Speech by the Vice President
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:57:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Speech by the Vice President
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Speech by the Vice President  (Read 1161 times)
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 01, 2005, 09:35:27 PM »

Mr. President pro tempore, Honorable Senators, and Senators-Elect,

As you may know, the new Senate will be convening tomorrow at noon. I believe that the President pro tempore, Senator Gabu, will be retiring due to term limits. I would like to take this opportunity to thank him for his long service. My thanks also extend to our outgoing Senators, King, MHS2002, Harry, and, eventually, Sam Spade.

To Senators-Elect Defarge, Al, and Ebowed. Welcome! You may find the rules of the Senate here; if there are any procedural or other questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Furthermore, I will continue to maintain the Senate Notice Board, which should summarize the activities and agenda of this body.

Before we reach the consideration of legislation, the President pro tempore election will have to be completed. As provided by the rules, potential candidates will have 72 hours to declare; thereafter, an election will be held using preferential voting.

I believe that there are only five bills remaining on the Senate Agenda at the end of this session, so we should be able to delve into newly introduced bills quite quickly this time. I look forward to seeing any new bills that may be written and introduced.

Thank you and good night,
The Vice President
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies