WPA Intelligence (Cruz Internal): Cruz +18
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:45:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  WPA Intelligence (Cruz Internal): Cruz +18
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: WPA Intelligence (Cruz Internal): Cruz +18  (Read 1999 times)
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2018, 01:40:53 PM »

Junk poll, though Cruz is likely to be favored to win reelection. 53-44% would be my prediction right now.

So you think the perfect candidate in a wave election is going to do 4% better than a nobody in 2012? Ok, lol.

O'Rourke is hardly the "perfect candidate", lol. He's vastly overrated here, not that TX Dems have too many better choices. But I agree with your point in general.

The only candidates I think you could make a case for being better than O'Rourke are the Castros, speaking of vastly overrated.

Are we talking realistic candidates, or ideal candidates? If you mean the former I agree (I'd rather have O'Rourke than the Castros, who I agree are also overrated) but he is far from "perfect" if we're talking ideal.

Yeah, I meant perfect in the sense that he's a great candidate and the best we've got in Texas, not that if you designed a Democrat in a lab to beat Cruz you'd end up with O'Rourke. I see how my initial post could imply that, though.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2018, 09:10:27 PM »

O'Rourke might as well be a nobody from 2012, most people in Texas don't even know who he is. Although he did have some negative press lately because he said all young people should have to serve their country for at least a year, which he then sharply took back after negative feedback:

https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/orourke-backs-off-mandatory-year-of-service-idea-after-criticism
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies