Game of throne game
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:13:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Game of throne game
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Game of throne game  (Read 779 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 02, 2018, 04:13:05 PM »

I'm for now very busy but I should be available after the end of this month.

I wanted to know if there is anyone who is considering starting a GoT game. Because I miss it a lot!
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 04:52:47 PM »

I'd be interested
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 10:05:39 AM »

Very interested party here...
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 02:46:02 PM »

I would like to play one, certainly. I completely rule out hosting one during the next few weeks though.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 03:23:35 PM »

I would be willing to host one, but I have 0 competence in hosting a game sadly
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2018, 03:36:47 PM »

If someone is willing to explain me how hosting a game works, I would be willing to host one in February-March.
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 03:44:49 PM »

If someone is willing to explain me how hosting a game works, I would be willing to host one in February-March.

You set up a set of rules and then you specify the length of a turn (a week IRL for a month in-game, for example). Afterwards, you just have fun.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2018, 03:50:39 PM »

You set up a set of rules and then you specify the length of a turn (a week IRL for a month in-game, for example). Afterwards, you just have fun.

I say this just to establish the context of Windjammer's question, but we've hosted several GoT games already (three based on the War of the Five Kings, one on Robert's Rebellion and one on Aegon's Conquest), all of which have managed an interesting degree of detail and complexity. It is not an easy task by any means, which is what Windjammer (well aware of the games we've played so far) is pointing out at.

If there really isn't anyone willing to host one I could in theory, but I say "a few weeks" because I am handling Alea Iacta Est and Forward?, and unless one of those (if not both) ends I cannot do something as irresponsible as hosting a third game (my head would explode).

I think Dkrol would make an excellent GM, he had attempted to host one before I came forward with "The Iron Throne".
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2018, 03:57:32 PM »

I say this just to establish the context of Windjammer's question, but we've hosted several GoT games already (three based on the War of the Five Kings, one on Robert's Rebellion and one on Aegon's Conquest), all of which have managed an interesting degree of detail and complexity. It is not an easy task by any means, which is what Windjammer (well aware of the games we've played so far) is pointing out at.

If there really isn't anyone willing to host one I could in theory, but I say "a few weeks" because I am handling Alea Iacta Est and Forward?, and unless one of those (if not both) ends I cannot do something as irresponsible as hosting a third game (my head would explode).

I think Dkrol would make an excellent GM, he had attempted to host one before I came forward with "The Iron Throne".

While I'm flattered by the compliment from the master of GMing, I'm not in a place in my life to make such a committment. I'm moving to London for four months in a few weeks and simply won't have the time to host such a game. Maybe when I get back in May, but no way I could do it now.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2018, 04:10:51 PM »

Alright,
As I have no experience in hosting games, I will instead seek the Assistant GM position when Lumine will be available for a GoT game (if he agrees obviously)
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2018, 07:32:58 AM »

I think I could possibly manage hosting a game after our Roman one finishes if people were interested?

My idea is quite specific; I could either go into more detail here or start a new thread. I mentioned it on an earlier one; it would have much more politicking less warring, be more small scale, and centre on House Frey!
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2018, 03:45:25 PM »

I think I could possibly manage hosting a game after our Roman one finishes if people were interested?

My idea is quite specific; I could either go into more detail here or start a new thread. I mentioned it on an earlier one; it would have much more politicking less warring, be more small scale, and centre on House Frey!

That's sounds interesting, and an idea I too wanted to try. The premise of my idea was that Robb Stark managed to get Walder Frey during the Red Wedding.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2018, 09:13:47 PM »

I had a similar idea that was based almost entirely in king's landing, and based more on court intrigue. I think that could be far more manageable.
Swedge
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2018, 09:15:39 AM »

Im up for playing Smiley
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2018, 03:49:41 PM »

Should I end up hosting one in the near future (and seeing as there is interest), I'll be accepting ideas for a set-up. I want to avoid the War of the Five Kings because I've hosted three different games in that context, so if someone has an idea (outside from the ideas of Garlan and Leonardo, which are obviously theirs to execute if they want to) I'm happy to hear it.

Myself I'm interested in the Dance of the Dragons, the War of the Ninepenny Kings and Robert's Rebellion.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2018, 07:11:10 PM »

The Dance of dragons is interesting as it seems to me there are so many potential coalitions. Although it is important that the player that play the 2 claimants are well known for their wit and are active, as they will have a major role. If for example a dumbass manages to have one of this post, it is over and there is no purpose.

Additionnally, as I love playing the Tyrells and that it won't be possible, I will seek the Assistant GM office if that is possible Lumine.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2018, 06:37:27 PM »

Upshot to ninepenny kings is it features a pretty decent chunk of the cast from the series; the Lannisters all have a lot to do as well as the Targaryens and basically every principal characters grandfather I other relation. Hoster Tully and the Blackfish especially were a featured in it along with Jon Arryn. Most of Aerys kingsguard were active at this time and there are other major events, such as the Castamere stuff, Kingswood brotherhood, and eventual defiance of duskendale... some other big events but they escape me now...
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2018, 06:41:03 PM »
« Edited: January 08, 2018, 07:29:19 PM by leonardothered »

Also depending on when you start, the tragedy of summerhall may not have yet occurred, meaning Aegon the Unlikely and Ser Duncan the tall would be alive, as the ninepenny kings starts just after their deaths iirc

Aerys had some crazy ideas at this time that could also be fun to explore, like raising a new wall north of the old one and claiming the land between... Cheesy

If I hosted another game, it would be Diplomacraft: The North, which I hosted before but some players became inactive. Each player picks a family of the North(or makes a new one) and then manages their own house by creating its members, going pretty deep into statecraft and actual resource management and such as well. Your population grows and decreases, monetary gains increase and decrease, you set up trade routes and such. Each area has its strengths and weaknesses and I pull from a huge table of random events that range from local, like a small rebellion or bandit ring, to global, such as famine or foreign invasion. We were just gearing up for a big Bolton/Stark war when things went awry and the Wildlings were getting pretty uppity as well. I'd want someone to help me run it though, I'm not one for numbers and figuring, so they'd be in charge of updating the various house stats through excel.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2018, 02:55:34 AM »

Also depending on when you start, the tragedy of summerhall may not have yet occurred, meaning Aegon the Unlikely and Ser Duncan the tall would be alive, as the ninepenny kings starts just after their deaths iirc

Aerys had some crazy ideas at this time that could also be fun to explore, like raising a new wall north of the old one and claiming the land between... Cheesy

If I hosted another game, it would be Diplomacraft: The North, which I hosted before but some players became inactive. Each player picks a family of the North(or makes a new one) and then manages their own house by creating its members, going pretty deep into statecraft and actual resource management and such as well. Your population grows and decreases, monetary gains increase and decrease, you set up trade routes and such. Each area has its strengths and weaknesses and I pull from a huge table of random events that range from local, like a small rebellion or bandit ring, to global, such as famine or foreign invasion. We were just gearing up for a big Bolton/Stark war when things went awry and the Wildlings were getting pretty uppity as well. I'd want someone to help me run it though, I'm not one for numbers and figuring, so they'd be in charge of updating the various house stats through excel.

That idea sounds very interesting as well, I'd love to try it.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2018, 07:29:40 PM »

I fixed my image ;}
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2018, 11:10:56 PM »

As promised, I will be hosting the sixth ASOIAF Game since Clash of Kings back in 2014. After consulting some ideas with Windjammer, the new set up has been decided. Much like "The Lion and the Rose" used an alternate scenario, this game will start right after a different Battle of the Trident, in the midst of Robert's Rebellion.

The sign-up thread will come soon, but I leave you with the new title:

The Death of Kings.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies