Voter intelligence (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:25:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Voter intelligence (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Voter intelligence  (Read 20672 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« on: May 01, 2004, 11:04:51 AM »

Some things to remember:

1) IQ is not a reliable measure of intelligence. It is, however, an excellent measure of education.
2) The Poorest and least educated counties tend to be Democrat. State level is too wide.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2004, 12:28:10 PM »

Some things to remember:

1) IQ is not a reliable measure of intelligence. It is, however, an excellent measure of education.
2) The Poorest and least educated counties tend to be Democrat. State level is too wide.

Thats true. The most educated & least educated tend to be Democrat. The middle tends to be Republican.

True. If ya think about it, Dem strongholds are either deprived inner cities, poor rural areas (this is especially true of the Deep South) or college-ish.
GOP strongholds tend to be more affluent rural areas and exurbia...
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2004, 03:37:02 PM »

Some things to remember:

A lot of the poorest and/or least-educated counties/congressional districts are majority-minority and therefore strongly Democratic. But once race is controlled for, better-educated voters are more Democratic.

When I get a chance, I'll make a table of the 10 least educated congressional districts--my guess is that most of these went to Bush.

They are often M-M *in theory*... in practice they often aren't... luckily for the Dems the dog-poor Yella' Dawg's who make up the bulk of the white population in those districts also vote Democrat...

Education has less to do with voting patterns than educated people sometimes like to think...
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2004, 09:43:29 AM »

Indeed.  The 115 I got was for this Fox TV show... for age they had an option of 20 or lower, and I know that IQ tests weight for age, so that was crazy...

However, Leos were the smartest astrological sign!  Woohoo!

*cough*

Ah, the Fox one was probably weighted for all those Mississippi Republicans. Cheesy Wink

Dixiecrats. Not Republicans. Geddit right Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies