Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 24, 2019, 12:25:54 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: New features added! Click here for more information. Click here to configure new features.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  International Elections (Moderators: Gustaf, Hash)
| | |-+  Sask Party leadership election: Jan 27, 2018
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Sask Party leadership election: Jan 27, 2018  (Read 1792 times)
136or142
Adam T
YaBB God
View Profile Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2018, 09:47:22 pm »

Fourth ballot results:

Cheveldayoff: 4844 (29.51%)
Koch: 5591 (34.06%)
Moe: 5980 (36.43%)

At this point, I'd wager that Moe has it.

According to wiki, Scott Moe killed a person

In 1997, he caused the death of one person in a highway traffic incident for which he was issued a ticket for driving without due care and attention.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Moe

Scott "Teddy" Moe  or Scott "Killer" Moe

Not a surprise he opposes carbon taxes (or carbon pricing,) he doesn't care about life.  I believe he's anti abortion though, which to his idiot supporters makes him 'pro life.'

Indeed, some 'pro life' group just tweeted congratulating the Sask Party for electing Killer Moe as their leader.

"Freedom just around the corner for you/but with truth so far off, what good will it do?"  Bob Dylan "Jokerman"

Could the 13th Mississippi Congressional District (MS-13) be competitive for the Democrats?
Fmr. Assemblyman Njall
Njall
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -5.91

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2018, 10:29:26 pm »

Fourth ballot results:

In 1997, he caused the death of one person in a highway traffic incident for which he was issued a ticket for driving without due care and attention.

Not a surprise he opposes carbon taxes (or carbon pricing,) he doesn't care about life.  I believe he's anti abortion though, which to his idiot supporters makes him 'pro life.'

Indeed, some 'pro life' group just tweeted congratulating the Sask Party for electing Killer Moe as their leader.

Yup, he was that group's second choice for leader after Cheveldayoff. From a quick read of their materials, it seems that their preference for him was largely due to his commitment to having free votes on matters of conscience, and his openness to legislating a requirement for parental consent in order for a minor to have an abortion.
adma
YaBB God
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2018, 11:06:34 pm »

Moe has it.

136or142
Adam T
YaBB God
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2018, 11:34:22 pm »

Fourth ballot results:

Yup, he was that group's second choice for leader after Cheveldayoff. From a quick read of their materials, it seems that their preference for him was largely due to his commitment to having free votes on matters of conscience, and his openness to legislating a requirement for parental consent in order for a minor to have an abortion.

So, Killer Moe got a second chance, but he's not so quick to allow the same opportunity to others.

"Freedom just around the corner for you/but with truth so far off, what good will it do?"  Bob Dylan "Jokerman"

Could the 13th Mississippi Congressional District (MS-13) be competitive for the Democrats?
Lotuslander
Boo Boo
Canada
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2018, 02:39:18 am »

Frankly, I couldn't care less about SK poli as it's a relatively small provincial backwater. Even the SK NDP are centrist "orange" liberals akin to their neighbouring Manitoba NDP brethren. That said, I'm surprised no one has brought up the new preem's previous DUI conviction:

Five provincial election candidates three from the Saskatchewan Party and two from the Saskatchewan NDP disclosed impaired driving convictions to party leaders before beginning their bids for elected office.

At a campaign stop in Saskatoon on Monday, Saskatchewan Party Leader Brad Wall said Canora-Pelly candidate Terry Dennis, Rosthern-Shellbrook candidate Scott Moe and Saskatoon-University candidate Eric Olauson disclosed their impaired driving convictions before becoming candidates.

http://thestarphoenix.com/news/local-news/wall-defends-three-sask-party-candidates-with-dui-charges

I only bring that matter up 'cause BC preem Gordon Campbell received a DUI, while in office, in Hawaii back in 2003. Everyone thought Campbell was a goner as a result. So what happened? Campbell was in front of BC media TV cameras giving a tearful apology. Would that work? Subsequent Mustel poll (expensive CATI/tends to be accurate) held majority of BCers accepted same.

Moreover, Mustel poll in subsequent month held that BC Libs *increased* their standings by 5%. Who woulda thunk? Politics is def a strange land. Wink
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout