Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:50:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 72
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Roy Moore (R)

Doug Jones (D)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 189

Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread  (Read 126167 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: December 12, 2017, 11:29:02 AM »

Huntsville is certainly not a typical Alabama city.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #501 on: December 12, 2017, 11:29:51 AM »

Don't read much into these anecdotal turnout bits, reminds me of how people were declaring Hillary the winner based off of high morning turnout in cities
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #502 on: December 12, 2017, 11:31:22 AM »

Strong turnout early on in Midtown Huntsville:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Ugh, that's way too high. Maybe not for that precinct, but if it looks that way everywhere...#RIPJones.

I hope your being sarcastic...

About what? If turnout statewide is at presidential levels, Jones has no pathway to victory.

About freaking out over turnout reports.

We're reaching peak atlas once again

It happens every damn time.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #503 on: December 12, 2017, 11:31:40 AM »

http://ace.mu.nu

82 votes? That's not going to happen, if it's Jones <10,000 the republicans will just fraud the vote, they did it in 2002.

Just like Minnesota and Washington Democrats.  

Whatever you need to tell yourself to feel better, dude

Cannot stand the truth.  Don’t understand that both Republicans and Democrat are sinners. You think you are a better person. You believe Democrats are near perfect and Republican are near evil devils.  Whatever.

I cannot win today, unless Moore wins, and a way can be found to force him into lying under oath, so he can be expelled.

Nobody is saying Democrats are perfect. What we are saying is democrats are doing a better job kicking out the people who have done sexual misconduct (Conyers & Franken) than republicans. There's a special place in hell for anyone who is a child predator, yet a bunch of these republicans are letting Moore in with open arms.

I've voted Republican for far less, yet somehow republicans can't find their way to supporting a reasonable, decent man over an insane predator who thinks christians are persecuted.

People like you are why 22% of self-identified millennial republicans have switched parties (I'm one of them). I'm really tired of the republicans being allowed to do whatever the hell they want and the base loyally sticking behind of them. This isn't my damn America and I won't stand for it, and you better listen to me as someone who is about to pay your Social Security & possibly Medicare checks.

This is not a thread for a discussion of this at this time.  I would like you to make a list in order substantiate your claim.  Then we also need to discuss the hypocrisy of the many Democrats who are now turning on the Clintons.  Please consider 33,000 e–mails gone a missing.  There are other things but all of these things are for another day.

I wish we could discuss this without the intervention of name calling interlopers. It is what it is.

swf541

« Reply #504 on: December 12, 2017, 11:31:53 AM »

Ugh, that's way too high. Maybe not for that precinct, but if it looks that way everywhere...#RIPJones.

About what? If turnout statewide is at presidential levels, Jones has no pathway to victory.

It happens every damn time.

Yep, it sure does
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #505 on: December 12, 2017, 11:35:07 AM »

Huntsville is certainly not a typical Alabama city.

Very true. Huntsville has a very large amount of college educated voters. The tech industry is also big in Huntsville.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #506 on: December 12, 2017, 11:35:40 AM »
« Edited: December 12, 2017, 11:38:35 AM by Fmr. Pres. Griff »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdWAhP8rYKA
cvparty
United States

« Reply #507 on: December 12, 2017, 11:35:45 AM »

it feels like november 8th again but idk who's trump this time around

moore's the miscreant but jones is the underdog
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #508 on: December 12, 2017, 11:36:30 AM »

Turnout doesn't matter if there's a particular mood in the electorate ...

A Democrat can defeat a Republican by 60-40 with 10% turnout, or with 90% turnout.

Or lose by the same margins with the same levels of turnout.

Uhhh, no: Democrats cannot win by 20 points in a federal contest in AL with 90% turnout, regardless of mood. Maybe with 10%, but even that's pushing the envelope of what's realistically possible.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #509 on: December 12, 2017, 11:39:45 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdWAhP8rYKA

A+
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #510 on: December 12, 2017, 11:40:50 AM »

Does anyone know if it will be possible to find the results of tonight's election broken down by congressional district?
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #511 on: December 12, 2017, 11:41:42 AM »

I just got home from voting with my grandparents. Hard to tell about turnout because of our small precinct but most polling places around here are very crowded.

I thought you weren't going to vote for anyone

This is what I said, "Me and my dad both supported Strange in the GOP primary and runoff. He says that he’s not voting this time." My dad isn't voting. I did

Did you write anyone in?

I voted for Jones
Atta boy
King Lear
Russian Federation

« Reply #512 on: December 12, 2017, 11:44:10 AM »

If Rapist Roy Moore is elected today (99% chance this happens) then I hope Al franken rescinds his resignation and remains in the senate. Evan if he's "guilty" of accidentally touching people's asses that's NOTHING in comparison to attempting to F*** a 14 year old girl and GILLIBRAND and company should Know this.
swf541

« Reply #513 on: December 12, 2017, 11:44:24 AM »

since were posting turnout reports

https://twitter.com/Eugene_Scott/status/940620368712294401
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #514 on: December 12, 2017, 11:45:41 AM »

@elsi_1915
Follow Follow @elsi_1915
More
Replying to @acvollers @misszoot
As of 1022, 643 people voted at United Methodist on Old Monrovia!
![/quote]

2982 votes in 2016 (51-40 Clinton).
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #515 on: December 12, 2017, 11:47:10 AM »

Don't read much into these anecdotal turnout bits, reminds me of how people were declaring Hillary the winner based off of high morning turnout in cities

Why go back so far? People were saying Northam landslide last month two hours after the polls opened based on turnout reports, then SW VA started to catch up and it started raining in NoVA and Northam was finished.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #516 on: December 12, 2017, 11:48:00 AM »

Why go back so far? People were saying Northam landslide last month two hours after the polls opened based on turnout reports, then SW VA started to catch up and it started raining in NoVA and Northam was finished.
Yeah, I'm just covering my ears and waiting for the actual results to start trickling in.
swf541

« Reply #517 on: December 12, 2017, 11:48:16 AM »

Yep, those were great times /s
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #518 on: December 12, 2017, 11:49:47 AM »

A Democrat can defeat a Republican by 60-40 with 10% turnout, or with 90% turnout.

Uhhh, no: Democrats cannot win by 20 points in a federal contest in AL with 90% turnout, regardless of mood. Maybe with 10%, but even that's pushing the envelope of what's realistically possible.

Apparently, you do not understand how elections work.

Of course Democrats can win in AL with 90% turnout. If the mood is there and if the Democrat is popular and the Republican not.
jman123
« Reply #519 on: December 12, 2017, 11:50:33 AM »

While looking through Instagram at people who posted they voted in Alabama I see a lot of people saying they voted with pro Jones hashtags. A lot of them are white. Take it with a grain of salt but I think Jones is making inroads among whites. My anecdote on this election
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #520 on: December 12, 2017, 11:54:35 AM »

While looking through Instagram at people who posted they voted in Alabama I see a lot of people saying they voted with pro Jones hashtags. A lot of them are white. Take it with a grain of salt but I think Jones is making inroads among whites. My anecdote on this election

Jones specifically asked supporters to do that, so it's probably a sign of that more than anything... but still good to know they're doing it.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #521 on: December 12, 2017, 11:57:20 AM »

Why does it seem like most twitter turnout reports by amateur reporters are from precincts that are more democratic? I feel like we get so many reports out of cities, but rarely are people on twitter at exurban and rural precincts
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #522 on: December 12, 2017, 11:57:24 AM »

Does anyone over 35 use Instagram other than Trump?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #523 on: December 12, 2017, 12:01:59 PM »

Does anyone over 35 use Instagram other than Trump?

Jeanine Pirro loves showing off to the world how hot she thinks she is on it.

That's rather disturbing...
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #524 on: December 12, 2017, 12:05:15 PM »

Apparently, you do not understand how elections work.

Of course Democrats can win in AL with 90% turnout. If the mood is there and if the Democrat is popular and the Republican not.

What is this, 1960? No segment of the American electorate at near maximum turnout is capable of swinging 40 points against its usual voting habits because there aren't enough people who are either a) capable of being turned out who aren't already voting and/or b) malleable enough to change their minds like that - and certainly not in the South. An election with 90% turnout is going to look more or less like an election with 60% turnout (at least when the baseline is a 40-point swing).

You could in theory have such an event happen with really low turnout, but that would only be because something made nearly all of the GOP stay home and a disproportionate share of Democrats turn out - which is not realistic at all. Generally, there isn't a monumental difference between the two parties' shares of the vote in low and high-turnout situations.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 72  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies