Swedish election, 2018: Political Impasse, Löfven loses confidence vote (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:31:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Swedish election, 2018: Political Impasse, Löfven loses confidence vote (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
S (Social Democrats)

M (Moderate)

SD (Swedish Democrats)

C (Centre)

MP (Green)

V (Left)

L (Liberals)

KD (Christian Democrats)

FI (Feminist)

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 170

Author Topic: Swedish election, 2018: Political Impasse, Löfven loses confidence vote  (Read 74559 times)
Izzyeviel
United Kingdom

« on: September 09, 2018, 01:38:42 PM »

I guess they deserve what they get. Goodnight, Sweden.

There were no scenario in which SD will govern so I don't understand your saltiness.

That's exactly the saddest part.

Another great nation slowly going down the drain IMO.

I agree. Shame to see so many Swedes trust the far-right with their lives and vote. People never learn.
Izzyeviel
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 04:24:12 PM »

MIGRANTS VOTE AGAINST ANTI-MIGRANT PARTY SHOCKER

C and L are just as pro-immigration as the left but they still don't get migrant votes.
The average voter is low-information as it is anywhere, and that's undoubtably higher in areas where many people don't even speak Swedish. They know which party gives them benefits, so that's who they vote for.

Other issues that often drive voters to the left, such as social progressivism and environmentalism almost certainly play no role in how these areas vote, or Islamic fundamentalists wouldn't be supporting pro-LGBT parties. For example, the migrant neighborhoods in Australia voted against gay marriage, but still voted for Labor

Does your low-information voter analysis also reach to poor voters who voted in the 2016 presidential election for someone whose businesses even now continue to hire workers from abroad because of lower labour costs?
Trump companies do what's profitable? Oh, the horror! If you think companies undercutting Americans with foreign workers is bad, then you should logically have supported Trump's campaign promises on immigration, which, had Paul Ryan not shot them down to focus on tax cuts for his donors, would have forced corporations (including Trump's) to pay a better wage.

Anyway, back to Sweden.

Trump believes that and still hires cheap workers from abroad. If you really believed that yourself, you logically should've supported the Democrats and their plan to introduce a minimum wage which would dramatically reduce the need for companies to hire cheap foreign labour.

Anyway, back to Sweden...
Izzyeviel
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 05:18:02 PM »

I might not be the Mod here any more, but if another poster mentions Trump in this thread I will hunt them down and destroy them.

Ok.

I wonder what the child president of the US thinks of his boys only getting 17.6%?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies