Opinion on the works of Charles Fort?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:45:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate
  Book Reviews and Discussion (Moderator: Torie)
  Opinion on the works of Charles Fort?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Opinion on the works of Charles Fort?  (Read 783 times)
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 04, 2017, 05:44:39 PM »

If you're not aware of him, he was a writer who specialized in research on the paranormal and anomalous phenomena, basically anything weird that you can think of and typically gets overlooked by conventional science, and strongly influenced science fiction, as well as less accepted sciences such as ufology and cryptozoology. If you do know who he is, what is your opinion on his works?

I read The Book of the Damned, New Lands, Lo!, and Wild Talents. Although I consider him the founder of my favorite genre of literature, "weird fiction," his own works are extremely difficult to read, they read more like a list of unexplained events recorded throughout history and speculation on these events from his own point of view, although he repeatedly affirms that he himself doesn't truly know.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 06:34:38 PM »

Although I am generally very skeptical of any paranormal or pseudo-scientific claims, these topics do fascinate me and I find his works interesting from that perspective.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies