Allyson Schwartz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:48:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate
  Political Essays & Deliberation (Moderator: Torie)
  Allyson Schwartz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Allyson Schwartz  (Read 25749 times)
No One
DMK169
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2005, 03:59:02 PM »

well flyers, i have not ever made the decision to make you a personal enemy. in fact, i met you and like you.  i do however think what you said is disgusting. any my pro-life beliefs has NOTHING to do with my Catholic education. It has everything to do with stopping a beating heart and the silent scream. Wanna know what? I DONT CARE WHAT THEIR REASON IS FOR AN ABORTION!!!!! I DONT CARE!!!! It is the stopping of a beating heart. That is EXACTLY what it is in many cases. You have no right to make a decision to stop a beating heart... no matter how much of an inconvenience it may be for the mother.
Oh, and something I just though of..... you implied I am pro-life because my Catholic education. I am in favor of the death penalty which makes your point WRONG. I am pro-life because those babies cant speak for themselves. They try when their mouths open but we cant hear it. If the mother's life is at risk, I am sorry to say that I do not have a position on that because I just cant bring myself to think about it.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2005, 05:28:24 PM »

well flyers, i have not ever made the decision to make you a personal enemy. in fact, i met you and like you.  i do however think what you said is disgusting. any my pro-life beliefs has NOTHING to do with my Catholic education. It has everything to do with stopping a beating heart and the silent scream. Wanna know what? I DONT CARE WHAT THEIR REASON IS FOR AN ABORTION!!!!! I DONT CARE!!!! It is the stopping of a beating heart. That is EXACTLY what it is in many cases. You have no right to make a decision to stop a beating heart... no matter how much of an inconvenience it may be for the mother.
Oh, and something I just though of..... you implied I am pro-life because my Catholic education. I am in favor of the death penalty which makes your point WRONG. I am pro-life because those babies cant speak for themselves. They try when their mouths open but we cant hear it. If the mother's life is at risk, I am sorry to say that I do not have a position on that because I just cant bring myself to think about it.

Well, I have a lot of respect for you too and I think you definitely have a future in politics.  I might have got a little hot and bothered when you called me a "pig" and maybe I should have reacted differently and addressed why I am truly pro-choice instead of some bonehead rant and I'm sorry.  Hopefully we can look past that. 

I'm also glad you admit your inconsistencies of your personal beliefs with the Catholic church's regarding the death penalty.  Too often people think they're holier than thou because they are "pro-life" and also favor the death penalty.  The one thing that bothers me is that position is omitted from pre-election literature after Sunday Mass is the death penalty.  It's all abortion, abortion, abortion and maaaaybe vouchers. 

Well, no one likes to admit they abort for incovenience, but the fact of the matter is that's the case in over 50% of abortions.  Look, I take socioeconomic factors into consideration when evaluating my position on choice.  More times than none, a woman will decide to keep her baby.  She will have the guilt of having something ripped from her, but that is for her to deal with, not a judge, clergy member, or legislator.     
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2005, 05:35:09 PM »

Well, I have a lot of respect for you too and I think you definitely have a future in politics.  I might have got a little hot and bothered when you called me a "pig" and maybe I should have reacted differently and addressed why I am truly pro-choice instead of some bonehead rant and I'm sorry.  Hopefully we can look past that. 

I'm also glad you admit your inconsistencies of your personal beliefs with the Catholic church's regarding the death penalty.  Too often people think they're holier than thou because they are "pro-life" and also favor the death penalty.  The one thing that bothers me is that position is omitted from pre-election literature after Sunday Mass is the death penalty.  It's all abortion, abortion, abortion and maaaaybe vouchers. 

Well, no one likes to admit they abort for incovenience, but the fact of the matter is that's the case in over 50% of abortions.  Look, I take socioeconomic factors into consideration when evaluating my position on choice.  More times than none, a woman will decide to keep her baby.  She will have the guilt of having something ripped from her, but that is for her to deal with, not a judge, clergy member, or legislator.     

Yet I do the same thing and you go into one of your hyper-partisan rants. I have stated my differences with the Church and it's always "You're brainwashed!"

You want to disagree? Fine. Just do it more respectfully when you're dealing with me and others and maybe we won't always be personally attacking each other.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2005, 05:36:47 PM »

If you want to make me be your personal enemy, great!  Yeah, I'm sorry I went to 12 years of Catholic school, live in Northeast Philly and disagree with you on a woman's right to choose.  Some of us don't take what we've learned in Catholic school and look at the issue with blinders on when we reexamine the issues later in life.  Of course I did the pro-life rose selling thing in grade school when I was about 8 or 9 and thought abortion was baby killing and it was awful.  I then asked myself the simple question of WHY someone would do that.  When you live a comfortable life, you really have no clue as to the factors that may lead someone to arrive at the decision to terminate her pregnancy.  I also remember the GOP slanted literature handed to my family the Sunday before every election basically priaising the GOP candidate and making the Dem look like trash.  What are you trying to prove with me?  What more do you want me to say regarding the sarcastic, yet meant to be facetious comment I made? 

You're an obnoxious slimeball. I wouldn't call you that if you presented your views respectfully but you're the trash that you post warrants that response.

Do you have to be so rigid towards people that don't agree with you?  I realize I'm not the most couth person in the world and I tend to slip and lot of stupid things, but unlike DMK, you have a lot of issues to deal with yourself if you were to enter politics.  Notice how he said my "views" were disgusting.  Ok, fine, I respect that.  Over the past few threads you have resorted to personal attacks and name calling.  You nailed Demoteen for that when I brought him on here for the same thing and have even tried to correct him when I talked to him personally.  Guess what?  You are acting just as childish if not worse.  You have a history of doing that to other Forum members on here and they have told me so.  I also love how you defend NixonNow and Naso for making personal attacks just because you are in the same party as them.  I have only defended NixonNow from getting banned because I think that's authoritarian, not on what he said.  I know I would have never been extended the same courtesy from you had I said 1/4 of the stuff they said and in fact you'd be the first in line to call for my head.  
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2005, 05:41:21 PM »

Do you have to be so rigid towards people that don't agree with you?  I realize I'm not the most couth person in the world and I tend to slip and lot of stupid things, but unlike DMK, you have a lot of issues to deal with yourself if you were to enter politics.

Uh, you go on one of your crazy rants and you expect me to just treat you equally? I'm tired of this "You don't like people that disagree with you." I can prove that wrong in so many different ways. I call you a slimeball and you get mad. DMK calls you a pig and it's ok. You're deal is that you're afraid of someone here. You either kiss up to him because you're afraid or attack me because you're afraid. You're totally inconsistent.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I defend Naso and NixonNow because they are unfairly accused of stuff. It's not partisanship. I don't defend people like yourself because you openly don't care about what you say and you mean what people think you mean.

I start personal stuff when people get personal with me. When you go into one of your drunken "You're brainwashed. GOODBYE GERLACH, FITZPATRICK, WELDON!" stuff, I attack back.

I wouldn't call for you to be banned. Shows how much you know.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2005, 04:50:56 PM »

For the record, I got an A on the paper, although my professor found a couple typos.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2005, 10:06:02 PM »

For the record, I got an A on the paper, although my professor found a couple typos.

I knew you would.  Paper was excellent.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2005, 10:07:38 PM »

No, it was the damn liberal professoriate Wink
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2005, 04:55:43 PM »

Thanks Flyers.  And, yes, the professor is very liberal.  He's actually a local Democratic officeholder and usually starts class with a 20-minute rant discussing the problems facing the Republican party.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2005, 05:57:11 PM »

Thanks Flyers.  And, yes, the professor is very liberal.  He's actually a local Democratic officeholder and usually starts class with a 20-minute rant discussing the problems facing the Republican party.

Well, there maybe a liberal bias, but still a good paper.  I do sometimes think that conservatives suffer under PC liberal professors and seen it myself at Temple.  I had one ultra-feminist that subtly favored women and pushed women's studies classes on us and this was a history class.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2005, 06:05:43 PM »

Well, there maybe a liberal bias, but still a good paper.  I do sometimes think that conservatives suffer under PC liberal professors and seen it myself at Temple.  I had one ultra-feminist that subtly favored women and pushed women's studies classes on us and this was a history class.

My friend did his on Eric Cantor (although my friend is very liberal).  I should ask him what he got on it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2005, 06:29:45 PM »

Each student in my Gov class has to pick one member of the House, analyze their last ten votes, give a reason for each of their votes and a description of the district.

I picked my least favorite member - Bernie Sanders of Vermont (I get to describe Vermont. What fun!). My liberal girlfriend wanted me to pick someone for her so I chose Pete Sessions of Texas. Those that are different from us are always the most fun to analyze.  Smiley
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2005, 07:32:27 PM »

Each student in my Gov class has to pick one member of the House, analyze their last ten votes, give a reason for each of their votes and a description of the district.

I picked my least favorite member - Bernie Sanders of Vermont (I get to describe Vermont. What fun!). My liberal girlfriend wanted me to pick someone for her so I chose Pete Sessions of Texas. Those that are different from us are always the most fun to analyze.  Smiley

I would have had so much fun with Pat Toomey!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies