Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:20:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 [72]
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Roy Moore (R)

Doug Jones (D)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 189

Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread  (Read 126169 times)
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1775 on: December 13, 2017, 12:20:49 AM »

Looks like Jones narrowly carried AL-02 and narrowly lost AL-01.
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1776 on: December 13, 2017, 12:21:30 AM »

Hit the road Roy don't cha come back
No Moore no Moore no Moore no Moore
Hit the road Roy and don't cha come back
No Moore
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1777 on: December 13, 2017, 12:21:50 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Christ. Sir One-Note continues to battle against the dark forces in America.

Sexually assaulting teenage girls isn't "dark forces"?

You need a date, but I suspect you would only get one "Roy Moore style".

Okay, please don't say stuff like this. Going on a date or having sex doesn't make one mature, and implying that it does is disgusting. As much as I dislike what Ben has posted here tonight, implying that he is inappropriate with women (and/or girls) is also just wrong. If you want people to grow up, be the change you'd like to see, please.

Sorry, no. I'm not going to coddle people who excuse their support for a serial boderline pedophile and sexual assaulter in jaunty "bro" language. The world has gotten too damn crazy, and people who follow that route need to be taught--harshly if needed--that such views are grossly and contemptibly outside ALL norms, political or otherwise. 
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1778 on: December 13, 2017, 12:21:58 AM »

Wew lads...black people saved the day:

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1779 on: December 13, 2017, 12:22:55 AM »

They had Jones winning by 10% at the same time. What kind of model is that? Mine had a slight Moore lead, but a lead nonetheless and got gradually more confident as time went on.

Christ. Every other post in the hour before the election was 'pedophile'. You want class? Clean up your own cesspit. Also you had Extreme, me and classic as 'pedophiles' for standing up for Moore.

Whatever you say, Sir One-Note.

So proclaims Queen Broken Record.

GTFO.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #1780 on: December 13, 2017, 12:23:26 AM »
« Edited: December 13, 2017, 12:26:58 AM by jphp »

Maybe this is the fact that I'm posting this at 5am but I think this'll work out like Clinton: a candidate that was 100% sure that they were going to win losing narrowly beginning to talk about recounts and whatever the night of and refusing to concede; and then after a good nights sleep and talking to some people a realisation might come that running this longer might cause more problems than conceding it will and then he'll decide to bow out gracefully.  Especially considering that the Secretary of State didn't seem overly excited about going down the recount route; and with these results that seems fair enough.

Normally I would agree with this, but I am wondering if Trump is telling him to wait before conceding, because his (Trump)'s reputation could take even more damage from Moore's loss. So not only does he have his own feelings to deal with, but an angry, yelling president telling him not to concede?
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1781 on: December 13, 2017, 12:23:36 AM »

If you look at the difference through the evening, their call at one point was +10 Jones, when there was nothing to indicate that. It's no big deal when there's under 10% in, but at that point we were about 30-40 percent in. Way off.

Also, it wasn't until at 90+ that they were within 2%. Their prediction kept getting peeled down, peeled down, peeled down. It was almost as was predicted that it would come all the way back. That's not a sign of a good model, that's the sign of data aggregation.

That's not a great 'predictor'. Mine was within 2% at about the 20% mark. Had Moore up a bit, but nothing over 1% until I made the call at about 1.3% advantage of Moore over the swing.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1782 on: December 13, 2017, 12:25:31 AM »

Okay, please don't say stuff like this. Going on a date or having sex doesn't make one mature, and implying that it does is disgusting. As much as I dislike what Ben has posted here tonight, implying that he is inappropriate with women (and/or girls) is also just wrong. If you want people to grow up, be the change you'd like to see, please.

Sorry, no. I'm not going to coddle people who excuse their support for a serial boderline pedophile and sexual assaulter in jaunty "bro" language. The world has gotten too damn crazy, and people who follow that route need to be taught--harshly if needed--that such views are grossly and contemptibly outside ALL norms, political or otherwise. 

This isn't about coddling. It's that your statements are inappropriate, as well. If you want to chew him out, by all means, do so. But don't try to make sex and dating the definition of maturity, because that's sexist and disgusting.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1783 on: December 13, 2017, 12:26:19 AM »

Looks like Jones narrowly carried AL-02 and narrowly lost AL-01.

And seemingly only lost Mo Brook's district -- AL-05--by a hair.
Former Kentuckian
Cal

« Reply #1784 on: December 13, 2017, 12:28:02 AM »

This can't be said enough
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1785 on: December 13, 2017, 12:28:12 AM »

I find it interesting that the lesson learned here is that branding everyone to whom you have a political disagreement as pedophile is an effective tactic.

If that's the lesson that democrats take from this election, it's going to be an interesting 2018. Sure. Believe that. Believe that the way to fix America is to crusade against the wrongdoers. But look at the numbers.

Eighty-five percent of Republicans believed that the lies were in fact lies. Do you think that's going to provoke more republicans who come from the side that Democrats can be reasoned with? Or are you more likely to harden the opinion of the republicans?

Choose carefully which path you want to tread.  
King Lear
Russian Federation

« Reply #1786 on: December 13, 2017, 12:28:24 AM »

I’m realy happy to be wrong on this one.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #1787 on: December 13, 2017, 12:28:55 AM »

Well, excellent result. I didn't even hoped for that (my prediction was rather narrow Moore win), but VERY glad.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1788 on: December 13, 2017, 12:29:55 AM »

Great win for Jones. I was thinking Moore would win because of how Dems have often underperformed polls, but I am so happy to be wrong. The map is exactly the same as the 2012 Chief Justice referendum except with Jones also picking up Talladega and Lee.

https://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/state.php?fips=1&year=2012&f=0&off=50&elect=0
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #1789 on: December 13, 2017, 12:30:05 AM »

Believe that the way to fix America is to crusade against the wrongdoers.

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1790 on: December 13, 2017, 12:31:07 AM »

I'm back...

AND HE FREAKING DID IT!!

DOUG JONES, SENATOR-ELECT FROM ALABAMA.

Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1791 on: December 13, 2017, 12:31:37 AM »

Someone asked earlierif it was actually the amendments statement that did Moore in, and I wonder that, too. I'm so thankful that these folks turned out, because their votes were what did it.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1792 on: December 13, 2017, 12:32:00 AM »

I find it interesting that the lesson learned here is that branding everyone to whom you have a political disagreement as pedophile is an effective tactic.

If that's the lesson that democrats take from this election, it's going to be an interesting 2018. Sure. Believe that. Believe that the way to fix America is to crusade against the wrongdoers. But look at the numbers.

Eighty-five percent of Republicans believed that the lies were in fact lies. Do you think that's going to provoke more republicans who come from the side that Democrats can be reasoned with? Or are you more likely to harden the opinion of the republicans?

Choose carefully which path you want to tread.  

Badger is only calling Moore a pedo, you dolt. He's calling you an apologist.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1793 on: December 13, 2017, 12:32:12 AM »

There was an old fairy tale about the boy who cried wolf. What happened when people tuned him out?

You spent 14-1 advantage to defeat a republican in a special senate election. And it came down to recounts.

Does that suggest that there's an overwhelming, euhm, upwelling of support? I don't see that. I also wonder what happens when the spending is 1:1. Wink

Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1794 on: December 13, 2017, 12:33:17 AM »

https://mobile.twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/940812997831938050
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1795 on: December 13, 2017, 12:33:36 AM »

This isn't about coddling. It's that your statements are inappropriate, as well. If you want to chew him out, by all means, do so. But don't try to make sex and dating the definition of maturity, because that's sexist and disgusting.

It was a twist on saying he needs laid, which I wholeheartedly stand by. The reference to "date" instead of sex played into the imagery of his buffoonishly thug-like champion endlessly trying to date high school teenagers while in his 30's.

You don't have to look to hard to find this chewing out to be devoid of sexism. Men who defend such behavior in others, let alone normalize it, are vastly more likely to engage in such activities.

So again, Ben probably needs sex as a more productive and humanizing outlet (though couldn't we all? Tongue), but the way he minimizes and normalizes sexual assault of young girls is scarily indicative he'd use any opportunities to engage in such behavior himself.

There. I said it.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1796 on: December 13, 2017, 01:15:58 AM »

New thread: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=279603.0
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 [72]