Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Sign Up and Rules Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 03:36:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Sign Up and Rules Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 46
Author Topic: Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Sign Up and Rules Thread)  (Read 32662 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #875 on: February 22, 2018, 12:32:38 AM »

As Bachmann and Brown will be joining, I will accept a single more Republican before the next turn begins in a couple of days.

If possible, either Bill Haslam is plausible then I would like to join as him

Haslam has been a Governor for exactly a year, that's pushing it too far.

Then either Lamar Alexander (who ran in both 1996 and 2000 and did well in IA and NH in '96) or Gov. John Kasich (10 years before being governor, he was a rep, so he knows a bit about Washington and has some clout).

Sorry, but Kasich was just elected Governor and has served for a year (making it highly unlikely, if not implausible, that he'd run for President after just settling as Governor). As for Alexander, I haven't found any speculation on a future Presidential run after running in 96' and 00' and not doing well.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #876 on: February 22, 2018, 02:51:54 PM »

Calculating results.
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #877 on: February 22, 2018, 03:33:37 PM »

As Bachmann and Brown will be joining, I will accept a single more Republican before the next turn begins in a couple of days.

If possible, either Bill Haslam is plausible then I would like to join as him

Haslam has been a Governor for exactly a year, that's pushing it too far.

Then either Lamar Alexander (who ran in both 1996 and 2000 and did well in IA and NH in '96) or Gov. John Kasich (10 years before being governor, he was a rep, so he knows a bit about Washington and has some clout).

Sorry, but Kasich was just elected Governor and has served for a year (making it highly unlikely, if not implausible, that he'd run for President after just settling as Governor). As for Alexander, I haven't found any speculation on a future Presidential run after running in 96' and 00' and not doing well.

Would Don Sundquist (former Rep. of TN and Gov.) or Rep. Diane Black be available?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #878 on: February 22, 2018, 03:43:27 PM »

Would Don Sundquist (former Rep. of TN and Gov.) or Rep. Diane Black be available?

No, for similar reasons. Neither has had Presidential speculation that I've read of, and have either been too far away from the spotlight (Sundquist) or too new or obscure (Black) to make plausible candidates.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #879 on: February 22, 2018, 03:43:34 PM »

Bob McDonnell, Marco Rubio, John Thune, and John Cornyn are all far more realistic.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #880 on: February 22, 2018, 03:44:28 PM »
« Edited: February 22, 2018, 03:48:40 PM by terp40hitch »

Bob McDonnell, Marco Rubio, John Thune, and John Cornyn are all far more realistic.
Marco Rubio already endorsed Fletcher but he could be Jon Huntsman or Newt Gingrich
adamevans
United States

« Reply #881 on: February 22, 2018, 03:52:25 PM »

Marco Rubio already endorsed Fletcher but he could be Jon Huntsman or Newt Gingrich
Gingrich already endorsed Fletcher and has for a while
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #882 on: February 22, 2018, 03:52:45 PM »

I'll go for Rick Santorum if he's possible (IOTL, he did run in 2012 and unless Fletcher hasn't picked him up *anger at Evans* I can be him)

adamevans
United States

« Reply #883 on: February 22, 2018, 03:54:53 PM »

Why are Fletcher's policies considered unpopular? Climate Change Action was supported by most republicans today.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #884 on: February 22, 2018, 03:55:29 PM »

I'll go for Rick Santorum if he's possible (IOTL, he did run in 2012 and unless Fletcher hasn't picked him up *anger at Evans* I can be him)

Sure.

New entries closed, Brown, Santorum and Bachmann are joining next turn (tomorrow).
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #885 on: February 22, 2018, 04:03:14 PM »

An issue has come up. The electoral calendar I used made a mistake for the Dems, listing their Minnesota caucus in March and actually not listing their Missouri caucus at all, and in OTL both were held on February 7th.

As this concerns both Dkrol and NewYorkExpress I'll put the question to them, do you prefer Minnesota and Missouri to be simulated in the upcoming turn (as it happened in RL, as so far that turn would only include Republican primaries), or should we correct this oversight by placing both on Super Tuesday in March?

Also, a question for all the players:

Next turn will take us from February 1st to February 7th, a date in which several primaries are held. From there on the next contests are on February 26th and 28th, a twenty day gap. Do you prefer a single turn that covers most of February, or two separate turns despite the first one not bringing any results with it?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #886 on: February 22, 2018, 04:05:16 PM »

An issue has come up. The electoral calendar I used made a mistake for the Dems, listing their Minnesota caucus in March and actually not listing their Missouri caucus at all, and in OTL both were held on February 7th.

As this concerns both Dkrol and NewYorkExpress I'll put the question to them, do you prefer Minnesota and Missouri to be simulated in the upcoming turn (as it happened in RL, as so far that turn would only include Republican primaries), or should we correct this oversight by placing both on Super Tuesday in March?

Next turn will take us from February 1st to February 7th, a date in which several primaries are held. From there on the next contests are on February 26th and 28th, a twenty day gap. Do you prefer a single turn that covers most of February, or two separate turns despite the first one not bringing any results with it?

two turns.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #887 on: February 22, 2018, 04:08:36 PM »

Debate Winner:

GOP:

With only three candidates left standing, Carolla, Paul and Fletcher all took the stage as in the span of a few days 50% of the Florida GOP vote (and almost 40% of the national vote) was virtually up for grabs in the twin departure of Jones and Christie. Unlike the past debates, few (if any) direct criticisms or attacks took place, the time spent by the three candidates (who remain unknown to many across the nation even now) describing their various views and philosophies on crucial matters. With Adam Carolla remaining third, the fight between Fletcher and Paul was close but with a clear edge for Congressman Ron Paul, who was successful in appealing to many Tea Party types in the wake of his Jones endorsement. While this is believed to substantially improve his credibility, several of Paul's stances on the issues are not to the taste of many Republicans (even when compared to Fletcher, and so it will remain to be seen how high or how low his ceiling might be.
Why are Fletcher's views considered "to the state of many Republicans?"
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #888 on: February 22, 2018, 04:09:20 PM »

one turn
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #889 on: February 22, 2018, 04:10:52 PM »

On the matter of Democrats, I think we should have MO and MN next turn.

On the matter of the general schedule, I like one turn over all of February that actually creates results.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #890 on: February 22, 2018, 04:11:18 PM »

May I post Rick's Announcement speech or do I have to wait for next turn?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #891 on: February 22, 2018, 04:12:00 PM »

Probably conveyed the wrong message there, problems with english being a second language. I'll correct it later.

May I post Rick's Announcement speech or do I have to wait for next turn?

Go ahead.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #892 on: February 22, 2018, 04:29:38 PM »

Probably conveyed the wrong message there, problems with english being a second language. I'll correct it later.

I misquoted you. You said that he's not to the taste (not state) of many Republicans, if that changes anything.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #893 on: February 22, 2018, 05:04:05 PM »

when is the new turn going up?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #894 on: February 22, 2018, 05:18:50 PM »

Tomorrow.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #895 on: February 22, 2018, 05:25:08 PM »

I may of went a preacher and a Half with the Announcement speech
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #896 on: February 22, 2018, 05:29:01 PM »

How will Brown, Bachman and Santorum fair in the polls next turn?
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #897 on: February 22, 2018, 05:30:17 PM »

Do you think that now, since we're at a transition point as the early primaries come to an end and we get into the meat of the primaries, we could get a more in-depth review of our campaigns? Some kind of media article or something that says what are campaigns have been doing well, how messaging has been received, and what our paths to victory are?
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #898 on: February 22, 2018, 05:30:36 PM »

I will be gone all weekend and be back Sunday night so that is when my update will come
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #899 on: February 22, 2018, 05:34:30 PM »

Do you think that now, since we're at a transition point as the early primaries come to an end and we get into the meat of the primaries, we could get a more in-depth review of our campaigns? Some kind of media article or something that says what are campaigns have been doing well, how messaging has been received, and what our paths to victory are?

I kinda agree with this
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 46  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies