Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:54:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 72
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Roy Moore (R)

Doug Jones (D)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 189

Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread  (Read 125165 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #550 on: December 12, 2017, 01:10:02 PM »

Turnout reports don't always indicate which way an election is going, so let's not declare anyone done yet based on them. With that said, I have seen a couple of tweets that say that turnout in the rurals is low, but of course that is anecdotal.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #551 on: December 12, 2017, 01:10:37 PM »

My colleague who works at a tech company in Alabama just voted for Jones. All of her colleagues over there voted for Jones too.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #552 on: December 12, 2017, 01:10:51 PM »

Folks, cool it with the turnout reports. In the words of a great man from New Jersey, “It don’t matter. None of this matters.”
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #553 on: December 12, 2017, 01:12:03 PM »

Here's Griff's patented Election Day Hysteria Generator!

Have fun Smiley

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #554 on: December 12, 2017, 01:12:07 PM »

If Jones wins, his approval will automatically be ten points negative. Same for Moore. Neither will win reelection.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #555 on: December 12, 2017, 01:13:33 PM »

Some twitter reports of regular black voters surprisingly being put on inactive voter lists.
*sigh*
ursulahx
United Kingdom

« Reply #556 on: December 12, 2017, 01:13:46 PM »

Folks, cool it with the turnout reports. In the words of a great man from New Jersey, “It don’t matter. None of this matters.”
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #557 on: December 12, 2017, 01:13:52 PM »

If Jones wins, his approval will automatically be ten points negative. Same for Moore. Neither will win reelection.

Nope. Jones is gonna be in there forever
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #558 on: December 12, 2017, 01:14:36 PM »

early reports of extremely high turnout in Shelby county suggest massive win for JEB!
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #559 on: December 12, 2017, 01:15:08 PM »

I'm not so sure about that.

If Moore wins, I'd think he'd win again in 2020. He'd certainly beat any primary challenge and if he won this election, he could win the next one. On the other hand, if Jones wins, Moore will likely run again in 2020 and win the nomination. And Jones might win again, possibly creating a scenario where Moore sabotages every single Alabama senate race for the GOP for years to come.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #560 on: December 12, 2017, 01:15:22 PM »

Another reason to "discount turnout reports" is that this is a +30 R state. Even if dem turnout is way up and GOP turnout way down, there is still a huge whole to climb out out.

Imagine if a football team wins the second half 28-0....but went into halftime down 31-0.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #561 on: December 12, 2017, 01:15:46 PM »

Lol I wish. I don't see him winning re-election unless the GOP nominates someone like Moore again in 2020.
King Lear
Russian Federation

« Reply #562 on: December 12, 2017, 01:16:06 PM »

If Rapist Roy Moore is elected today (99% chance this happens) then I hope Al franken rescinds his resignation and remains in the senate. Evan if he's "guilty" of accidentally touching people's asses that's NOTHING in comparison to attempting to F*** a 14 year old girl and GILLIBRAND and company should Know this.

When you sound like Trump, you know you're wrong.

Seriously, that is written exactly like a Trump tweet.

Why can't the democrats learn how to play hardball "You elect a rapist, we keep are wrongly accused senators" However gillibrand is going to run us over the cliff into oblivion with her self-promoting culture wars instead of a real Left-wing Economic platform as promoted by Sanders and Warren.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #563 on: December 12, 2017, 01:21:27 PM »

Another reason to "discount turnout reports" is that this is a +30 R state. Even if dem turnout is way up and GOP turnout way down, there is still a huge whole to climb out out.

The electorate in this special election isn't going to be nearly as R-friendly as the one that turned out in 2016, but then again you probably knew this already.

I'm not paying any attention to "turnout reports", especially after what happened last year and last month.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #564 on: December 12, 2017, 01:22:01 PM »

If Rapist Roy Moore is elected today (99% chance this happens) then I hope Al franken rescinds his resignation and remains in the senate. Evan if he's "guilty" of accidentally touching people's asses that's NOTHING in comparison to attempting to F*** a 14 year old girl and GILLIBRAND and company should Know this.

Why can't the democrats learn how to play hardballbe immoral "You elect a rapist, we keep are wrongly accused senatorscredibly accused serial harasser and groper" However gillibrand is going to run us over the cliff into oblivion with her self-promoting culture wars instead of a real Left-wing Economic platformthrowing away CO, VA, and FL as promoted by Sanders and Warren.

There. Fixed it.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #565 on: December 12, 2017, 01:22:29 PM »

Lol I wish. I don't see him winning re-election unless the GOP nominates someone like Moore again in 2020.

Alabama youth vote is very Democratic. By 2020, they will be the majority of Alabama voters and begin to cancel out the older Molestin' Moore cohort of voters
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #566 on: December 12, 2017, 01:29:45 PM »

Why can't the democrats learn how to play hardballbe immoral "You elect a rapist, we keep are wrongly accused senatorscredibly accused serial harasser and groper" However gillibrand is going to run us over the cliff into oblivion with her self-promoting culture wars instead of a real Left-wing Economic platformthrowing away CO, VA, and FL as promoted by Sanders and Warren.

There. Fixed it.

Why are you saying that a left-wing platform would throw away Colorado, Virginia, and Florida.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #567 on: December 12, 2017, 01:30:23 PM »

Why can't the democrats learn how to play hardball "You elect a rapist, we keep are wrongly accused senators"

Dumping Franken *is* hardball.  They're dumping a Senator from their own party because he became a political liability.  Keeping a Senator even though he's a liability would mean going soft.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #568 on: December 12, 2017, 01:31:25 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #569 on: December 12, 2017, 01:32:48 PM »

There. Fixed it.

Why are you saying that a left-wing platform would throw away Colorado, Virginia, and Florida.

I think that those states won't vote for a sandersite...

But I'd rather not go off on a tangent about this.
King Lear
Russian Federation

« Reply #570 on: December 12, 2017, 01:33:07 PM »
« Edited: December 12, 2017, 01:40:03 PM by King Lear »

There. Fixed it.
Warren will hold Colorado and Virginia, and Florida isn't voting for any democrats including gillibrand, obamas wins in Florida were total flukes driven by unusually high black turnout. Democrats usually win Florida only "once in a blue moon" due to conservative Cubans, disenfranchised black people, and massive amounts of retired affluent white voters (The GOP base).
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #571 on: December 12, 2017, 01:33:34 PM »

People will vote after work. Expect turnout to increase across the board after 4 and 5 PM EST. Polls close at 7.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #572 on: December 12, 2017, 01:34:27 PM »

I just got home from voting with my grandparents. Hard to tell about turnout because of our small precinct but most polling places around here are very crowded.

I thought you weren't going to vote for anyone

This is what I said, "Me and my dad both supported Strange in the GOP primary and runoff. He says that he’s not voting this time." My dad isn't voting. I did

Did you write anyone in?

I voted for Jones

FF
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #573 on: December 12, 2017, 01:38:28 PM »

High thrnout in Montgomery county is good for Jones?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #574 on: December 12, 2017, 01:40:11 PM »

I want to know how the heavily Republican counties are on turnout.

Especially rural ones.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 72  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies