Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:01:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Roy Moore (R)

Doug Jones (D)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 189

Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread  (Read 125948 times)
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: December 12, 2017, 08:54:46 PM »

If I lived in Alabama, my vote wouldve gone to Peter Griffin of Quahog.

Wonder when we're gonna get an election between a necrophile and a bestiality enthusiast the way our choices keep getting worse and worse
Bullsh**t. How is a moderate democrat with a distinguished career as a federal prosecutor in any way 'just as bad' as racist, homophobic paedophile who's been kicked off the state supreme court twice?

If anything the correct analogy is a Republican who is both a necrophile and beastiality enthusiast, against a normal Democrat who Fox News would tel us was obviously way worse, despite the Republican having some "personal flaws".
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 10:40:45 PM »

Can we get Bannon to nominate some more retards for us....I'm looking at Dems winning Wyoming in 2018 too

Bannon must be a cuck who loves losing.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 10:44:25 PM »

I never bought into this whole "muh inelasticity/polarization" nonsense, especially considering that this was a special election.

Also, like I said before, it's not a surprise that the same people who wrote off Jones before today are already declaring him DOA in 2020. Big mistake, but whatever.

Well, I don't think anyone had any reason to be super confident either way. This was obviously going to be very close.

He's going to have a hard time in 2020 unless the GOP nominates another psycho (or Moore again, LOL) although he'll at least get some incumbency advantage and do better than the average Dem in Alabama.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 11:08:15 PM »

Their heads are probably spinning
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 11:10:58 PM »

Based on tonight's result, I am going to make the following rating change:

MISSOURI SENATE:

OLD RATING: LIKELY R
NEW RATING: LEAN R

Don't really know what this election has to do with any other ones, other than lowering the threshold for the Dems to retake the Senate due to Republicans throwing away what should have been the safest of safe seats. Fortunately I doubt they're going to nominate pedophiles/slavery apologists across the board in 2018.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 11:33:36 PM »

Some people are saying Black turnout was a huge part in Moore losing. Does he win if he doesn't make that stupid slavery comment?

This was a lose-lose situation for Trump. Jones winning was just a slightly better outcome. Don't get me wrong, Trump is NOT happy about this. He pulled HARD for Moore and he lost.

The fact that he endorsed Moore at all after the child molestation allegations came out is an embarrassment/political disaster for Trump. Whether Moore won or lost had nothing to do with it.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 11:36:18 PM »

Moore camp calling for recount. Think the military vote will put them over lmfao! Jones is leading by 19K

Unless the military has an unusual love for pedophiles or an unusual hatred for amendments 11-27 I don't think that's going to work out for him.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 11:45:18 PM »

As happy as I am I can't shake the fact that half of the state voted for a man who had considerable evidence showing that he was predatory against underage women all because he had an R next to his name.

Yeah, this is just a minimum threshold good thing but still a positive result.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies