Who is the REAL Bernie Sanders?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:23:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Who is the REAL Bernie Sanders?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Who is the REAL Bernie Sanders?  (Read 3284 times)
James Monroe

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 10, 2017, 09:27:06 PM »

A insightful twitter thread from our brightest political contributor in America.  Hope the DNC does everything to prevent this senile lunatic from becoming our nominee.

https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/939867982158876673
King Lear
Russian Federation

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 10:12:16 PM »

Though I support all of Bernie's political views, I do have some problems with his tactics, especially his unwarranted prolonging of the primary along with his inability to effectively support Hillary Clinton during the general election. However this twitter feed you posted goes way over the top and is effectively a cheap hit piece promoted by people that can't win elections and finally why attack someone on some essay written back in the 1970s a time were open discussion of sexuality was important to move society in a more progressive direction. One of my favorite works of literature written in this period (One flew over the Cuckoos nest) Has some very sexually explicit scenes that would be frowned on by both liberals and conservatives today.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 10:17:21 PM »

Come on over to our side....

America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 10:26:37 PM »

>Friends who are minorities
😂
Former Kentuckian
Cal

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 10:33:55 PM »
« Edited: December 10, 2017, 11:21:50 PM by Cal »

That Twitter thread isn't helpful to anyone. Hillary will not be running in 2020, and I honestly highly doubt Bernie will (I think he'll keep people in the dark about his intentions, but ultimately decide against running). That thread wrongly claims Bernie is "hijacking" the party through reforms, but ignores the fact that Hillary got to appoint the most people to the Unity Commission and they all agreed on the reforms (Hillary appointed 9, Bernie 7, and Tom Perez 3, plus a chair and vice chair chosen by Hillary and Bernie, and they all had to come to a consensus). Her own VP nominee, Sen. Tim Kaine, has been openly advocating against superdelegates. These reforms will make the 2020 presidential primary more fair, open, and transparent for the nominee. And that nominee will not be Hillary or Bernie, so that thread was just spiteful for no reason.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 01:28:43 AM »

I dislike Sanders but Peter Daou is not mentally sound. I can’t take him seriously.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 01:56:01 AM »

I dislike Sanders but Peter Daou is not mentally sound. I can’t take him seriously.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 02:18:59 AM »

Daou is a raving bloody lunatic.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2017, 02:20:16 AM »

While I agree 100% that Sanders and particularly his cult cost us the 2016 election and gave us President Trump, I really wish we could learn from that going forward rather than trying to unfairly demonize Sanders' record. The Berniecrats are well within their rights pushing for their candidate in 2020, and they should do so. I just wish that we learn from 2016 that you can't go around insinuating that your competent opponents are currupt and that the system is rigged particularly against you and for your opponent. That is super destructive.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2017, 02:27:36 AM »

I have no idea why so many of y'all seem to think that Clinton deserves to be treated with kid gloves or something? That's not how politics works.

LOL, are you kidding us? It's the Bernie bros who start frothing from the mouth everytime someone criticizes Sanders and start calling him/her a tool for the establishment and a corporate shill.   
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2017, 02:37:25 AM »

While I agree 100% that Sanders and particularly his cult cost us the 2016 election and gave us President Trump, I really wish we could learn from that going forward rather than trying to unfairly demonize Sanders' record. The Berniecrats are well within their rights pushing for their candidate in 2020, and they should do so. I just wish that we learn from 2016 that you can't go around insinuating that your competent opponents are currupt and that the system is rigged particularly against you and for your opponent. That is super destructive.

Clinton brought on the accusations of corruption herself by visibly giving paid speeches to Goldman Sachs just years before running for President. I have no idea why so many of y'all seem to think that Clinton deserves to be treated with kid gloves or something? That's not how politics works.

Anyway, Chairman Daou is fabulous as usual.
Giving a speech for money isn't a problem. Goldman wanted to hear from her, so why wouldn't she accept--anyone would. I guarantee if the speech was for any other group except this scapegoated corporation, nobody would have cared.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2017, 02:39:33 AM »

FTR, Daou can be pretty excitable but I don't see why mentioning Bernie's record is objectionable.
If Sanders and his minions think his record is embarrassing then perhaps he should have thought about it before voting.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2017, 02:46:09 AM »

Clinton brought on the accusations of corruption herself by visibly giving paid speeches to Goldman Sachs just years before running for President. I have no idea why so many of y'all seem to think that Clinton deserves to be treated with kid gloves or something? That's not how politics works.

Hi, giving paid speeches to corporations is nowhere near corrupt and doesn't even fit the definition for corruption. Try again.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2017, 03:43:29 AM »

Hi, giving paid speeches to corporations is nowhere near corrupt and doesn't even fit the definition for corruption. Try again.

"Hi" there to you too! Smiley

I don't believe I claimed that giving paid speeches to Goldman Sachs constitutes "formal corruption" (which I think is a hilariously petty charge to begin with - I see no moral distinction between what legally constitutes the act of bribing and, say, corporate lobbying, etc.)

I will say, though, that perception is everything in politics. Fraternizing with some the most odious and untrustworthy segments of the capitalist class will obviously lead to one being given the moniker of "corrupt", fair or not.

I guess this is the part where I invite you to "[t]ry again"...?
I think if Clinton is guilty of anything, it s not curruption, but for thinking that the nomination would be in the bag and that she had to appeal to the economic elite to beat the republican opponent - whom she at that point probably assumed would be someone like Jeb, Rubio, Christie or Walker. Infact, I don't think her thinking that was even wrong, as she was never in any real danger of not getting the nomination. What she didn't foresee was the hostility from the left whose support she took for granted.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2017, 08:42:02 AM »

Giving a speech for money isn't a problem. Goldman wanted to hear from her, so why wouldn't she accept--anyone would. I guarantee if the speech was for any other group except this scapegoated corporation, nobody would have cared.

Manhattan DA Cyrus Vance just wanted "to hear" from Harvey Weinstein to get those pesky rape charges dropped.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2017, 12:31:12 PM »

But being a literal Goldman Sachs executive for decades is totally fine, as long as you're a white male. Roll Eyes
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2017, 12:40:20 PM »

Guys, I think I found the real Bernie Sanders!

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2017, 12:41:36 PM »

But being a literal Goldman Sachs executive for decades is totally fine, as long as you're a white male. Roll Eyes

Huh

Where was all the angst against Phil Murphy? If anything, it was orgasming over what a "bold progressive" he was, lol.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2017, 12:46:05 PM »

Come on, let's not pretend that "speaking fees" are anything but a form of legal bribery. There is no explicit quid pro quo, but Hillary could not have commanded such high speaking fees if it weren't for her level of influence.
GoldenMainer
Rookie

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2017, 02:17:56 PM »

Here's the REAL Bernie Sanders! Case closed.

But seriously, I'm glad we have perennial loser Peter Daou to educate us on who Bernie is.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2017, 05:55:46 PM »

Huh

Where was all the angst against Phil Murphy? If anything, it was orgasming over what a "bold progressive" he was, lol.

I mean...

Fair enough, but I meant in general, not you in particular.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2017, 05:58:21 PM »

Such a ridiculous hit piece.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2017, 06:04:08 PM »

Yeah, how dare some people remind us how Bernie actually voted as a congressman.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2017, 06:06:42 PM »

Yeah, how dare some people remind us how Bernie actually voted as a congressman.

No, it's ridiculous to have attacks like this:

1.He voted for the Clinton crime bill
2. He voted against the Brady bill

He voted against all the bad parts of the Clinton crime bill in amendments, where the Clintons were of course on the winning side. And if he had voted nay, that 2nd attack would also include that he voted against the assault weapons ban. But, he voted for it in rural Vermont. And of any representative, senator, or governor from the last 25 years in Vermont, Bernie has the lowest NRA rating.

Those were the first 2 attacks. No need to read any more of Peter Douche's garbage.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2017, 06:10:33 PM »

No, it's ridiculous to have attacks like this:

1.He voted for the Clinton crime bill
2. He voted against the Brady bill

He voted against all the bad parts of the Clinton crime bill in amendments, where the Clintons were of course on the winning side. And if he had voted nay, that 2nd attack would also include that he voted against the assault weapons ban. But, he voted for it in rural Vermont. And of any representative, senator, or governor from the last 25 years in Vermont, Bernie has the lowest NRA rating.

Those were the first 2 attacks. No need to read any more of Peter Douche's garbage.

I see. Now tell us how Hillary, who wasn't actually in congress that time, is responsible for the bill that Bernie voted.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies