can we talk about the aliens
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:21:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  can we talk about the aliens
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: can we talk about the aliens  (Read 6469 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 18, 2017, 05:36:59 PM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/us/politics/pentagon-program-ufo-harry-reid.html?_r=0

Can we have a conversation about everythinq disclosed in this NYT article? Especially the video, provided by the Pentaqon, featurinq the pilots of a Navy jet freakinq the hell out about seeinq an unidentified object which is clearly visible on the screen. The Pentaqon claims the proqram ended in 2011 but the head of the proqram was still doinq the same job until only two months aqo, continuinq to work alonqside both the CIA and the Pentaqon. Ultimately this bloq post sums up my feelinqs quite well:

https://theconcourse.deadspin.com/someone-explain-to-me-the-alien-alloys-before-i-ing-1821387673
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 05:53:18 PM »

Nah, I'm good.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 05:55:33 PM »

Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 06:12:03 PM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/us/politics/unidentified-flying-object-navy.html

The NYT's article specifically dedicated to the incident with the two pilots is absolutely insane, there's so much corroboratinq evidence. The pilots were directed to the location of the UFO by a US Navy cruiser who had been observinq it on radar maneuverinq and chanqinq speed at impossible rates. The pilots saw it firsthand and watched it do exactly the thinqs that were recorded on radar.

honestly, what's the skeptic's explanation for all of this?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 08:36:33 AM »

My favorite part is that Reid though that giving a $22M handout to a friend was the best part of his career.

actually, it's kind of sad.  We, rightly, make fun of the people that take Roswell seriously, yet, at the same time, we let our corrupt politicians give millions of tax dollars to billionaire friends for the exact same sh**t.
kyc0705

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 10:25:11 AM »

we can never talk about aliens enough tbh
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2017, 11:43:20 AM »

My favorite part is that Reid though that giving a $22M handout to a friend was the best part of his career.

actually, it's kind of sad.  We, rightly, make fun of the people that take Roswell seriously, yet, at the same time, we let our corrupt politicians give millions of tax dollars to billionaire friends for the exact same sh**t.

I understand what you're saying and I agree the arrangement is very shady but I think awarding the contract to a close associate more has to do with ensuring secrecy (as in, they wanted to avoid the stigma about "researching UFOs" from becoming a public scandal) than any attempt at graft. The program was allocated only $22 million, which for a multibillionaire is an inconsequentially small sum of money - and Harry Reid was usually much more direct in his graft.

His interest in this program appears to be out of earnest interest, which in light of the Navy's recent disclosure appears entirely justified. Seriously, read those two NYT articles, how do you explain this? You can't just write this off as conspiracy crankpottery.

I understand the stigma against discussing this sort of stuff because the vast majority of UFO sightings are bogus and the people who discuss them seem more than slightly off. But this is extremely different

The US Navy has publicly released footage of a very bizarre unidentified object recorded from two aircraft, with visual identification from both pilots, and it was also detected on radar by a cruiser. It was recorded descending from 80,000 to 20,000 feet only to immediately stop, observed accelerating immediately from a full stop to mach 3, and was able to curve around the F/A-18F Super Hornets in a tighter turn radius than the aircraft were capable of.

I don't want to believe these are something as bizarre as extraterrestrials because the concept would be frightening as hell, and I definitely don't want to look like a kook as the only person here taking it seriously. But I don't understand how this crazy information is going almost entirely unnoticed. Seriously, what is the skeptic's take on this? If you have an explanation please let me know because I'm trying to find one

www.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/us/politics/unidentified-flying-object-navy.html

Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2017, 11:47:50 AM »

This incident report was published on a random conspiracy website in 2007 and perfectly matches the information the pilots are sharing only now, a decade later. Even the call signs are identical!

You must be logged in to read this quote.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2017, 11:55:08 AM »

i want to meet the aliens tbh they might be cool
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2017, 12:14:57 PM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/us/politics/unidentified-flying-object-navy.html

The NYT's article specifically dedicated to the incident with the two pilots is absolutely insane, there's so much corroboratinq evidence. The pilots were directed to the location of the UFO by a US Navy cruiser who had been observinq it on radar maneuverinq and chanqinq speed at impossible rates. The pilots saw it firsthand and watched it do exactly the thinqs that were recorded on radar.

How about one of the explanations that are offered in your article?

dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2017, 12:15:23 PM »

I don't doubt that Reid and his super rich buddy are enthusiasts.  I just don't like to pay for it.

And I have no idea what it is in the video.  The way it's just "stuck" in the middle seems fishy, but I don't know how the optics work.  Could be some skunk works we don't know about.  Like Aurora or some other super advanced drone.  Might be aliens, or it could be a dragon or Jesus.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2017, 12:58:54 PM »
« Edited: December 19, 2017, 01:01:22 PM by ProudModerate2 »

This made national news last night.
I saw the story (and same video) on CBS Nightly News (or was it NBC or ABC? ..... anyway, it was a story that was big enough for them to air).

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2017, 01:02:45 PM »

You might even fall in love with one of them .....

America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2017, 05:59:07 PM »

My biggest question is how can I have sex with aliens if they don't have genitals
Kringla Heimsins
France

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2017, 06:14:37 PM »

What the hell does that mean? This is the weirdest and scariest thing I've ever read in a newspaper.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2017, 06:44:49 PM »

The press should continue looking into this situation and interview more veterans. They have done a decent job thus far. That's all I'm going to say.
I think what you're trying to say is, aliens definitely exist and the Government is covering their existence up.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2017, 06:45:39 PM »

What the hell does that mean? This is the weirdest and scariest thing I've ever read in a newspaper.

Holy crap

I really hope that we have something of worth if there ever were an attack
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2017, 07:12:49 PM »

How about one of the explanations that are offered in your article?

That’s not actually an explanation. That’s barely a coherent thought.
kyc0705

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2017, 08:03:10 PM »

Call Me by Your SETI Case Number
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2017, 08:38:28 PM »

Even though he now lives in Canada, the best expert on this topic for the United States is probably Stanton Friedman.  For the United Kingdom it's probably Nick Pope.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2017, 08:40:54 PM »

Stanton Friedman refers to SETI as 'Silly Effort to Investigate.'

MUFON, the Mutual UFO Network does better work
http://www.mufon.com/

Las Vegas investigative journalist George Knapp is also an excellent resource.
kyc0705

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2017, 08:50:09 PM »

Stanton Friedman refers to SETI as 'Silly Effort to Investigate.'

MUFON, the Mutual UFO Network does better work
http://www.mufon.com/

Las Vegas investigative journalist George Knapp is also an excellent resource.

Call Me by Your Knapp is also a better pun.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2017, 08:57:39 PM »

A subject I'm most passionate about, so I'm glad to see it receiving some mainstream attention.

I'm not sure if there are aliens visiting us. It seems like a very unlikely scenario, or at least not the most likely one, and I don't want to immediately jump to that. But there's a lot of unexplained stuff out there, and if someone like Reid did know what this stuff was, that speaks volumes. It does make me wonder if anyone in the government or military does know, or if we're dealing with a situation where they're as much in the dark as the rest of is. There have been theories about MAJESTIC-12 and similar collaborating entities for years, but the general consensus even amongst ufologists seems to be that they were disinformation campaigns.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majestic_12#History_and_analysis

I'm inclined to think most "genuine" sighting that are not misidentification are of top secret government projects rather than anything extraterrestrial. But examples like the one linked in thread are hard to fit into that description. I found it interesting that Commander Fravor’s superiors did not investigate the object further after the encounter. This seems exactly like the sort of situation that would warrant further study, especially only a few years after 9/11. So it seems to me that someone in the government had to be in the know about what this thing was.

Well, don't want to turn this forum into Above Top Secret or CoastToCoastAM, but to me it's a very interesting subject, and I hope we're reaching a point where a lot more information and credible sightings emerge.

(As a side note, I've never liked Reid, but him doing this is enough to make a FF out of him for me. I welcome pandering to my niche fascinations!)
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2017, 09:24:53 PM »

A subject I'm most passionate about, so I'm glad to see it receiving some mainstream attention.

I'm not sure if there are aliens visiting us. It seems like a very unlikely scenario, or at least not the most likely one, and I don't want to immediately jump to that. But there's a lot of unexplained stuff out there, and if someone like Reid did know what this stuff was, that speaks volumes. It does make me wonder if anyone in the government or military does know, or if we're dealing with a situation where they're as much in the dark as the rest of is. There have been theories about MAJESTIC-12 and similar collaborating entities for years, but the general consensus even amongst ufologists seems to be that they were disinformation campaigns.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majestic_12#History_and_analysis

I'm inclined to think most "genuine" sighting that are not misidentification are of top secret government projects rather than anything extraterrestrial. But examples like the one linked in thread are hard to fit into that description. I found it interesting that Commander Fravor’s superiors did not investigate the object further after the encounter. This seems exactly like the sort of situation that would warrant further study, especially only a few years after 9/11. So it seems to me that someone in the government had to be in the know about what this thing was.

Well, don't want to turn this forum into Above Top Secret or CoastToCoastAM, but to me it's a very interesting subject, and I hope we're reaching a point where a lot more information and credible sightings emerge.

(As a side note, I've never liked Reid, but him doing this is enough to make a FF out of him for me. I welcome pandering to my niche fascinations!)

If you're looking for Republican politicians who had an interest in UFOs and your not already familiar, former New Mexico Congressman (U.S Representative) Steven Schiff followed the topic.  I believe he tried to advance legislation that would have promoted further investigation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Schiff
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2017, 09:27:30 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies