Who is the REAL Bernie Sanders?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:08:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Who is the REAL Bernie Sanders?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Who is the REAL Bernie Sanders?  (Read 3282 times)
Former Kentuckian
Cal

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2017, 08:06:38 PM »

Yeah, how dare some people remind us how Bernie actually voted as a congressman.

No, it's ridiculous to have attacks like this:

1.He voted for the Clinton crime bill
2. He voted against the Brady bill

He voted against all the bad parts of the Clinton crime bill in amendments, where the Clintons were of course on the winning side. And if he had voted nay, that 2nd attack would also include that he voted against the assault weapons ban. But, he voted for it in rural Vermont. And of any representative, senator, or governor from the last 25 years in Vermont, Bernie has the lowest NRA rating.

Those were the first 2 attacks. No need to read any more of Peter Douche's garbage.

I see. Now tell us how Hillary, who wasn't actually in congress that time, is responsible for the bill that Bernie voted.

Hillary was a public advocate for Bill's crime law, and both the bill and her support of it are still controversial (her support of the bill including her infamous "super-predator" remark): http://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-us-canada-36020717

Moral of the story is, whether you're a Bernie or Hillary fan, people make choices they regret, and that includes politicians.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2017, 08:24:06 PM »

Hillary was a public advocate for Bill's crime law, and both the bill and her support of it are still controversial (her support of the bill including her infamous "super-predator" remark): http://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-us-canada-36020717

Moral of the story is, whether you're a Bernie or Hillary fan, people make choices they regret, and that includes politicians.

Bernie voted for that bill. He has no right to attack the Clintons for a bill he voted, unless of course he admits first that he was so feeble-minded that the "evil" Clintons tricked him into voting for something he didn't agree with.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2017, 10:49:04 PM »

Someone who should stay very far away from the Oval Office.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2017, 10:49:27 PM »

Bernie voted for that bill. He has no right to attack the Clintons for a bill he voted, unless of course he admits first that he was so feeble-minded that the "evil" Clintons tricked him into voting for something he didn't agree with.

If Bernie had voted no, you'd be attacking him for being a sexist NRA stooge who voted against the assault weapons ban and the violence against women act.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2017, 11:07:30 PM »

This is borderline self paradoy

I have a hard time believing this guy isn't trolling
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2017, 11:28:13 PM »

Sure, we're the condescending ones. He's been patronising Sanders supporters for a while now.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2017, 11:46:00 PM »

I find it hard to take seriously someone who is outraged at the idea that Planned Parenthood is the establishment in the context of a Democratic primary.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2017, 12:59:19 AM »

While I agree 100% that Sanders and particularly his cult cost us the 2016 election and gave us President Trump, I really wish we could learn from that going forward rather than trying to unfairly demonize Sanders' record. The Berniecrats are well within their rights pushing for their candidate in 2020, and they should do so. I just wish that we learn from 2016 that you can't go around insinuating that your competent opponents are currupt and that the system is rigged particularly against you and for your opponent. That is super destructive.

Clinton brought on the accusations of corruption herself by visibly giving paid speeches to Goldman Sachs just years before running for President. I have no idea why so many of y'all seem to think that Clinton deserves to be treated with kid gloves or something? That's not how politics works.

Anyway, Chairman Daou is fabulous as usual.
Giving a speech for money isn't a problem. Goldman wanted to hear from her, so why wouldn't she accept--anyone would. I guarantee if the speech was for any other group except this scapegoated corporation, nobody would have cared.

Should that image mean something to me?
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2017, 02:22:44 AM »

I've literally never heard of this dude before. who is he?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2017, 02:31:34 AM »

If Bernie had voted no, you'd be attacking him for being a sexist NRA stooge who voted against the assault weapons ban and the violence against women act.

You literally have no idea what you're talking about. Hasn't the Bernie campaign given you talking points in case someone mentioned what I did?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2017, 02:37:29 AM »

You mean like he was trolling when he accused Halperin, Lauer, Thrush, and other white male journalists of sexism and misogyny because of their extremely slanted coverage of Clinton.
I mean, who would believe that besides a Hillary hack. Amirite?
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2017, 05:43:57 AM »

Yeah, how dare some people remind us how Bernie actually voted as a congressman.

No, it's ridiculous to have attacks like this:

1.He voted for the Clinton crime bill
2. He voted against the Brady bill

He voted against all the bad parts of the Clinton crime bill in amendments, where the Clintons were of course on the winning side. And if he had voted nay, that 2nd attack would also include that he voted against the assault weapons ban. But, he voted for it in rural Vermont. And of any representative, senator, or governor from the last 25 years in Vermont, Bernie has the lowest NRA rating.

Those were the first 2 attacks. No need to read any more of Peter Douche's garbage.
It would be wonderful if you could take this kind of nuanced stance on Hillary "voting for the Iraq war", when she during the senate debate very clearly expressed that war would be a bad idea.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2017, 10:57:24 AM »

He tried himself against the establishment and in the democratic primary, even if the majority supports you, then you still lose because they are a invincible power.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2017, 12:44:54 PM »

You mean like he was trolling when he accused Halperin, Lauer, Thrush, and other white male journalists of sexism and misogyny because of their extremely slanted coverage of Clinton.

Whatever happened to "stronger together" fam?
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2017, 04:25:09 PM »

It's only "stronger together" whe  they're the ines who are stronger. When the Bernie wing has fuel against them, we're all sexist white male misogynists who know nothing about politics.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2017, 04:31:35 PM »

It's only "stronger together" whe  they're the ines who are stronger. When the Bernie wing has fuel against them, we're all sexist white male misogynists who know nothing about politics.

So, as I understand you both disagree with Daou's assessment that Clinton's coverage was slanted because her harshest critics were a bunch of sexual predators.
Good to know.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2017, 04:10:58 AM »

So, as I understand you both disagree with Daou's assessment that Clinton's coverage was slanted because her harshest critics were a bunch of sexual predators.
Good to know.

Show me where I said that.
Sherrod Brown Shill
NerdFighter40351
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -6.43

« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2017, 07:26:27 AM »

"You worked on John Kerry’s and Hillary’s campaigns.

Both lost.

What on earth leads you to believe that you have any credibility whatsoever with regard to prognosticating the 2020 election?"

"I'm very proud to have worked on those campaigns. Which presidential campaigns have you worked on? And won?"

"And the answer was Obama in 2008. Who were you shilling for in 2008?"

"Blocked for not being able to conduct a civilized conversation."

What a dummy. Gets bested in an argument and blocks. God people emotionally connected to their opinions annoy the hell out of me.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2017, 01:18:08 PM »

"You worked on John Kerry’s and Hillary’s campaigns.

Both lost.

What on earth leads you to believe that you have any credibility whatsoever with regard to prognosticating the 2020 election?"

"I'm very proud to have worked on those campaigns. Which presidential campaigns have you worked on? And won?"

"And the answer was Obama in 2008. Who were you shilling for in 2008?"

"Blocked for not being able to conduct a civilized conversation."

What a dummy. Gets bested in an argument and blocks. God people emotionally connected to their opinions annoy the hell out of me.

Lol
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2017, 04:26:57 PM »

I think that the Democratic establishment is wrong on guns, so Bernie with the NRA is a good thing.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2017, 06:17:08 PM »

I think that the Democratic establishment is wrong on guns, so Bernie with the NRA is a good thing.

What does that even mean? That Democrats should embrace a far-right hate group like the NRA?
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2017, 06:48:57 PM »

http://www.shakesville.com/2015/07/looking-for-bernie-part-1-sanders-72.html

A sane criticism of sanders(in the very twitter thread you linked to).
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2017, 10:42:34 PM »

The Bernie campaign called that 45 year old essay stupid. I guess they don't have anything else to attack Bernie's character with, so that's why we hear so much about this nothing.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2017, 02:02:37 AM »

What does that even mean? That Democrats should embrace a far-right hate group like the NRA?
What it means is that the Democrats should stop pushing gun restrictions.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2017, 02:28:03 AM »

And Roy Moore said he never touched those girls, so I guess everything is OK.

What it means is that the Democrats should stop pushing gun restrictions.

Yeah, how stupid of them to try to prevent kids from getting massacred at their schools.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies