NRSC Refuses to endorse Roy Moore
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:55:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NRSC Refuses to endorse Roy Moore
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: NRSC Refuses to endorse Roy Moore  (Read 1334 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 08, 2017, 11:50:40 PM »

http://www.weeklystandard.com/cory-gardner-the-nrsc-will-never-endorse-roy-moore/article/2010758

Good on the NSRC , and thank god they still have principles. Roy Moore is evil and should never be a senator no matter what.

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 11:55:14 PM »

Color me surprised at both this statement and your position.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 11:58:24 PM »

RNC gave rapin' Roy $170K

The GOP is a bunch of phonies trying to play both sides.

Never trust the Republicans
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 11:58:51 PM »

Gardner is being surprisingly resilient on this. Good on him.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 12:01:27 AM »

Gardner is being surprisingly resilient on this. Good on him.

It's all for show. They're trying to appear like they are against him while simultaneously sending him money.

Remember Jason Chafass saying he couldn't look his daughter in the eye and vote for Trump. What a joke

Dems gotta stop being nice. Trust no Republican politician. Period
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2017, 12:20:28 AM »

Dude the President of the United States just held a rally for a child molester. Stop acting like your party has any credibility whatsoever on morality. The NRSC is just maintaining this position just because Trump is covering for them.

Trump isnt an establishment Republican , and the RNC is the president's puppet. The Establishment still represents the GOP more than the Trump win do and thats a good thing.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2017, 12:25:11 AM »

Dude the President of the United States just held a rally for a child molester. Stop acting like your party has any credibility whatsoever on morality. The NRSC is just maintaining this position just because Trump is covering for them.

Trump isnt an establishment Republican , and the RNC is the president's puppet. The Establishment still represents the GOP more than the Trump win do and thats a good thing.

Yes. The President is not establishment. Oh my God I get stupider on Atlas.

No Paul Ryan is Establishment, and the politicians supported by top GOP congressional leaders and GOP donors during the the primaries are the Establishment.

Bernie Sanders wouldnt be part of the establishment either if he won and neither is Trump.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2017, 12:27:49 AM »

Trump is most certainly not part of the "establishment faction" of the party. You cannot deny that there is a faction of the GOP which is disgusted with Trump/Moore. Gardner refusing to fund Moore is a good thing, and when people, even people we don't like, do good things, they deserve acknowledgement.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2017, 07:10:21 AM »

Good for the NRSC. Hopefully Gardner sticks to his word and pushes for Moore to be expelled
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2017, 08:10:53 AM »
« Edited: December 09, 2017, 08:15:21 AM by RIP Gruppenführer Bronevoy »

An empty gesture just like when Ryan "unendorsed" Trump in the last months of campaign. They still rather have a child molester in the Senate, as long as he's a Republican. Moore is going to win due to party identity. Ivey's stance ("I don't disbelief the accusers, but I'll vote Republican anyway") doesn't need further elaboration.

In 1990 Republicans not only disowned David Duke when he advanced to the runoff as a "Republican". They actually worked to prevent his election. Here we just have a "well, we're just looking elsewhere" case.
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2017, 09:44:08 AM »

I would not advocate Moore's expulsion (assuming he's elected), based on unproven allegations.  It's a situation that will resolve itself in 2020; I'd be confident of that.

I don't think people have fully thought through the consequences of expelling Moore after the electorate chooses him to fill a vacancy.  Where would this stop?  And is the Senate going to drop everything to "investigate" Roy Moore? 

Allowing the electorate to handle this situation, now, and in 2020, would be a big step toward becoming a serious nation again.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2017, 10:04:42 AM »

I would not advocate Moore's expulsion (assuming he's elected), based on unproven allegations.  It's a situation that will resolve itself in 2020; I'd be confident of that.

I don't think people have fully thought through the consequences of expelling Moore after the electorate chooses him to fill a vacancy.  Where would this stop?  And is the Senate going to drop everything to "investigate" Roy Moore? 

Allowing the electorate to handle this situation, now, and in 2020, would be a big step toward becoming a serious nation again.

Please just stop.

We get it.  You support a child predator simply on the fact he is not a Democrat.  Which is weird, because you also claim to possess Christian values but whatever.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2017, 01:44:08 PM »

Good for the NRSC. Hopefully Gardner sticks to his word and pushes for Moore to be expelled
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2017, 02:42:44 PM »

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2017, 03:42:48 PM »

An empty gesture just like when Ryan "unendorsed" Trump in the last months of campaign. They still rather have a child molester in the Senate, as long as he's a Republican. Moore is going to win due to party identity. Ivey's stance ("I don't disbelief the accusers, but I'll vote Republican anyway") doesn't need further elaboration.

In 1990 Republicans not only disowned David Duke when he advanced to the runoff as a "Republican". They actually worked to prevent his election. Here we just have a "well, we're just looking elsewhere" case.

If David Duke ran today, he'd have the full GOP behind him.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2017, 03:44:10 PM »

no he wouldnt

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2017, 03:44:25 PM »

He ran for Senate last year, remember?? And he didn't.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2017, 03:49:52 PM »

We never saw what would happen if the only choice was between Duke and a Democrat though. He'd probably lose narrowly, since Louisiana isn't as deplorable as Alabama.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2017, 03:52:10 PM »

He wasn't the GOP nominee. You know what I meant.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2017, 04:08:16 PM »

Gardner would be even more DOA in Colorado if he caved on this one.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2017, 04:09:42 PM »

We never saw what would happen if the only choice was between Duke and a Democrat though. He'd probably lose narrowly, since Louisiana isn't as deplorable as Alabama.

Yeah. It's easy to say they wouldn't in a situation where a scary Democrat isn't his only oponent.
No prominent Republican is going to endorse an actual neo-Nazi.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2017, 04:20:24 PM »

Yeah. It's easy to say they wouldn't in a situation where a scary Democrat isn't his only oponent.

People were saying that about the President and a child molester I'm sure. But everyone wants to keep giving the modern GOP the benefit of the doubt for some reason.

Before 2016, I would say the GOP wouldn’t back such a candidate.

After 2016, I’m certain they would.

They are the party of good morals and good values no longer. They absolutely would hand over their full support to a Neo-Nazi candidate if the contest was between him/her and a Democrat.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2017, 04:20:52 PM »

Seriously.

Trump is the face of the GOP. Every president becomes the defacto head the party once elected. Establishment R's want to have it both ways, they want DT to sign their bills, but they want to act like he is a separate entity from them.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2017, 04:21:31 PM »

People were saying that about the President and a child molester I'm sure. But everyone wants to keep giving the modern GOP the benefit of the doubt for some reason.

Which senators have endorsed Moore.

HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2017, 07:32:10 PM »

No Paul Ryan is Establishment, and the politicians supported by top GOP congressional leaders and GOP donors during the the primaries are the Establishment.

Bernie Sanders wouldnt be part of the establishment either if he won and neither is Trump.

There needs to be a "like" button on here real bad
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies