how can someone believe in anarcho-communism?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:54:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  how can someone believe in anarcho-communism?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: how can someone believe in anarcho-communism?  (Read 1562 times)
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 03, 2017, 09:38:02 PM »

do they not realize that selfish, asocial, and authoritarian people like myself will always exist?
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 09:55:25 PM »

I'm not a huge fan of the government but I also know anarchy will never work. While anarcho-communism is more ideal than dictatorial communism (and the goal of Karl Marx), if a society wants to put communism into place some sort of body or group will have to enforce it.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 10:18:22 PM »

I have never understood anarcho-communism's theory.  While I strongly disagree with it, I understand the line of thinking behind anarcho-capitalism, but how would there be no government and a government that redistributes wealth at the same time?
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 10:28:39 PM »

I have never understood anarcho-communism's theory.  While I strongly disagree with it, I understand the line of thinking behind anarcho-capitalism, but how would there be no government and a government that redistributes wealth at the same time?
Yeah, that's why I think the government is necessary. Anarcho-capitalism could and has happened, but anarcho-communism is nothing but Marx's wet dream.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 10:53:39 PM »
« Edited: December 04, 2017, 12:11:12 AM by Old School Republican »

They are Dumb
Arturo Belano

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.43

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 12:05:26 AM »

*Theiyr're
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 12:09:10 AM »

It helps to know what anarchism and communism mean if you want to understand anarcho-communism.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 12:42:09 AM »

whomst'd've'ly'yaint'nt'ed'ies's'y'es
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2017, 01:07:22 AM »

they think people will do it "out of the goodness of their heart" lol.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2017, 01:11:11 AM »

Every form of anarchism makes no sense to me, honestly.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2017, 02:14:42 AM »

I think the idea is that wealth and private property wouldn't exist without a government to enforce it.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2017, 04:10:21 AM »

I think the idea is that wealth and private property wouldn't exist without a government to enforce it.

The only way that would be true is if your living in a lawless society. This proves my point that Communists are evil
Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
Angola

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -10.00

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2017, 06:23:08 AM »

Oh boy, I'm really not sure if I hate myself enough to get into this.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2017, 12:45:09 PM »

How exactly are they supposed to defend their revolution from "reactionary" attacks if there is no state? It's a silly idea, even by communist standards.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2017, 09:37:23 PM »

How exactly are they supposed to defend their revolution from "reactionary" attacks if there is no state? It's a silly idea, even by communist standards.

Yea the Bolsheviks in the Russian Civil War pretended to be nice to the Anarchists so they could beat the Whites. As soon as the Whites were defeated , the Anarchists were stamped out brutally. Communism with no state to enforce it was a very dangerous ideology for the Marxist-Leninists and had to be crushed fast.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2017, 11:25:55 PM »

The Right: I have no idea how something I don’t agree with could make sense to someone else!
The Left: Of course you wouldn’t get it. [Never explains]
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2017, 10:38:18 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2017, 10:45:26 PM by HillGoose »

would encourage y'all to read literally anything any ancom has written ever before spouting off your opinions

do they actually think horrible sociopathic people like me will ever behave like they want though? if it's truly "anarchist" then they can't do anything to stop my selfish behavior, but then how will they enforce communism?

these leftist philosophies serve no purpose but to corrupt the minds of youth.
TheLeftwardTide
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2017, 11:59:49 PM »
« Edited: December 12, 2017, 12:03:58 AM by Angry Socdem »

would encourage y'all to read literally anything any ancom has written ever before spouting off your opinions

do they actually think horrible sociopathic people like me will ever behave like they want though? if it's truly "anarchist" then they can't do anything to stop my selfish behavior, but then how will they enforce communism?

Same logic with anarcho-capitalism - if there's no government to protect private property, how will the concept of private property even exist? What, so people are just going to magically adhere to the NAP? Why go off against anarcho-communism but not anarcho-capitalism, when your line of reasoning applies for both?

I don't pretend to understand ancoms because I just don't care. But remember to google Bookchin
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2017, 12:36:01 AM »

Same logic with anarcho-capitalism - if there's no government to protect private property, how will the concept of private property even exist? What, so people are just going to magically adhere to the NAP? Why go off against anarcho-communism but not anarcho-capitalism, when your line of reasoning applies for both?

I don't pretend to understand ancoms because I just don't care. But remember to google Bookchin

I'm not an anarcho-capitalist, I won't support that either. Only neoconservatism.
TheLeftwardTide
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2017, 03:51:54 PM »

I'm not an anarcho-capitalist, I won't support that either. Only neoconservatism.

Alright, but seriously google Bookchin
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2017, 07:06:21 PM »

It's a utopian ideology. People hear about the utopia and think it sounds like a wonderful place, not understanding the problem of getting there.

The idea (at least within the Soviet context; there are probably other schools of thought) is that the state will exist at first to advance the cause, and organically disappear once reaction had been decisively defeated and everyone is communist. This runs into the classic failing of extremist ideologies, wherein they believe that they hold the one truth and that everyone else will know that once they have been proselytized to.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2017, 07:51:02 PM »

Basically, the idea is that those who wont give up their wealth will have it stolen.

Of course, what is almost never acknowledges is the necessity of conscription to force people to fight the last outposts of capitalism.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2017, 12:33:55 AM »

Post-scarcity technologies could make it possible.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2017, 12:45:07 AM »

The idea (at least within the Soviet context; there are probably other schools of thought) is that the state will exist at first to advance the cause, and organically disappear once reaction had been decisively defeated and everyone is communist. This runs into the classic failing of extremist ideologies, wherein they believe that they hold the one truth and that everyone else will know that once they have been proselytized to.
Reminds me of how abusive parents say, "You'll see that we were right when you become a parent. You'll do the same things to your kids that we do to you and your kids will say the same things that you're saying."
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies