ALEA IACTA EST: A Roman Republic Game (Rules, OOC and Sign Up Thread) (CLOSED)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:42:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  ALEA IACTA EST: A Roman Republic Game (Rules, OOC and Sign Up Thread) (CLOSED)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: ALEA IACTA EST: A Roman Republic Game (Rules, OOC and Sign Up Thread) (CLOSED)  (Read 6072 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: January 30, 2018, 03:52:27 PM »

This game has been very fun, but I agree with the others that this game should be put down. I'm working on my own Nation RPG game that will have an opinion poll by Thursday (I hope). but yeah, this game is finished

Not that I want to tell you how to run your life, but do you think it's a smart idea to start another nation game when you know I'm in the process of starting one? I think a reason a lot of these games die is because of a flooding of the boards, dividing a small-ish player base among several games at once.

When I say it'll be ready to post, I mean I'll have it written up. I won't post it till after your game finishes. It'll give me some time to work out the finer details. I know oversaturation will be a problem so that's why I'll withhold from posting until I'm sure it's ready
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #126 on: January 30, 2018, 09:43:30 PM »

You know, I think a game set in the 1890s could be pretty interesting, if that’s not too close to the Balance of Power game.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #127 on: January 30, 2018, 11:06:51 PM »

Sad as it is, after hearing from the playerbase, there seems to be a consensus that the game is dead. For what it's worth I really enjoyed hosting this experimental game, and hope the players managed to enjoy it as well.

Perhaps one day a remake will be possible and viable, in the meantime, I shall move on with the idea of an ASOIAF Game. I hope some of Alea Jacta Est players will be interested (and not too frustrated over this decision), they shall certainly recieve preference in choosing roles as a reward for being active and committed here.

Until then, farewell!
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #128 on: January 31, 2018, 03:05:12 AM »

I'm pretty devastated - this was one of my all time faves in so many ways! Any chance of an epilogue? Anyway, it was really great while it lasted, so many thanks
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies