Democrats (and sympathyzers): what if Franken's Resignation threatened his seat? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:25:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Democrats (and sympathyzers): what if Franken's Resignation threatened his seat? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democrats (and sympathyzers): what if Franken's Resignation threatened his seat?  (Read 1431 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: December 06, 2017, 08:32:24 PM »

Democrats have been infinitely more honorable about calling out their own party members accused of sexual harassment then the pathetic defense of Roy Moore that too many Republicans have stuck to regardless. However, ask yourself honestly. What if Minnesota's Governor wasn't a Democrat and this meant a republican would be appointed with the advantage of incumbency going into next year's election? Or what if there was an election coming up in just a few weeks against a Sirius Republican candidate? I look for a convincing explanation from Hardcore liberals and Democrats that they would still just as adamantly went Frank and to step aside even if it meant anything from a guarantee to near certainty dash dash think as if Roy Moore stepped aside for a write-in by Martha Roby or Mo Brooks two weeks ago, but Roy Moore's name still appeared on the ballot Dash Dash that the seat would flip.

A somewhat less high-profile seat, but I'd love a convincing explanation how Democrats would be just as eager for Conyers to resign if he represented say a D+ 3 seat instead of a d + 33 seat
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 12:10:26 PM »

I have zero tolerance for perverts that aren't me.

You, sir, have won the internet.

Even my wife who is trying to get me off a lunchtime Atlas break back to billable hours laughed at that.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 12:22:04 PM »

Democrats have been infinitely more honorable about calling out their own party members accused of sexual harassment then the pathetic defense of Roy Moore that too many Republicans have stuck to regardless. However, ask yourself honestly. What if Minnesota's Governor wasn't a Democrat and this meant a republican would be appointed with the advantage of incumbency going into next year's election? Or what if there was an election coming up in just a few weeks against a Sirius Republican candidate? I look for a convincing explanation from Hardcore liberals and Democrats that they would still just as adamantly went Frank and to step aside even if it meant anything from a guarantee to near certainty dash dash think as if Roy Moore stepped aside for a write-in by Martha Roby or Mo Brooks two weeks ago, but Roy Moore's name still appeared on the ballot Dash Dash that the seat would flip.

A somewhat less high-profile seat, but I'd love a convincing explanation how Democrats would be just as eager for Conyers to resign if he represented say a D+ 3 seat instead of a d + 33 seat

Ben Ray Lujan, the #3 House Dem, has already called on Ruben Kihuen to step down in his D+3 NV-04.

I think the answer may be implied already, but do you agree with Lujan?

Also maybe bringing up Conyers was a bad example because a special house election will promptly fill any vacancy, whereas in my hypothetical a Republican holds Franken's seat at least through next year, and creates another tough seat to fight next year.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 12:23:13 PM »

I have zero tolerance for perverts that aren't me.

You, sir, have won the internet.

Even my wife who is trying to get me off a lunchtime Atlas break back to billable hours laughed at that.
Finally, my life long dream of winning the internet has been realized Cheesy

Oh no, my friend. It goes beyond just that. As you can now see below, your post has risen to that penultimate internet reward: "Sigworthy!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 10:58:33 PM »

I'm sure we will soon find out the answer to that question.

Huh? Franken will be replaced by a Democrat and in 2018 it's not likely to be seriously contested. What are you talking about? Huh
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies