World's friendliest/most hostile int'l border (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:54:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  World's friendliest/most hostile int'l border (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: World's friendliest/most hostile int'l border  (Read 4298 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: September 05, 2005, 08:43:41 PM »

most hostile:  the border between Belgica and Germania.  aka, the Rhine River.  Circa 44BC.

angus recommends   ROME:  engineering an empire.

now, and for the next two hours.  Only on the History Channel. 

actually, I'd vote the border between the two Koreas.  anytime after about AD1953. but I've been intrigued with the roman imperial situation ever since my parents took me to the Romisch-Germanisch Museum in Köln when I was about 7. 

the thing is, they had two factions around that time:  the Republicans and the Imperialists.

Here and now, both major factions are the Imperialists.  That's the difference.

you really ought to check this out.  Rome's system of water distribution is pretty nifty, but I'd make a plug for the Inca.  Any of you been to Machu Picchu?  That's a pretty impressive system too.  Not being white, the Inca can't be taken seriously as engineers, I suppose, but I think their aqueduct system (built in harmony with nature) would rival Rome's in efficiency and elegance.

ooh, now they're talking about Nero's ongoing problems with that vile and growing cult:  The Christians.   There goes the neighborhood. 

okay, I won't hijack this thread any further.

Mostly I just wanted to promote this show.  it's cool.  and it's on now.  into ancient technology?  you'll like this one.  check it out.

Terra Pax.  Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies