ALEA IACTA EST: A Roman Republic Game (Senate Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:51:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  ALEA IACTA EST: A Roman Republic Game (Senate Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: ALEA IACTA EST: A Roman Republic Game (Senate Thread)  (Read 4082 times)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2018, 11:34:55 AM »

On Motion N°12, I vote aye.

On Motion N°13, I vote nay.

On Motion N°14, I vote aye.

On Motion N°15, I vote aye.

On Motion N°16, I vote aye.
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2018, 12:10:31 AM »

On Motion N°12, I vote aye.

On Motion N°13, I vote nay, and would urge my colleagues in the Senate to do the same. Pompey the Younger, despite whatever disagreements this body may have with him, has certainly not warranted the title of Enemy of the State.

On Motion N°14, I vote aye.

On Motion N°15, I vote nay. Rome has never, and will not begin to give up territory which has been seized at sword point. This motion is just another example of the pervasiveness of Egyptian influence in Roman political life, and that influence must be brought to a close. I must bring to the Senate knowledge that Ptolemy approached me, with an offer of handing over Clodius Pulcher in exchange for Cyprus, and I am concerned that a similar bargain has been made here. I repeat my original statement, Roman territory will not be given up at the threat of violence or whatever other means Ptolemy may contrive.

On Motion N°16, I vote aye, and would strongly urge my colleagues to do the same.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2018, 07:02:02 AM »

BRIEF INTERVENTION FROM CATULLUS

"Though I speak as an envoy and lack the right to vote, I would point out that the honourable Cicero was rather less scathing about Egyptian influence very recently. Who has bought his silver tongue today?"
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2018, 10:56:19 AM »

BRIEF INTERVENTION FROM CATULLUS

"Though I speak as an envoy and lack the right to vote, I would point out that the honourable Cicero was rather less scathing about Egyptian influence very recently. Who has bought his silver tongue today?"

Oh Catullus, but do actions not speak louder than words? Tell me friend, what action have I undertaken which has endeared me to the Egyptians. I refused in the end their attempt to hurt Rabirius, and I refused again their attempt to seize Cyprus out from under our noses. I am certainly curious how you, Catullus, have come to know so much of the Egyptian Pharaoh's inner counsel.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies