Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 13, 2018, 02:49:06 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: New features added! Click here for more information. Click here to configure new features.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  International Elections (Moderators: Gustaf, Hash)
| | |-+  Czech presidential election, January 12-13 & 26-27 2017 (search mode)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Czech presidential election, January 12-13 & 26-27 2017  (Read 4684 times)
🅰 🦀 @k 🎂
CrabCake
YaBB God
Kiribati

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2018, 04:25:46 pm »

Thanks, Lord Halifax. Fair points.

However, the defenestration of the established parties we saw in the October election, which mostly hit those who tagged Left, was not just a public cry to enhance/maintain the country's immigration quota policy. It was equally an expression of disdain for politicians and political parties who linked themselves to the heavy weight of Brussels, and further, and more poignantly, it was a revolt against the "business as usual" pursuits and thought processes which were calcifying Czechia's political system.

It was a strong, historic vote-booth uprising. Cataclysmic to all the established parties. That cannot be denied.

So I dare say, that with the public's fuse still burning in the tank, which 'package' of credentials and political beliefs has a better chance taking Prague Castle in one week?

Does the public find Zeman distasteful enough to pack him off after just one term? I just don't think so.

I mean, the results from October are a bit of a Rorschach test - you can look at them and see what you want, and a rebuke to the establishment could be just as much bad news for Zeman (who is, after all,  a part of said establishment) as it is Drahos.

FWIW, CrabCake hates China. I think they said something like their dream was for robots to devastate China.

🅰 🦀 @k 🎂
CrabCake
YaBB God
Kiribati

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 11:19:51 am »

Milo said that hes in favor of a referendum.

Any chance we see #Czexit?

Czech-out, surely?

Anyway, I doubt it; unless Babis changes his mind on the EU.

FWIW, CrabCake hates China. I think they said something like their dream was for robots to devastate China.

Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout