It's Alive!!!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:24:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  It's Alive!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: It's Alive!!!  (Read 2816 times)
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 03, 2005, 01:28:21 AM »

HAHAHAHA!!!! My 'Joe Hoeffel For Lt. Governor' Site is here!!! Sure it needs a crap load of work, but i have most of the site planned out. Its just gonna take some time. feel free to give suggestions for the site. They would be much appreciated! Smiley

http://liberalpa.tripod.com/
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 01:29:57 AM »

Correct spelling, capitalization, punctuation, and an elimination of your attempt at a smiley would be a good start.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2005, 01:49:26 AM »

Correct spelling, capitalization, punctuation, and an elimination of your attempt at a smiley would be a good start.
you could have just said grammar Tongue Smiley
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2005, 10:47:20 AM »

I would love to see Joe run for either Governor or Lt. Governor in 2006
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2005, 04:22:50 PM »

He couldn't beat Rendell in a primary.  You need to be Taft-unpopular to be an incumbent and defeated in a primary.

Hoeffel's best bet for a statewide office is Lt. Gov right now, and even if he does that, there's no guarantee Rendell wins (I think he will but it will be close).  And Hoeffel would have to get through a primary, too.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2005, 01:04:15 PM »

He couldn't beat Rendell in a primary.  You need to be Taft-unpopular to be an incumbent and defeated in a primary.

Hoeffel's best bet for a statewide office is Lt. Gov right now, and even if he does that, there's no guarantee Rendell wins (I think he will but it will be close).  And Hoeffel would have to get through a primary, too.

Yeah Hafer will probably run for Lt. Gov. and will probably get the endorsement of Rendell.  Hoeffel's best bet at this point is to run for Senate in 2010 if Specter retires, though I'd love to see him challenge Rendell in the primary.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2005, 01:51:15 PM »

Yeah Hafer will probably run for Lt. Gov. and will probably get the endorsement of Rendell.  Hoeffel's best bet at this point is to run for Senate in 2010 if Specter retires, though I'd love to see him challenge Rendell in the primary.

2010??!??!?!  That's kind of a long time to be out of the public spotlight.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2005, 03:08:14 PM »

2010??!??!?!  That's kind of a long time to be out of the public spotlight.

Well of course Hoeffel and Friends will keep his name recognition going lol.  Well outside of a cabinet post there's not much he could run for.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2005, 11:29:57 PM »

Craptacular.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2005, 11:35:12 PM »

It's pretty sad that Hoeffel might be that desperate to get back in the game by going from a sitting member of the U.S. House to the Lt. Governorship.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2005, 11:42:02 PM »

Yay! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2005, 10:31:24 AM »

Politics1.com now has Joe Hoeffel as a potential candidate for Lt. Governor. This might be the first step for you guys.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2005, 11:32:52 AM »

Anybody But Knoll Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2005, 12:50:33 PM »

You guys can't catch a break though. If she gets knocked out in the primary, you'll have even more problems out west. Believe it or not, she does have a group of supporters out there. A Rendell/Hoeffel ticket will basically be spitting in the faces of western Dems.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2005, 02:58:54 PM »

You guys can't catch a break though. If she gets knocked out in the primary, you'll have even more problems out west. Believe it or not, she does have a group of supporters out there. A Rendell/Hoeffel ticket will basically be spitting in the faces of western Dems.
Exactly. Everybody out here loves Knoll because a Republican from Philly says they do. Roll Eyes
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2005, 03:37:12 PM »

Exactly. Everybody out here loves Knoll because a Republican from Philly says they do. Roll Eyes

Why is it that because I am across the state my knowledge of the rest doesn't matter? I don't see you doing that when Flyers or someone outside of the state makes some assinine remark about western PA. In fact, when Flyers calls it the "boondocks" you don't even defend your area yet you want to talk down to me because I know something yet happen to live across the state?

I never said everybody loves her either. I said she had a following.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2005, 03:58:16 PM »

Why is it that because I am across the state my knowledge of the rest doesn't matter? I don't see you doing that when Flyers or someone outside of the state makes some assinine remark about western PA. In fact, when Flyers calls it the "boondocks" you don't even defend your area yet you want to talk down to me because I know something yet happen to live across the state?

I never said everybody loves her either. I said she had a following.
1. Quote Flyers. I shall give him a scolding if he really did say it.

2. Charles Manson had a following too. Knoll has a following in many parts of the state, as do most politicians.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2005, 04:11:12 PM »

2. Charles Manson had a following too. Knoll has a following in many parts of the state, as do most politicians.

1. I'll get working on that.

2. Knoll does not have a following outside of western Pennsylvania. I can almost guarentee she doesn't. But if she did, that even proves my point better than before. You drop her and you take a hit. Joe Hoeffel can't help you rebound.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2005, 04:26:59 PM »

2. Knoll does not have a following outside of western Pennsylvania. I can almost guarentee she doesn't. But if she did, that even proves my point better than before. You drop her and you take a hit. Joe Hoeffel can't help you rebound.

But Hoeffel has a base with both the Unions in Pittsburgh and the Liberals in Philadelphia. That's more important than Knoll's few supporters around the Allegheny-Westmoreland border.
danwxman

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2005, 04:27:22 PM »

Screw Hoeffel.

DAN ONORATO.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2005, 04:29:57 PM »

Yeah, an unpopular Alleghenite replacing another. Roll Eyes
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2005, 04:33:11 PM »

But Hoeffel has a base with both the Unions in Pittsburgh and the Liberals in Philadelphia. That's more important than Knoll's few supporters around the Allegheny-Westmoreland border.

That doesn't bring anything to the ticket. Rendell will win those voters anyway.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2005, 04:37:15 PM »

That doesn't bring anything to the ticket. Rendell will win those voters anyway.
And Hoeffel will get them out to vote.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2005, 04:41:47 PM »

And Hoeffel will get them out to vote.

Rendell gets them out to vote, not Hoeffel. If you have to rely on Joe Hoeffel to GOTV, you're in serious trouble.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2005, 04:58:26 PM »

1. I'll get working on that.

I can't see to find it and have spent the past fifteen minutes trying to find his post. Ask Super, though. He has been accused of being from the "boondocks" many times. Flyers has said many times that aside from Philly and Pittsburgh, the rest of the state is useless.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies