World's friendliest/most hostile int'l border (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:12:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  World's friendliest/most hostile int'l border (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: World's friendliest/most hostile int'l border  (Read 4291 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: September 05, 2005, 05:25:14 AM »

What ag said. US-Mexico is by all accounts a pretty much par for the course border. Now, the only way you notice the German-Belgian border passing on the train is that the electricity poles suddenly look different. No sign, no nothing. I mean, even at the Scottish-English border there's a small sign marking the border crossing.
The bit about the Chinese-North Korean border by KillerPollo is wrong. That border is "open" only by comparison with the North Korean-South Korean one. It's probably harder to cross than the US-MExican one. (But thousands of N Koreans slip through every year anyways. Lots of illegal N Korean immigrants in Manchuria.)

minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 06:05:37 AM »

Isn't Norway in the Schengen accord anyways? I seem to recall it was that or no Scandinavia inside Schengen or cancellation of the much older Scandinavian Free Borders accord, whatever it was called.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 03:10:15 AM »

No sign, no nothing. I mean, even at the Scottish-English border there's a small sign marking the border crossing.

same at pretty much every US states' borders.

The bit about the Chinese-North Korean border by KillerPollo is wrong. That border is "open" only by comparison with the North Korean-South Korean one. It's probably harder to cross than the US-MExican one. (But thousands of N Koreans slip through every year anyways. Lots of illegal N Korean immigrants in Manchuria.)

I heard the usual route for defectors is to China, then to Japan, then to South Korea.

Which I completely support. ANYTHING to get out of there.
Actually, the usual route out is to China, then dig a cave to live in, then find work as a dishwasher in a restaurant.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies