NV-4: Rep. Ruben Kihuen accused of sexual harassment, announces retirement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:38:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NV-4: Rep. Ruben Kihuen accused of sexual harassment, announces retirement
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Author Topic: NV-4: Rep. Ruben Kihuen accused of sexual harassment, announces retirement  (Read 12572 times)
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2017, 08:02:09 PM »

Wow. ABC article has Kihuen saying that Pelosi and the DCCC knew about the allegations during his campaign, but still funded him. Shades of Mark Foley 2006, very explosive allegation against the Democratic leadership.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/nevada-democrat-accused-sexual-misconduct-resign/story?id=51599790

Adamant denials from all parties he accused though, so I seriously doubt that's true. If there was a DCCC internal investigation like he claims then there would be a paperwork trail somewhere, and if that was the case there wouldn't have been the absolute adamant denials from Pelosi, the Nevada Democratic party, and the DCCC. Sounds like Kihuen is so desperate he's resorted to lying.

Kihuen has outed himself as a complete slime in the last month, so yeah, he's most likely lying his oily ass off. Hopefully the release of the texts finally shoves him out of office.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2017, 08:03:55 PM »

He should resign & should be punished legally for sexual harassment. This is a fresh new case not some 40 year old issue.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2017, 11:25:45 PM »

Pull the trigger Harry.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2017, 02:07:08 AM »

King Lear
Russian Federation

« Reply #79 on: December 06, 2017, 04:06:26 AM »

Democrats are illiterate to through away a seat they just gained last year over some unsubstantiated sexual harassment claimes in order to gain a moral high ground that will allow republicans to roll over them like they have since the 2010 midterms.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #80 on: December 06, 2017, 04:22:24 AM »
« Edited: December 06, 2017, 04:42:15 AM by smoltchanov »

I really can't understand one thing in all these "sexual harrasment" cases: what happened to presumption of innocence? Until now my feeling was that a person is NOT guilty until COURTS prove it's guilt. Now, after almost EVERY accusation of "inappropriate behavoir," we hear "Resign!" immediately. No courts at all. In general - why everyone takes these accusations as bona fide "truth"? I know many cases where alleged victims lied (even in court), held grudge against accused, even cases where "victim"  accused (a man in that case) after sex (consentual) of rape simply because he refused to marry her.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #81 on: December 06, 2017, 04:46:03 AM »

I really can't understand one thing in all these "sexual harrasment" cases: what happened to presumption of innocence? Until now my feeling was that a person is NOT guilty until COURTS prove it's guilt. Now, after almost EVERY accusation of "inappropriate behavoir," we hear "Resign!" immediately. No courts at all. In general - why everyone takes these accusations as bona fide "truth"? I know many cases where alleged victims lied (even in court), held grudge against accused, even cases where "victim"  accused (a man in that case) after sex (consentual) of rape simply because he refused to marry her.

Presumption of innocence is for legal proceedings, and should remain there. There's absolutely no precedent for the presumption of innocence in the court of public opinion.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2017, 05:03:58 AM »

Presumption of innocence is for legal proceedings, and should remain there. There's absolutely no precedent for the presumption of innocence in the court of public opinion.

Opinion, but not demand
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #83 on: December 06, 2017, 05:07:23 AM »

Opinion, but not demand

I don't understand the distinction you're drawing here.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #84 on: December 06, 2017, 07:15:06 AM »

I mean, I agree with the MeToo movement but this is a very ugly sentiment imo.
BundouYMB

« Reply #85 on: December 06, 2017, 08:58:09 AM »

There must be a thousand people who could do Kihuen's job as well as he's doing it. Why would we not want a Congressman not accused of doing these things, particularly given she's released some compelling circumstantial proof (creepy text messages from Kihuen.)

Lets not kid ourselves, even if Kihuen is forced to resign he can easily get a cushy lobbyist job. Even on the extreme off chance these allegations are false he's not going to be living on the street corner or something, he's just going to move from one cushy job to another cushy job. I see no problem with asking him to resign.
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #86 on: December 06, 2017, 09:30:56 AM »

A tiny fraction of sexual harassment/rape allegations are untrue. Kihuen is the only Democrat who would manage to lose this rac next year,  even Lucy Flores would have a better shot. Hell, he’ll probably be primaried out, might as well save face by resigning now.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #87 on: December 06, 2017, 09:37:59 AM »

Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #88 on: December 06, 2017, 04:20:26 PM »

Cresent Hardy
King Lear
Russian Federation

« Reply #89 on: December 06, 2017, 04:25:27 PM »

Why are democrats going to throw this seat away especially if they knew about this when he won last year.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2017, 01:52:31 AM »

Amy Vilela endorsed
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #91 on: December 07, 2017, 02:05:54 AM »

Likewise, and I think the state party would benefit from doing the same. She's fairly young, she's Latina, she has a tremendously effective background, and she isn't a Chaplinian joke like Lucy Flores. All around, Vilela is the perfect contrast to a slime like Kihuen.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #92 on: December 07, 2017, 04:57:49 PM »

Normally I'm skeptical that capital-b Berniecrats can win swing seats, but Vilela seems pretty good.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #93 on: December 07, 2017, 05:46:30 PM »

Why are democrats going to throw this seat away especially if they knew about this when he won last year.
Because sexual harassment is evil and a big deal. I don't think you understand how truly awful his actions were.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #94 on: December 13, 2017, 09:33:58 PM »

Another accuser alleging hundreds of suggestive texts including requests to sit in his lap at a committee hearing, sleep at his place. Hand up her dress, touching her in other inappropriate ways.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #95 on: December 13, 2017, 10:20:41 PM »

What a creep. He needs to go.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #96 on: December 13, 2017, 10:22:24 PM »

For Christ's sake, Nancy, just throw him out by his ear.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #97 on: December 13, 2017, 10:24:30 PM »

Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #98 on: December 13, 2017, 10:33:25 PM »

Kihuen needs to go. He doesn't deserve the seat and could lose it if he stays on.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #99 on: December 13, 2017, 10:34:56 PM »

Kihuen needs to go. He doesn't deserve the seat and could lose it if he stays on.

If he stays on, Vilela swats him in the primary. Calling that now.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies