Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:01:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Roy Moore (R)

Doug Jones (D)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 189

Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread  (Read 127773 times)
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« on: December 08, 2017, 10:33:27 PM »

There is a huge difference between both parties. I doubt if a Democrat could get away with what Moore is accused of in any state, even in Vermont.

The evangelical church believes it is under full scale attack by the left.  They are feeling minority status.  They are voting like minorities generally do.

I go to weekly Bible study where I am probably the most liberal person in the group.

When I came to this area in 1977 I was about the only Republican around.

I tell you one thing, it's hard for me to actually have feelings for them.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 11:42:22 AM »

If I were an Alabama republican, I would write-in Strange. No vote for the (likely) pedo, and no vote for a Democrat. Problem solved.

Possibly, the Alabama Republican voters are probably smarter than given credit for (although that may not say much). Maybe they think that if too many of them write another candidate in, they'll act as major spoilers and that will cause Jones, a f[inks]ing Democrat, to ultimately come out victorious.  Just a thought. Tongue
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 10:52:21 PM »

A speaker at the Moore rally just admitted to visiting a sex club filled with underage girls with Moore in tow. We are so beyond parody at this point.

I want to believe that enough Alabamians will see how ridiculous this sh!t is, but I can't until I see it.

Gianforte body slamming a reporter in Montana days before the election up there didn't impact that election and White Alabamians are taking Moore's alleged pedophilia even better than Montanans took the body slam, so I doubt it would have any effect.

That was one day before election day and btw, most of the ballots were already turned in before that incident.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 08:11:06 AM »

Anybody on Twitter reporting turnout? Yes it's early, but still. I'm quite anxious about all of this actually.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 08:08:18 PM »

Doug Jones
Dem.
74.1%

Roy Moore
Rep.

Total Write-Ins

(from NYT)