Voter intelligence (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:44:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Voter intelligence (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Voter intelligence  (Read 20710 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« on: May 01, 2004, 05:34:54 PM »
« edited: May 01, 2004, 05:36:11 PM by Lunar »

Just another pathetic attempt by those on the left to smash the right. I'm sure all 15 million of Floridas residents took a IQ test and they got an average that way. This is mostly hogwash.

Technically they don't have to.  That's why I can take a poll of 2,000 Floridians and get a rough outlook of the state's opinion.

This does not mean only stupid people vote for Gore.   It seems to have much more with income and education that actual intelligence.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2004, 07:06:10 PM »

Oh.  I've taken Statistics and seen hundreds of cases where they work.  The only time they don't is when they're done wrong.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2004, 07:09:28 PM »

However, you can see that this one corresponds directly with average income level which isn't a poll but an actual census.  It's unlikely that the reality is reversed and Utah actually scores better on intelligence tests that are more of a measure of education than Connecticut.

What you shouldn't put faith in is how accurate these tests are and if they measure what they claim to (which they don't).
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2004, 07:12:24 PM »

That quickie IQ test has always seemed horribly done to me.  Testing things like vocabulary and math.  I do well on it but there are far better ones.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies