McGreevey Forbidden from receiving communion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:39:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  McGreevey Forbidden from receiving communion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: McGreevey Forbidden from receiving communion  (Read 19515 times)
Brambila
Brambilla

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2004, 06:34:59 PM »

The Catholic Church doesn't have an opinion on the Death Penalty. The Pope has an opinion,  but it's non-doctrinal. Many Cardinals are pro-death penalty.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2004, 06:41:58 PM »

Being pro-choice is equally as bad as being pro-holocaust.

You lower the quality of your whole post with a last line as blatently disgusting as that one.
Duke Fan
Rookie
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2004, 06:47:42 PM »

Being pro-choice is equally as bad as being pro-holocaust.

You lower the quality of your whole post with a last line as blatently disgusting as that one.

If one believes that abortion is murder then why should they not feel it is comparable to the holocast? In fact it would be much worse. 43 million compared to 6.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2004, 06:59:34 PM »

If one believes that abortion is murder then why should they not feel it is comparable to the holocast? In fact it would be much worse. 43 million compared to 6.

The people in the holocaust felt pain, and lots of it.  Most (not all, but most) aborted pregnancies do not.
Duke Fan
Rookie
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2004, 07:02:37 PM »

The people in the holocaust felt pain, and lots of it.  Most (not all, but most) aborted pregnancies do not.

I realize that, but I was just saying that if one believes abortion is murder I can see thier reasoning behind connecting the two
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2004, 07:04:50 PM »
« Edited: May 02, 2004, 07:05:13 PM by nclib »

I realize that, but I was just saying that if one believes abortion is murder I can see thier reasoning behind connecting the two

And the Nazis intended to cause their victims to suffer; women seeking abortions aren't trying to cause anybody's suffering.
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2004, 08:24:18 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

A good 10 million of the children killed by abortion feel pain.

But is something really not bad if they don't feel pain? "Oh, as long as they don't feel it, it's okay!"

That is DISGUSTING.
ElCidGOP
Rookie

« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2004, 09:20:06 PM »

How do you know the unborn babies don't feel pain.  How would you know?  

Look, abortion is disgusting.  Using a vacuum to suck an unborn living baby out of a mother's womb, where the baby should be the most safe, is horrible and utterly so.  No one can honestly say they think its right.  Its always "well, I would never have one, but why should I tell someone they can't."  There are so many other options.  
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2004, 01:55:52 PM »

My paternal grandfather was Eastern Orthodox and he never converted to my grandmother's Roman Catholicism.  They attended mass together at a catholic church and the monsignor who married them and gave them communion apparently didn't have a problem with it.  They raised their eleven children in the Catholic church.
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2004, 02:55:23 PM »

Russian Orthodox are in the KATHOLICOS community, even though they are not in communion with the Pope. Meaning, they have apostolic authority to do their stuff, but they disagree that Peter is the head of the Church. The Catholic Church allows Orthodox to recieve communion at a Catholic mass whenever they want, but a Catholic must ask the Orthodox priest if they want to recieve communion.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2004, 04:17:06 PM »

You're not Catholic if you believe that. That's actually heresy you're saying.

I meant that I wouldn't support denying communion to anyone who is Catholic.

Do you consider a Russian Orthodox catholic? Would you deny him or her communion?

Members of the Orthodox churches and the Assyrian church are considered to be in communion with Rome and can receive the Eucharist.
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2004, 08:12:43 PM »

That's not true. Some Eastern Rite Catholics are joined in communion with the Church- these include the Byzantine "Greek" Catholics, the Byzantine "Ukranian" Catholics, Armenian Catholics, Assyrian Catholic Church of the East, Chaldean Catholics, Syro-Malabar Catholics (st. Thomas Christians), and dozens of others. However, the Russian Orthodox, the Ukrainian Orthodox, Greek Orthodox, Armenian Orthodox, Coptic Orthodox, and several others are NOT in full communion with Rome. They accept that the Pope is the patriach of the Church of Peter, and the successor of him, but they don't believe he has supremecy over the other aposotlic successors. Nonetheless, they are still allowed to recieve communion since they ARE in apostolic succession.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2004, 11:20:07 PM »

Tariq Aziz?  would you share your last wafer with him?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies