Voter intelligence
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:42:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  Voter intelligence
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Voter intelligence  (Read 20546 times)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2004, 05:47:47 PM »

Well, ya beat them in amount of toxic waste sites!

Always have to ruin the Jeresy guy's moment....

Grin
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2004, 06:37:20 PM »

Hmm....so you are saying that the rich fat cat states voted for Gore, and the poor working class states voted for Bush?  How do you feel about supporting a party that is the puppet of the big corporate voters who make all the money, while the poor Republican voters are just trying to make things better?

LOL, your numbers can go the other way too Wink
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2004, 06:42:31 PM »

I got 140...but I've done it before, so the 135 I got the first time is probably more accurate, I'm afraid. Not sure whether that test is fully reliable though, even though it seems to be EVERYWHERE! Wink
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2004, 06:55:04 PM »

Hmm....so you are saying that the rich fat cat states voted for Gore, and the poor working class states voted for Bush?  How do you feel about supporting a party that is the puppet of the big corporate voters who make all the money, while the poor Republican voters are just trying to make things better?

No idiot, I find in funny that poor stupid whites cheerfully vote for candidates that don't give a crap about them!  It's usually white middle  classes that vote Gore and poor white Southerners that vote Bush. In PA, you will find that most Dems are supported by Philadelphia and surrounding suburbs along with Pittsburgh.  The "T" is mired in a depression, yet votes conservative.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2004, 07:04:17 PM »

115 for me.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2004, 07:04:27 PM »

Just another pathetic attempt by those on the left to smash the right. I'm sure all 15 million of Floridas residents took a IQ test and they got an average that way. This is mostly hogwash.

Technically they don't have to.  That's why I can take a poll of 2,000 Floridians and get a rough outlook of the state's opinion.

This does not mean only stupid people vote for Gore.   It seems to have much more with income and education that actual intelligence.

StatesRights doesn't believe in polls...
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2004, 07:06:10 PM »

Oh.  I've taken Statistics and seen hundreds of cases where they work.  The only time they don't is when they're done wrong.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2004, 07:06:35 PM »

No, I just don't put faith in them.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2004, 07:09:28 PM »

However, you can see that this one corresponds directly with average income level which isn't a poll but an actual census.  It's unlikely that the reality is reversed and Utah actually scores better on intelligence tests that are more of a measure of education than Connecticut.

What you shouldn't put faith in is how accurate these tests are and if they measure what they claim to (which they don't).
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2004, 07:10:49 PM »

What was your profile?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2004, 07:12:24 PM »

That quickie IQ test has always seemed horribly done to me.  Testing things like vocabulary and math.  I do well on it but there are far better ones.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2004, 07:49:32 PM »

No idiot, I find in funny that poor stupid whites cheerfully vote for candidates that don't give a crap about them!  It's usually white middle  classes that vote Gore and poor white Southerners that vote Bush. In PA, you will find that most Dems are supported by Philadelphia and surrounding suburbs along with Pittsburgh.  The "T" is mired in a depression, yet votes conservative.

Hmm, have you ever been to a suburb of a major city?  They are often heavily Republican.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2004, 08:38:19 PM »
« Edited: May 01, 2004, 08:38:55 PM by StatesRights »

We also compared your answers with others who have taken the test. According to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is a Word Warrior.

This means you have exceptional verbal skills. You can easily make sense of complex issues and take an unusually creative approach to solving problems. Your strengths also make you a visionary. Even without trying you're able to come up with lots of new and creative ideas. And that's just a small part of what we know about you from your test results.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2004, 08:41:51 PM »

Some things to remember:

1) IQ is not a reliable measure of intelligence. It is, however, an excellent measure of education.
2) The Poorest and least educated counties tend to be Democrat. State level is too wide.

A lot of the poorest and/or least-educated counties/congressional districts are majority-minority and therefore strongly Democratic. But once race is controlled for, better-educated voters are more Democratic.

When I get a chance, I'll make a table of the 10 least educated congressional districts--my guess is that most of these went to Bush.

Here's a table of the least-educated white-majority congressional districts (34 out of 50 were majority-minority):

Percent of Population Ages 18 to 24 who are Not High School Graduates, 2000 (and 2000 Presidential winner):

1. Congressional District 1, NV 41.4% Gore
2. Congressional District 10, GA 41.1% Bush (>60%)
3. Congressional District 16, FL 40.6% Bush
4. Congressional District 4, WA 39.3% Bush (>60%)
5. Congressional District 32, TX 37.2% Bush (>60%)
6. Congressional District 13, FL 37.1% Bush
7. Congressional District 5, TX 36.5% Bush (>60%)
8. Congressional District 45, CA 36.3% Bush
9. Congressional District 11, GA 35.2% Bush
10. Congressional District 12, FL 35.2% Bush
11. Congressional District 3, GA 34.7% Bush
12. Congressional District 5, FL 34.5% Bush
13. Congressional District 4, AL 34.2% Bush (>60%)
14. Congressional District 14, FL 34.0% Bush (>60%)
15. Congressional District 10, NC 33.1% Bush (>60%)
16. Congressional District 3, LA 32.8% Bush

So even on the congressional district level, less-educated whites favor Bush.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2004, 08:47:48 PM »

Whats your point? Education does not equal intelligence. If that was the case some of our greatest thinkers would have never been known.
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2004, 08:54:50 PM »

Hmm, have you ever been to a suburb of a major city?  They are often heavily Republican.

What are you talking about?  I live in Westchester outside of NYC and I know of only a handful of conservatives in the entire town.  If you mean the way out rural areas, then sure, they're heavily republican.  But so is the rest of the space in between cities.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2004, 09:25:14 PM »

Whats your point? Education does not equal intelligence. If that was the case some of our greatest thinkers would have never been known.

I was listing congressional districts since Al had said earlier that state-level was too wide to measure education and intelligence.

I agree that education does not equal intelligence, though they are closely related.
zachman

« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2004, 09:39:33 PM »

That Mississippi number of 85 was pathetic. If half of the state had an IQ of 85, a quarter had an IQ of over 100, then the last quarter had an IQ of under 70, qualifying them as mentally retarded. Educational levels certainly do correlate with politics, but I'll just get bashed for suggesting that.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2004, 09:44:01 PM »

What are you talking about?  I live in Westchester outside of NYC and I know of only a handful of conservatives in the entire town.  If you mean the way out rural areas, then sure, they're heavily republican.  But so is the rest of the space in between cities.

Well, perhaps in the specific town you live in.  There are plenty of Repubicans in Westchester, and most of Long Island leans Republican.
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2004, 10:36:31 PM »

Well, perhaps in the specific town you live in.  There are plenty of Repubicans in Westchester, and most of Long Island leans Republican.

If I remember correctly, most of Westchester's reps in the house are democrats, but I can't speak for Long Island.  Regardless, in 2000, the entirety of Long Island and Westchester voted for Gore.  I expect an even higher democratic turnout this year.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2004, 10:41:39 PM »

If I remember correctly, most of Westchester's reps in the house are democrats, but I can't speak for Long Island.  Regardless, in 2000, the entirety of Long Island and Westchester voted for Gore.  I expect an even higher democratic turnout this year.

There's a difference between the county going for Gore, and the majority of the voters being Democrats.  
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2004, 10:52:53 PM »

Gore won Long Island by a wide margin, and 3 out of the 4 reps on it are Democrats.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2004, 11:06:37 PM »

Gore won Long Island by a wide margin, and 3 out of the 4 reps on it are Democrats.

There are circumstances for that.  For example, in district 1 there was a scandal regarding the Republican rep that was defeated in 2002.  Under normal cirumstances a democrat wouldn't win there.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2004, 11:12:46 PM »

Gore won the district 53-43, so it most certainly could elect a Democrat under normal circumstances.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2004, 07:05:38 AM »

That quickie IQ test has always seemed horribly done to me.  Testing things like vocabulary and math.  I do well on it but there are far better ones.

Ah, shut up. Wink

I know, IQ-test can give a lot of different results, so I don't place too much faith in them...unless i get a good score... Wink

I have found that the more geomertic figures, the worse my score gets.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies