Post Random US Election County Maps Here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 06:22:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Post Random US Election County Maps Here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 28
Author Topic: Post Random US Election County Maps Here  (Read 64526 times)
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: December 21, 2017, 09:54:58 PM »

Here's another county map. I created a map of the 2016 presidential election in the "Holland Universe", the map of the 2020 Democratic landslide in an alternate timeline, which I had posted earlier. Holland faced Mitt Romney the first time around, and beat him in a much closer election, though it was still a decent victory (larger than either of Obama's). Based upon this map, which states would be Democratic and which ones Republican? Which states would be close? (I'm actually trying to genuinely figure out the answers to these questions):

Also here: http://fiction.wikia.com/wiki/File:United_States_presidential_election_results_by_county,_2016_(Holland_Version).png
Metalhead123

« Reply #151 on: December 25, 2017, 10:24:40 PM »

This is a map of the votes for 3rd party candidates, write ins, independents, none of these candidates, etc. for the 2002 gubernatorial elections. Note that there were no votes for other in Connecticut and Rhode Island so they arent on the map
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -5.30

« Reply #152 on: December 25, 2017, 10:32:32 PM »

This is a map of the votes for 3rd party candidates, write ins, independents, none of these candidates, etc. for the 2002 gubernatorial elections. Note that there were no votes for other in Connecticut and Rhode Island so they arent on the map

Yea. Go Independence Party's!
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #153 on: December 25, 2017, 10:36:12 PM »

MY EYES!
Metalhead123

« Reply #154 on: December 25, 2017, 10:41:55 PM »

MY EYES!
just be glad i didnt use yellow. That sh**ts blinding
Metalhead123

« Reply #155 on: December 26, 2017, 07:32:47 PM »

I made another map of votes for other candidates, but this time its for 1994. There are a few states that had no 3rd party or write in votes so I didn't put those.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #156 on: December 26, 2017, 09:24:08 PM »

Here's another county map. I created a map of the 2016 presidential election in the "Holland Universe", the map of the 2020 Democratic landslide in an alternate timeline, which I had posted earlier. Holland faced Mitt Romney the first time around, and beat him in a much closer election, though it was still a decent victory (larger than either of Obama's). Based upon this map, which states would be Democratic and which ones Republican? Which states would be close? (I'm actually trying to genuinely figure out the answers to these questions):

Also here: http://fiction.wikia.com/wiki/File:United_States_presidential_election_results_by_county,_2016_(Holland_Version).png

Holland 417
Trump 121

I think it looks like this? Maybe
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #157 on: December 27, 2017, 10:56:29 AM »

Holland 417
Trump 121

I think it looks like this? Maybe

You are correct, for the most part. Tex Arkana had posted a map on AlternateHistory.com, in response to this same scenario I posed. However, there are some differences. For one, South Carolina would be a narrow Democratic victory, and New Mexico, of course, would be Democratic. Ohio, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, Virginia, New Jersey, and New Hampshire would have Democratic winning percentages in the mid to upper fifties, not above 60%. Idaho would probably be over 60% Republican. Besides those, you would be correct.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #158 on: December 28, 2017, 11:29:26 AM »

Here's another map, which I originally posted on Alternate History. Along with the explanation:

This map is of the United States Senatorial elections in 2020, within the "Holland Universe". Holland (as you can guess, if you compare with this county map: http://fiction.wikia.com/wiki/File:United_States_presidential_election_by_county,_2020.png, posted here earlier), outperforms a number of the Democratic candidates, some by significant margins (Montana, Kansas, Nebraska, Colorado, Iowa, Oregon, and North Carolina being good examples), and others less so. Democrats win Senate seats in Alaska, Colorado, Montana, Georgia, North Carolina, and Maine, and nearly unseat Republican incumbents in Iowa, South Carolina, Nebraska, and Kentucky. Mike Enzi runs unopposed in Wyoming, and so does Jack Reed in Rhode Island. Gary Peters in Michigan, Ed Markey in Massachusetts, Jeanne Shaheen in New Hampshire, Cory Booker in New Jersey, and Tom Carper in Delaware sweep every county in their states (as did Holland in all except for Michigan). In Texas, the Democratic incumbent is Beto O'Rourke, who wins with ~56% of the vote.

Also here if you cannot see it: http://fiction.wikia.com/wiki/File:United_States_Senatorial_election_results_by_county,_2020.png.
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix

« Reply #159 on: December 28, 2017, 02:03:16 PM »

Is Holland the new Rutherford?
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #160 on: December 28, 2017, 02:04:36 PM »

No. No one can replace flawless beautiful William J. Rutherford Purple heart
Metalhead123

« Reply #161 on: December 28, 2017, 03:40:35 PM »

This map is the 1948 election with the results being that of the polls. So the results are   Truman: 45%/Dewey: 50%/Wallace: 4%/Thurmond:2%

Im not completely sure of how accurate this map is as it is one of my first maps so I might make an updated version of it sometime soon.
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #162 on: December 28, 2017, 08:48:37 PM »

This map is the 1948 election with the results being that of the polls. So the results are   Truman: 45%/Dewey: 50%/Wallace: 4%/Thurmond:2%

Im not completely sure of how accurate this map is as it is one of my first maps so I might make an updated version of it sometime soon.
Very cool, and I wish this had been the actual result of the election tbh.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #163 on: December 30, 2017, 12:52:59 AM »

Pitchfork Pat wins a Michigan Stunner in 1996

Republican Primary
Pat Buchanan-48%
Bob Dole-37%
Lamar Alexander-9%
Malcom Forbes-6%
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #164 on: December 30, 2017, 02:17:33 AM »

Republican Primary
Pat Buchanan-48%
Bob Dole-37%
Lamar Alexander-9%
Malcom Forbes-6%

Why does he win by 11% though?
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #165 on: December 30, 2017, 11:50:00 AM »

Republican Primary
Pat Buchanan-48%
Bob Dole-37%
Lamar Alexander-9%
Malcom Forbes-6%

Why does he win by 11% though?

Some kind of Bob Dole campaign gaffe combined with a more well-liked stance on trade issues and some high profile endorsements? I didn't really think about the how, I just figured that the map looked like about an 11% win.
Metalhead123

« Reply #166 on: December 30, 2017, 12:04:05 PM »

This is a map of the votes for all of the 3rd parties, write-ins, McMuffins, and what not by intervals of 10. Im not totally done because I know that trying to get data for Alaska is going to be tough to compile.
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #167 on: December 30, 2017, 12:14:22 PM »

This is a map of the votes for all of the 3rd parties, write-ins, McMuffins, and what not by intervals of 10. Im not totally done because I know that trying to get data for Alaska is going to be tough to compile.
This is a pretty boring map Tongue
Metalhead123

« Reply #168 on: December 30, 2017, 12:30:17 PM »
« Edited: December 30, 2017, 04:02:28 PM by Metalhead123 »

It is kinda boring, but I think it would be less boring if someone helped me with alaska Grin

but seriously tho, can someone help me with Alaska?
Metalhead123

« Reply #169 on: December 31, 2017, 01:37:12 PM »

It is finally finished. The data for Alaska was really grueling to compile.
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #170 on: December 31, 2017, 01:39:07 PM »

It is finally finished. The data for Alaska was really grueling to compile.
Alaska and Utah are the only states that make this map interesting. I didn't realize third parties did so well in Alaska in 2016 on the burrough level.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #171 on: December 31, 2017, 02:12:58 PM »

Vermont also noticeably darker thanks to the 5% of write ins for Bernie
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #172 on: December 31, 2017, 02:16:37 PM »

This is an interesting map, but I'd suggest using different colours in which the differences are more stark. Great work nontheless!
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #173 on: January 02, 2018, 01:23:16 PM »

Here is a revised version of my Holland county map. I went back and changed many states to make them more reflective of the results, and to make the map "cleaner". I'm also posting this to help bump the thread back up. Comments and questions are greatly appreciated:

Also here if you cannot see it: http://fiction.wikia.com/wiki/File:United_States_presidential_election_results_by_county,_2020_(with_percentages).png.
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix

« Reply #174 on: January 02, 2018, 03:53:30 PM »

Here is a revised version of my Holland county map. I went back and changed many states to make them more reflective of the results, and to make the map "cleaner". I'm also posting this to help bump the thread back up. Comments and questions are greatly appreciated:

Also here if you cannot see it: http://fiction.wikia.com/wiki/File:United_States_presidential_election_results_by_county,_2020_(with_percentages).png.

So... what causes Holland to perform such a clear sweep over Dickenson.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 28  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies