's going on with Missouri and Arkansas.
What exactly is going on with Missouri and Arkansas, and how would you fix it?

I'd give the MO bootheel to AR.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 08:57:12 PM »

Nevada and California trade some counties.  California takes Clark county (Vegas) and Nevada takes the rural regions of northern California aka the areas that want to become "Jefferson"  Las Vegas has a lot more in common with California than the rest of Nevada and rural N. California has a lot more in common with Nevada than the rest of California.  
No. The Northern Nevada one would have soooo few people, and topographically, that split wouldn't make sense.
the state would probably have a population similar to Idaho or New Mexico.  wouldn't be too under populated.
The bad thing would be that the new states would look bad (unless the Clark County like is extended through Nye County). I'd just prefer splitting Cali into 2 though, and leaving Nevada as it is.
how would you split Cali into 2?  Also, for the CA/NV split, the best would be to give California Clark county and California gives Nevada Del Norte, Siskiyou, Modoc, Trinity, Shasta, Lassen, Tehama, Plumas, Butte, Glenn, Colusa, Sierra, Sutter, Yuba, Nevada, Placer, El Dorado, Alpine, Mono, Amador, Calaveras, Tuolumne, and Mariposa counties.  After the split, California would still have 55 electoral votes but would be slightly more Democratic.  Nevada with its new boundaries would have a population of 2,382,441 and have 5 electoral votes.  In 2016 its percentages would have been 38% Clinton and 54.5% Trump.  These calculations were made by me with the assistance of redrawthestates.com.  Now Nevada would be the "electrum state" because it would be a combo of the silver state and the parts of the golden state that had the gold rush! (geology joke)  I would also contain Yosemite!

I'd split it down the natural county line which divides NorCal and SoCal. I'd also maybe create the State of Jefferson from the far north counties.

While the northern edge of SLO/Kern/San Bernardino looks neat on paper, Kern clearly belongs in NorCal with the rest of the San Joaquin Valley. SLO could go either way but looks better on paper with NorCal if Kern is with NorCal.
This. Also, Inyo, Mono, and Alpine belong im Southern California, as does, I think, SLO. Jefferson is way too insignificant to be a state. Also, the poster who suggested putting west of the Sierra counties in with Reno does not understand California.

Jefferson would presumably take southern Oregon with it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies