A New Blue Dog For America's Health!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:17:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  A New Blue Dog For America's Health!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Poll
Question: Thoughts so far?
It's great
It's good
It's okay
it's bad
it's awful
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: A New Blue Dog For America's Health!  (Read 8976 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 02, 2018, 05:08:00 PM »

on June 12th, 2007, after winning a quite historic victory in 2006 for a democrat in his state, Governor Phil Bredesen of Tennessee decided to make an announcement in front of the TN state capital building in Nashville.

"Hello, Tennessee. It's fun to be seeing you all and watching you all. Last year, We all won big against my opponent, whom I still very much respect and see as a very great person. I won every single county. I still cannot thank you enough for that honor. Bills that I have approved and guarantee will help Tennessee are going to pass during this year. When I hear people say that a recession may hit very soon, I say this: bring it on. Our state has been projected to thrive and continue to thrive even if a recession hits, so I want to say thank you, Tennessee, thank you for giving me this incredible chance! Now, for the real thing I want to discuss about why I'm here and why I'm bringing all of you out here today."

"The man who is currently in the white house is a buffoon, there is no doubt about that. Under him, our credibility has been destroyed, the surplus that President Clinton had created, Gone! Our economy, gone! Bush has perhaps been one of the worst presidents in History. However, he is not the one I am most afraid, as he will leave next year. Instead, I am afraid of my Party's future. So far in the Democratic primaries, I only like one candidate and that is Senator Hillary Clinton of New York though I do want to ask why she ran for Senator in New York but not in Arkansas, which was where she and her Husband Bill was from. We also have Joe Biden, a strong mix of Conservative and progressive, running but here is not great enough to serve you. John Edwards, we all remember how well he preformed in 2004 with Kerry."

"My biggest problem, however, is Senator Barrack Obama of Illinois. Now don't construe my word and try to make me racist for saying I don't like him. I simply don't trust his policies. He wants to raise the corporate tax rates, which will kill even more businesses here. He wants to not give tax cuts, which will be ludicrous as Tax cuts has always, and I do mean always, helped the economy. Look at Ronald Regean and Bill's presidencies. The economy thrived because of tax cuts and lowering the corporate tax rates and Obama wants to do the opposite? To be frank, if he wins, this may as well become the center standing of the party, something I do not want. That's why, I am officially announcing my Candidacy for the Democratic Nomination for President in 2008. I hope to see all of you on the campaign trail. May god bless you all!"

The day after, the website PhilBredesenfor2008. com was launched in which he would give campaign videos and campaign announcements if he felt it was important enough. From the rest of June to September 1st, he would make constant campaign speeches on being a blue dog and listing out the ideas of Bill Clinton as the "true idea for what a blue dog Democrat could truly be like." He rejected the invitations to participate in the debates in the months of June, July, and August to build up his campaign and support. He choose his own Lt. Governor, John Shelton Wilder, to be the campaign manager and give him tips to help him win the Primaries.

He would also Constantly attack Barrack Obama on his policies and ideas. He would indeed accept the invitation for the September primary and campaigned in the key states of Neveda, Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Georgia, where he received warm welcome and cheers from the candidates. On August 29th, He created his official campaign slogan "A New Blue Dog for America's Health." while also creating his own National Campaign poster. By the end of August, he was clearly catching up in the polls, standing at 17% to Obama's 25% and Hillary's 40% standing in the polls. With that, he would begin prepping himself for the first Debate that he would be in. But that is enough for now. Next will be the beginning of the Republican primaries.

Phil's Campaign Poster for the Democractic Nomination in 2008, first created in August

Thoughts so far? This is my first TL, so please go easy on me as I'm not as experienced as some of the other heavyweights that are here.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 05:12:28 PM »

nah, I want the senate seat.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 05:14:49 PM »

Ha. Nothing like bringing current events in a alternative Election timeline to make it fun!
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 05:46:16 PM »

Mmmm
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 05:47:53 PM »

Thoughts?
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2018, 05:48:26 PM »

Me gusta Smiley) but fr this is a good timeline my dude
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2018, 05:53:06 PM »

Thank you. Funny thing is, I never even heard of Phil Breseden before last year when I watched an LTE detailing him vs Trump. When I looked up information on him and see him saying that the DEMs should go back to being Centrist, I realized that he is a great Blue Dog to run, with little to no scandals and a very successful Governorship to boot. I just wonder why he didn't run in 2008 or 2016. He would've surely won in a Landslide. That's why I wrote this.

Just wait until you hear who'll join the GOP Primaries TTL. Will try to make the next update either Tomorrow or the day after.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2018, 07:28:56 PM »

Montpelier, Vermont
July 21st, 2007

Today, Governor Jim Douglas of Vermont has stated that he has making is making a big announcement pertaining his entire Political career outside of being Governor. It is time for that announcement:

"Citizens of the great state of Vermont, I want to thank you for allowing me to be your governor for these 4 great years. These last few years have been a learning experience for all of us. But onto my biggest point as to creating this Announcement. I am stating that I will be officially running for the Republican Nomination for President of the United States in 2008. You may be asking "Jim, why are you doing this now? Election season is literally around the corner!" I want to say that I've looked at the current Republican Nominees so far. All of them are very dreadful and I fear what might happen if they win the Primaries and General. John McCain especially."

"Then, there is the Democrats. Edwards, Obama, and Hillary are my biggest concern. Imagine what they would do if they won, which, if it's against McCain, they surely will. This country will become a disaster zone. I want to serve Vermont the best way I can and how else can I do that than by running for Office. I hope to receive all of your votes. Thank you."

Only a few hours later, the website JimDouglas .com appeared online and it is from this place that Jim Douglas practically runs his campaign. He worked hard from July to September, rejecting the Republican debates for those months so he could work up on his polling and support.Proving to be very popular among younger Republican voters, he achieved a healthy lead of 43% to McCain's 37% and Mike Huckabee's 11% (The two biggest candidates other than Douglas for the Republican Nomination). During August, he would campaign heavily in Nevada, Vermont, New Hampshire, New York, Michigan, and Illinois, hoping to appeal to the Libertarians and youth republicans in the states, which he was able to. By the first Republican debate, he had a good lead of 47% to John McCain's 30%, Huckabee's 16%, and Mitt Romney's 5%. In the debate, he would attack mainly Romney, saying "The Republican party doesn't need a pancake to be it's nominee. You can't make up your mind on specific issues and that's why most people who were sane would never vote for you."

Despite staying very on message and keeping true to his policies, Polls showed that 53% of people that John McCain had won the debate due to him not attacking anyone and using his cool collectiveness to answer his questions while only 37% of people thought Jim had won the debate. The Day After the debate, however, Mitt Romney did drop out, disgraced by Jim and his support reaching a low of just .2%. With Romney out of the race, Jim began to Focus on the remaining candidates, meanwhile he began to take jabs at Barrack Obama, Hillary Clinton, and, a surprise that no-one really expected, Phil Bredesen in an attempt to raise his own approval from Republicans. Against McCain, it was a tight race and Jim would have to fight all of the year in order to get the Nomination and come October, he would have his ammunition.

Current Republican Primary Polling:
John McCain (R-AZ) - 42%
Jim Douglas (R-VT) - 38%
Mike Huckabee (R-AR) - 17%
Undecided - 3%

Thoughts on update #2?
WestVegeta
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -2.43

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2018, 12:14:35 AM »

I'm really digging it so far but Jesus H. Christ is Phil's campaign poster an eyesore. That's my only complaint.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2018, 01:06:39 PM »

Update #3: The Blue Dog takes control and Jim's Ammunition

on September 19th, Phil Bredesen would enter the debating stage with Senator Barrack Obama, Former Vice President John Edwards, and Senator Hillary Clinton. The biggest question in the debate was how each candidate would fix the economy once it went into a recession, which was projected to be any month now. While the other three Candidates answered the traditional Democratic way, Phil went for more centrist ideals. He stated that the Economy needs businesses and investment to stay around to survive. He announced that if he became a corporate tax rate from anywhere between 20-24% and have a three tax range bracket, with each class being respectfully titled to a specific bracket. 20% (Lower Class) 24% (Middle Class) 28% (Upper Class). He would even give a respectable answer when he was asked if the Blue Dogs were out of touch with modern day democrats. He simply said "Listen. I know Blue Dogs are not really much liked by the liberals and progressives of this country. However, the last Blue Dog that we had as president gave us a gigantic economic boost and made us a true beacon of hope and liberty not seen since. I'm a Bill Clinton Blue Dog. I will take what is asked of me and try my hardest to fix it entirely.". After the Debate, CNN did a poll to see who they thought won the debate and the answers shocked everyone:

Who won the recent September 19th Democratic Debate?

Bredesen: 47%
Clinton: 31%
Obama: 15%
Edwards: 5%
Undecided: 2%

After his astounding rating the debate poll, Bredesen would adopt his economic ideals into his main campaign strategy while he also focused on Foreign policy, Health care, Terrorism, and Immigration as side issues stating that he would prefer to keep troops in Iraq and Afghanistan until he was completely sure that they were 100% stable while for Pakistan, he took Obama's policy of drone striking their territories that house terrorists by stating "For all we know, Osama could be hiding there and they're protecting him. If we have significant evidence, I think we all agree when I say this "Screw your borders, we're going in there to take care of that son of a bitch!" in New York City itself, with him being met with massive praise by the citizens located there.

He would also campaign on letting small Health Care companies compete statewide as, in his words, "Nothing creates better health care or a better anything than when it's competing with a rival that's in the same market." in Arizona. On terrorism, he took a hard line stance and stated that a terrorist threat would not be taken lightly, but he would request the repeal of the PATRIOT Act as it invaded the life of a private citizen for America. He would create a list of the most likely terrorists and have all of them be scoped out by the CIA from 4 moths to a year until they are absolutely sure who is the biggest threat/real terrorist and then they will be apprehended. Finally, for Immigration, he took a surprising stance stating that there needed to be easier legalization process, a long fence from California to Texas, a Deportation fro any Illegals in the country. For those who have been deported more than once, they would serve jail time for 4 months before being deported back to show that when someone is deported, they should learn to be legalized first before coming back, For illegal immigrants who committed crimes, they will not be deported, depending on the crime, and will serve a lengthy sentence in prison, depending on the crime.

On December 23rd, Edwards and the candidates except for Obama and Clinton dropped out due to the three being seen as the big trio in the primary that none could really overcome. On New Years day, 2008, a poll was hosted by Real Clear Politics to show who was in the lead and the results showed a close three way race. A followup poll was held in Iowa, who's caucus was only 2 days away, and it showed it being close between, surprisingly enough, Obama and Bredesen while Hillary was Left Behind.

RCP: Democratic Primary Polling (National)

Bredesen: 39%
Obama: 37%
Clinton: 22%

RCP: Democratic Primary Polling (Iowa)

Bredesen: 46%
Obama: 42%
Clinton: 10%

However, it is now time to flip over to the Republican Primary, as Jim Douglas of Vermont has now begun to crush McCain after being Close for a solid month. During the October 28th debate, Douglas mentioned John's history including his short run for 2000 Republican Nomination and his quite large defeat as well as his performance against the christian conservatives of the GOP in Virginia saying that if McCain once lost to Bush of all people, why the hell did he have a chance against someone like Hillary, Obama, or Bredesen (it was widely accepted at this time that Bredesen could become the Democrat's front runner for 2008 by the GOP). Of course, he didn't just focus on attacking McCain. He announced that he would raise the Corporate Tax Rate to 25% and to tariff any company leaving because of the high tax rate because, as he said, "We need money and these corporations have the money. If they move away, we put high tariffs on they're products until they return here. It's just as simple as that."

Despite McCain's best Attempts to revive his candidacy during the debate and keep himself as a respectable man, he failed to do sure the and the day after the debate, Fox News posted a poll asking which Candidate won the debate to the audience. The results were what were expected for McCain, but surprisingly, Mike Huckabee of Arkansas was performing amazingly in the polls.

Who do you think won Last Night's Debate?

Douglas: 47%
Huckabee: 43%
McCain: 4%
Undecided: 6%

After the debate, McCain would try desperately to regain support but after the December 12th Debate, his death notice was signed. Meanwhile, Both Douglas and Huckabee would continuously fight for top bracket on the Republican polling, with Douglas announcing that he would enact an affordable act for the entire nation for Healthcare, allow lax Immigration control, increase tariffs, and keep Taxes where they are, and finally he promised to pull out all troops from both Iraq and Afghanistan by 2010 if he was elected president. At the same time as this, Huckabee focused on his own conservative ideas, calling Douglas a RINO and stating that if Regean was still alive, he would immediately disown Douglas from how Liberal he was. He launched the same vocal points that Phil Bredesen of the Democrats would use except that, much like Douglas, he promised to raise taxes on the upper class so they would be the ones that pays for the Economy, not the people any longer. On January 1st, RCP held both a National Poll and a Poll in Iowa for the GOP along with the Democrats in the primaries. Due to his poor performance in Both polls, McCain would drop out the next day, endorsing Jim Douglas for the Nomination. His suopporters did not follow his wishes and instead became a part of the undecided vote. Now a Hotly Contested Race between the two, RCP did a poll just a few hours after McCain dropped out on who the Republican Base supports more Now.

RCP: Republican Primary Polling (National) on January 1st

Douglas: 48%
Huckabee: 46%
McCain: 4%

RCP: Republican Primary Polling (Iowa) on January 1st

Huckabee: 48%
Douglas: 46%
McCain: 3%
Undecided: 3%

RCP: Republican Primary Polling (National) on January 2nd

Douglas: 48%
Huckabee: 46%

RCP: Republican Primary Polling (Iowa) on January 2nd

Huckabee: 48%
Douglas: 46%

Next update will feature the first four primary states, the fall of Clinton, and the continuing war for control of the GOP between Huckabee and Douglas. Until then, please give me thoughts in criticisms.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2018, 01:07:28 PM »

I'm really digging it so far but Jesus H. Christ is Phil's campaign poster an eyesore. That's my only complaint.

Making a presidential Campaign poster online is hard.
MycroftCZ

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2018, 01:38:26 PM »

YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2018, 01:40:32 PM »

Making a presidential Campaign poster online is hard.
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2018, 03:16:13 PM »

Typo, or something to be revealed in the future?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2018, 03:17:21 PM »

Only time will tell. *devil Emoji thing*
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2018, 06:34:13 PM »

Update #4: The First 4 Primaries - GOP Dead Heat and the Fall of Clinton Part I

On January 3rd, the three Candidates for the Democratic party campaigned across Iowa to earn their votes, using every trick that they knew and talking about every Issue they had a policy on. At 3:30 PM, they stopped campaigning and sat down in their own homes to await results once the polls closed. The early preliminary results did not look good for Hillary Clinton and once the polls actually began to close, It became clear that Bredesen and Obama would be the top two contenders and for the Next few hours, it seemed to Close to Call between the two until, finally, at 11:34 PM EST, Phil Bredesen was declared the winner of Iowa. Phil would walk out of the place where he was staying at in Des Moines and would think each and everyone of his supporters publicly. Despite the closeness of the State, it became a clear sign to Clinton that she was not as popular as she was earlier in the race while to Obama it made him think and begin to work Harder and Harder to win a state, hoping that his message for Change can finally bring over enough supporters so that he can win the Nomination over Bredesen.

Iowa Caucus Results (D) [45 Delegates]Sad/color]
Bredesen: 56.7% (23 Delegates)
Obama:41.1%(22 Delegates)
Clinton: 2.7%

Following the Iowa Caucus, the Candidates shifted their focus to New Hampshire in order to claim some delegates there. Hillary Clinton especially tried after her abysmal performance in the Democratic Iowa Caucus that saw her not gain a single delegate. The 1st Democratic Debate of the year on January 5th was brutal, but in the end, Bredesen was seen as the perceived winner, continuously talking about his idea rather than the Change that Obama kept talking about but never really specifying about and Clinton's continuous Hawkish attitudes. By the time the New Hampshire Caucus rolled around, it was clear Hillary would not be able to receive a single delegate once again due to New Hampshire being considered safe Bredesen territory after his spectacular Performance in the Debate. The Early Call for the state and all of it's Delegates for him proved this rumor and with it, Phil Continued to be seen as the New Front runner in the current Democratic National polling.

New Hampshire Primary Results (D) [22 Delegates]:
Bredesen: 79.7% (22 Delegates)
Obama: 13.4%
Clinton: 6.9%

After the embarrassing loss in New Hampshire, both Obama and Clinton prepped themselves and strongly went for Nevada, visiting every area that they could in the state to as get as much support as possible. However, Bredesen simply went to Campaign in South Carolina, Florida, and Maine as he Knew he wouldn't get much support from the state even he fought mightily there. When the polls closed in the state, It was clear that Clinton and Obama would be the two main contenders in the race. Finally, the state was called for Obama at 12:03 AM EST, 3 hours after it closed, giving him a enough Delegates to keep him a top tier contender in the Race while Hillary had finally gotten a handful of Candidates that she could now use as a way to expand to boost herself from.

Nevada Caucuses Result (D) [25 Delegates]Sad/color]
Obama: 44.7% (13 Delegates)
Clinton: 40.2% (11 Delegates)
Bredesen: 15.1% (1 Delegate)

Despite Everything, Hillary was still lagging behind the Charismatic Obama and the true Blue Dog Phil Bredesen, who was able to surprisingly gain another delegate from Nevada despite never really campaigning there except for a few times in late 2007. Following this beacon of Hope, both Obama and Hillary ran for South Carolina in a hope that they could make it competitive enough that Phil wouldn't be in the 100 mark in February when the next batch of Delegates are assigned. Despite Vigorous Campaigning, it was for naught as Bredesen was the favorite to win in South Carolina hte day before the Nevada Primary, it being a very early call for Bredesen after just an hour.

South Carolina Primary (D) [45 Delegates]
Bredesen: 71.3% (33 Delegates)
Clinton: 17.1% (12 Delegates
Obama: 11.6%

After the South Carolina primary, Many News Networks switched Hillary and Obama from being the Democratic front runner to Breseden, stating that a New Blue Dog is actually taking the lead and asking if this was going to be a new Bill Clinton-like Presidency if Breseden won the General election and the Primary Election. Phil was widely gracious for receiving the large number of Delegates that no one expected him to get in the first month of Delegate counting. Hillary and Obama decided to cut their losses with Florida, which was sure to go to Breseden by a healthy margin just like South Carolina and New Hampshire to campaign in separate states and Michigan. Hillary would Campaign in Maine while Obama would Campaign in Arizona. Phil would heavily campaign in Florida, Michigan, Arizona, and Maine to raise his support and gain more delegates to win the Nomination"

Democratic Primaries so far for 2008 results:
Breseeden: 79 Delegates
Obama: 45 Delegates
Clinton: 23 Delegates

The Republican Party was a much tighter race, however. In the Iowa caucus, the state was declared too close too call as both Douglas and Huckabee had put their greatest effort in the state. The state would of course be seen this way due to John McCain's popularity with Evangelicals until he dropped out. The undecided voters were the ones who actually decided the state with Huckabee winning the state by a big enough margin to get a decent chunk of it's 40 delegates to start off 2008 with.

Iowa Caucus Results (R) [40 Delegates]Sad/color]
Huckabee: 58.5% (25 Delegates)
Douglas: 41.5% (15 Delegates)

Following the moderate victory over Douglas, Huckabee would begin to Heavily campaign in the south in order to raise up his base to vote for him, Primarily in Missouri, Arkansas (his home state) and South Carolina while Douglas, already very popular for the Republicans in New England and New Hampshire, which was where the next primary was to take place, focused on the states of Florida, Minnesota, and Colorado to gain more supporters in the state and to prep for the primary votes in those states. When New Hampshire closed it's polls, 5 days after a tie between the two in the most recent debate, it didn't come as a shock to learn that Douglas had won all the delegates from New Hampshire.

New Hampshire Primary results (R) [12 Delegates{was 24}]Sad/color]
Douglas: 76.4% (12 Delegates)
Huckabee: 23.6%

After New Hampshire, it was clear that Huckabee would be able to take South Carolina, just like how everyone knew that Douglas would take New Hampshire with ease. Despite that, Douglas shifted focus on Both South Carolina and Florida almost entirely, hoping to win over enough youths to at least  make the state a lean Huckabee state rather than a Strong one. By the day polls closed, however, it was clear who the winner was. Huckabee was declared the winner of South Carolina and a majority of it's 24 Delegates, still, however, Douglas was able to put on a strong performance and was able to gain some delegates for himself before he was outnumbered by Huckabee's delegate count.

South Carolina Primary Results (R) [24 Delegates{Was 47}]Sad/color]
Huckabee: 74.6% (16 Delegates)
Douglas: 25.4% (8 Delegates)

After South Carolina, both candidates then brought a total of 86% of all it's resources to campaign in Florida in order to carry the state. In Race to the White House Season 2 Episode 1, Florida is stated as being "The toughest Primary state that we went into." by the Campaign of both Candidates in the 2008 General Election. It was perhaps the closest of the races in the January primaries and the reason why it was fought over so much was because both candidates believed that if one of them won Florida in a big enough margin, they would continue to win the rest of the primaries. However, in a race like this, unknown can cause even the strangest thing to happen. After an entire day of counting votes, at 8:42 PM on February 1st, Jim Douglas was declared the winner of the Republican Primary in Florida, it was till especially close, however.

Florida Primary Results (R) [57{was 114}]Sad/color]
Douglas: 54.6% (31 Delegates)
Huckabee: 45.4% (26 Delegates)
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2018, 06:35:17 PM »

Update #4: The First 4 Primaries - GOP Dead Heat and the Fall of Clinton Part II

After an entire month of fighting the Republican delegate count so far was 66 Delegates for Jim Douglas and 67 Delegates for Mike Huckabee. Being one of the closest end-of-month results in history, both Candidates realized they would have to try their all in the next few months or the idea of a brokered convention could very well happen. Jim Douglas,, who was constantly being called a RINO by Republicans like President George W. Bush and John Kasich, was using his large amount of supporters in the youth margin to carry several states that his campaign deemed very critical for him to win while Huckabee focused on his home region, knowing that if he was going to win the primaries, it was by sticking to his roots. The Primary would remain very close that even by the end of it, no one would really know who the true winner was.

Republican Primaries So Far:
Huckabee: 67 Delegates
Douglas: 66 Delegates

In update #5, Hillary suffers one last defeat that causes her to consider continuing running and could the Republican deadlock finally approach a great end in the February and March Primaries?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2018, 10:40:00 AM »
« Edited: January 04, 2018, 11:16:02 AM by New Tennessean Politician »

Update #5: Hillary's future Candidacy and Republican Deadlock's short end Part I

Following the primary in South Carolina, both Obama and Hillary left Florida to Phil, knowing all to well that since he won South Carolina in a large margin, he would win Florida by a large margin as well. Still, Phil campaigned in that state as well as Michigan and Maine to raise support for himself in those states. When the polls closed on January 31st for the Republican and Democratic primaries in Florida, many knew who the state would go to for Democrats and truth be told, within an hour, Florida was given to Phil Bredesen with the large margin that he was told he was going to win by. Still, it was close enough that both Obama and Hillary were able to get some delegates from it.

Florida primary results (D) [211 Delegates (22 of those being Super delegates)]Sad/color]
Bredesen: 60.5% (185 Delegeates and 12 Super Delegates)
Hillary: 21.4% (20 Delegates and 8 Super Delegates)
Obama: 18.1% (6 Delegates and 2 Super Delegates)

After the Florida Primary, Hillary Clinton focused everything on taking Maine and Michigan while Obama put all of his focus on Arizona and Michigan, both full knowing that if Phil won both by the same margins he won in Florida, New Hampshire, and South Carolina, he would win the Primaries with ease after Super Tuesday. From February 1st to February 26th, Hillary would put everything into Maine to win the state and it's 32 Delegates. Phil would campaign in both that state and Michigan as both of them knew they wouldn't have a chance against Barrack Obama in Arizona. The polls in Maine showed a tight race between the two when February 26th when the polls there closed but within 20 minutes, Hillary took such a large lead that she won it just 5 minutes later. It was still a hotly contested primary and because of that, Hillary realized that now, she would have to fight for Michigan or consider her Candidacy.

Maine Caucus results (D) [32 Delegates {8 of which are super delegates}]Sad/color]
Clinton: 63.5% (19 Delegates and 7 Super Delegates)
Bredesen: 26.3% (12 Delegates and 4 Super Delegates)
Obama: 10.2% (1 Delegates and 1 Super Delegate)

Following the Maine Caucus, all three candidates made a mad dash for Michigan, as Arizona had been declared a reliably safe Obama state by Real Clear Politics and CNN but Michigan was still very much a battleground state. The February 26th Debate would decide the winner of Michigan and Phil relied on his tactics of a Centrist Presidency that will bring back jobs while Obama constantly talked about Change though he didn't specify what the change would be about. Hillary, however, would use the debate to attempt to slander both Obama and Bredesen and while attacks worked on Obama, Bredesen was able to brush them off and due to that, Michigan was a too early to call state with Bredesen having a 18 point lead over Hillary and 9 point lead over Obama. In Arizona, however, it was a predictable no contest with Obama winning all but 5 counties in the state.

Arizona Primary results (D) [67 Delegates {11 of which are Super delegates}]Sad/color]
Obama: 63.7% (43 Delegates and 7 Super Delegates)
Clinton: 22.1% (21 Delegates and 3 Super Delegates)
Bredesen: 15.2% (3 Delegates and 1 Super Delegate)

At the same time as Arizona, however, Michigan was very close with it's 157 Delegates, of which 29 were Super delegates, up for grabs by any of the three candidates. It was declared Too Close to Call from February 28th to March 2nd when it was finally given to Phil Bredesen after 2 days of counting votes.

Michigan Primary results (D) [157 Delegates {29 Super delegates}]Sad/color]
Bredesen: 59.4% (122 Delegates and 16 Super Delegates)
Obama: 21.4%% (4 Delegates and 10 Super Delegates)
Clinton: 19.2% (2 Delegates and 3 Super Delegates)

Reports from the Clinton Campaign say that when the news that Bredesen won Michigan, she "Went ballistic. She started throwing things at the wall and screaming that she was supposed to win Michigan and that she had fought very hard for it. After an hour of this, Bill was able to calm her down but we were still scared of her for the rest of the day." With Super Tuesday being Hillary's last real hope to stay as a real Candidate in the race, she began to consider that if she didn't break at least the 200 Delegate mark by the end of March that she would drop out. Like always, Super Tuesday had the biggest batch of Delegates for Both parties and who ever won the most states in it would usually (usually) win the Primary. Phil and Obama celebrated their victories in the two states with both being marked with Front runner status though Bredesen was still the clear front runner while Hillary was left behind in the mud. A National RCP Primary poll was held to see how all three were doing with the American public in the Primary and how well they would do against Mike Huckabee and Jim Douglas in the General. After that was done, a Delegate count was done to see how well each Candidate had performed so far.

Democratic Primary National Polling:

Bredesen: 49%
Obama: 39%
Clinton: 8%
Undecided: 4%

National Polling for A general Election between all three candidates against Republican Candidates:

Bredesen Against Huckabee
Bredesen: 58%
Huckabee: 38%

Bredesen against Douglas
Bredesen: 71%
Douglas: 19%
Undecided: 10%

Obama against Huckabee
Obama: 54%
Huckabee: 40%

Obama Against Douglas
Obama: 67%
Douglas: 23%
Undecided: 10%

Clinton Against Huckabee
Huckabee: 53%
Clinton: 43%

Clinton Against Douglas
Clinton: 59%
Douglas: 30%
Undecided: 11%

2008 Democratic Primary so far:
Bredesen: 434 Delegates (33 of them are Super Delegates)
Obama: 119 Delegates (20 Being Super Delegates)
Clinton: 106 Delegates (21 of which are Super Delegates)
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2018, 11:14:03 AM »

Update #5: Hillary's future Candidacy and Republican Deadlock's short end Part II

In the GOP, however, there still was not a clear front runner as there was only a single delegate between Jim Douglas of Vermont and Mike Huckabee of Arkansas, making it perhaps one of the closest primaries in recent history so far. The next batch of primaries was going to be in both Maine and Nevada. Both men knew that both states would be hard fought and so they campaigned in both states, sometime only a few feet from the other to rally supporters to have them vote in both states. Despite it being Initially very Close, by the 2nd hour of vote counting, is a surprise turn around, Douglas was declared the winner of both states and given the majority of their delegates. Even Fox News, who had been very supportive of Huckabee was stunned by this, thinking it was a mistake until the day afterward. The day afterward had headlines of Douglas calling him "The Great Comeback kid of Vermont" as with those two states, he was able to take a slim lead over Huckabee for a time.

Nevada Caucus results (R) [31 Delegates]Sad/color]
Douglas: 63.7% (26 Delegates)
Huckabee: 26.3% (5 Delegates)

Maine Caucus Results (R) [18 Delegates]Sad/color]
Douglas: 84.4% (15 Delegates)
Huckabee: 15.6% (3 Delegates)

After these two primaries, Huckabee in Missouri, a state he knew he could successfully carry as there was no chance he could be able to win in the more socially liberal state of Colorado and Minnesota, which would be an easy pickup for Douglas. During the February 5th Debate between the two (the last one was originally February 2nd but both agreed to one last debate), Mike Huckabee brought his Conservative ideals point across stating that by choosing Douglas, you would be choosing a RINO who would lead the Republican party to disaster in the general Election while Douglas used his more liberal points and calling Huckabee just like Bush, too conservative to really know what is on the minds of the American People. Come the Primaries for those three states, it was of course the projections everyone knew they would be and with the added Delegates, Douglas would, for a short time, have a sizable lead over Huckabee.

Minnesota Caucus results (R) [38 Delegates]Sad/color]
Douglas: 72.3% (27 Delegates)
Huckabee: 27.7% (11 Delegates)

Colorado Caucus results (R) [43 Delegates]Sad/color]
Douglas: 76.7% (39 Delegates)
Huckabee: 23.3% (4 Delegates)

Missouri "Beauty Contest" results (R) [58 Delegates]Sad/color]
Huckabee: 73.45% (40 Delegates)
Douglas: 26.55% (18 Delegates)

After these results, both Candidates went to the final three states before Super Tuesday in the states of Arizona, Michigan, and Washington. Washington was considered a safe Douglas state and Arizona a safe Huckabee state so they both made a mad dash to Michigan to get it's 30 Delegates. Despite it being a tough race in the beginning, an attack ad from Douglas hitting Huckabee and saying that his policies would quickly kick out more jobs helped him gain a large chunk of voters in Michigan. This, of course, was very false but Douglas was able to win Michigan just an hour after poll closing because of it, though on March 2nd, an issue came up. In several towns, more citizens had voted for Douglas then the population. Due to evidence of Voter Fraud here, Huckabee almost called for a recount before the Michigan board of elections declared it was too late to do a recount as the Washington Primary was closing in. Huckabee did carry Arizona with ease on the same night Douglas won Michigan and thus the race was closing up, but the Washington results showed that Huckabee would remain behind for a short time. Still, Huckabee would not get over the fact of the idea of Voter fraud in Michigan and him never having an ability to take it back.

Michigan Primary results (R) [30 Delegates {was 60}]Sad/color]
Douglas: 79.8% (27 Delegates)
Huckabee: 20.2% (3 Delegates)

Arizona Primary results (R) [50 Delegates]Sad/color]
Huckabee: 84.7% (49 Delegates)
Douglas: 15.3% (1 Delegate)

Washington Caucus Results (R) [37 Delegates]Sad/color]
Douglas: 81.3% (34 Delegates)
Huckabee: 28.7% (3 Delegates)

After the most recent Primaries, Huckabee was outnumbered by 68 Delegates and thus he began to really prepare for Super Tuesday, Very Determined to close the Gap significantly with the amount of states that are up for grabs on March 6th. Meanwhile, Douglas spent all of March 3rd celebrating with his campaign, believing that they now had the primaries in the bag and that Huckabee would never be able to catch up. When recent polling showed Huckabee ahead in every state except Massachusetts and Vermont, Douglas sprung into action and began to campiagn harshly for the state he could most likely win (Ohio and Virginia) while not bothering with the other states knowing that they were either safely under his control or were safe Huckabee states. The results of Super Tuesday for the GOP would show how close the rest of the Primary would be.

Republican Primary so far:
Douglas: 253 Delegates
Huckabee: 185 Delegates

Next Update, Super Tuesday, the results of the rest of March and April, Clinton's path ends, and the GOP still hotly contested.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2018, 07:50:37 PM »
« Edited: January 04, 2018, 07:52:33 PM by New Tennessean Politician »

Update #5: Super Tuesday, Clinton Finally Falls, and GOP race for Nomination Part I

After the failed adventure in Michigan, Hillary Clinton was still trailing Obama by 13 Delegates and was on the Highway to losing the Primary. She had to make a desperate decision and decided to shift all her focus onto 4 states for Super Tuesday: Virginia, Vermont, Minnesota, and Massachusetts. These 4 states, if she made a good margin in them or won them with a sizable enough lead, could Slingshot her to second place in the primary. Despite her best attempts, these states were very supportive of Bredesen's Blue Dog Democrat message and voted for him in record numbers and handing him of these states overwhelmingly. In a interesting turn of event, all but one of the Democratic states that were closing their polls on Super Tuesday to Breseden, giving him an even great edge over both Obama and Hillary in the Primary so far. The only state that rejected this was Massachusetts which went to Obama due to Boston and it's outer suburbs.

Massachusetts Primary Results (D) [121 Delegates{28 of which are Super Delegates}]Sad/color]
Obama: 73.5% (70 Delegates and 16 Super Delegates)
Bredesen: 16.4% (17 Delegates and 7 Super Delegates)
Clinton: 10.1% (6 Delegates and 5 Super Delegates)

Vermont Primary Results (D) [23 Delegates{8 of which are Super Delegates}]Sad/color]
Bredesen: 77.8% (12 Delegates and 6 Super Delegates)
Clinton: 13.2 (2 Delegates and 2 Super Delegates)
Obama: 9% (1 Delegate)

Virginia Primary Results (D) [101 Delegates{18 of which are Super Delegates}]Sad/color]
Bredesen: 71.4% (70 Delegates and 10 Super Delegates)
Obama: 23.6% (13 Delegates and 8 Super Delegates)
Clinton: 5%

Tennessee Primary Results (D) [85 Delegates{17 of which are Super Delegates}]Sad/color]
Bredesen: 86.7% (62 Delegates and 15 Super Delegates)
Obama: 11.2% (4 Delegates and 2 Super Delegates)
Clinton: 2.1% (2 Delegates)

Minnesota Primary Results (D) [88 Delegates{16 of which are Super Delegates}]Sad/color]
Bredesen: 73.4% (60 Delegates and 8 Super Delegates)
Obama: 21.6% (8 Delegates and 6 Super Delegates)
Clinton: 5% (4 Delegates and 2 Super Delegates)

Georgia Primary Results (D) [102 Delegates{15 of which are Super Delegates}]Sad/color]
Bredesen: 68.3% (70 Delegates and 10 Super Delegates)
Obama: 22.5% (14 Delegates and 3 Super Delegates)
Clinton: 9.2% (3 Delegates and 2 Super Delegates)

Colorado Primary Results (D) [70 Delegates{15 of which are Super Delegates}]Sad/color]
Bredesen: 65.4% (46 Delegates and 10 Super Delegates)
Obama: 23.6% (8 Delegates and 4 Super Delegate)
Clinton: 11% (1 Delegate and 1 Super Delegate)

Oklahoma Primary Results (D) [48 Delegates{ 10 of which are Super Delegates}]Sad/color]
Bredesen: 88.3% (30 Delegates and 6 Super Delegates)
Obama: 7.5% (7 Delegates and 3 Super Delegates)
Clinton: 4.2% (1 Delegate and 1 Super Delegate)

After the Humiliating performance in Super Tuesday, the Clinton campaign and Obama campaign came to a literal screeching halt with enough Delegates to run circles around both Hillary and Obama and while the GOP primary between Jim Douglas and Mike Huckabee continued to get Closer and Closer, Phil Bredesen had been determined to be a real top-spot contender for the Presidency with the amount of Delegates he had very quickly won. Hillary Clinton and Obama attempted to revitalize the Charisma they had earlier in the Primaries but the states from March 13th to March 24th ended in Misery for both of them with Hillary being the Worst to Suffer in the 6 states that appeared. After her horrid in March she decided to give a speech on April 2nd to address her campaign's future.

Hawaii Primary results (D) [29 Delegates{9 of which are Super Delegates}]Sad/color]
Obama: 62.4% (17 Delegates and 6 Super Delegates)
Clinton: 36.3% (3 Delegates and 2 Super Delegates)
Bredesen: 1.3% (1 Super Delegate)

Alabama Primary Results (D) [60 Delegates{8 of which are Super Delegates}]Sad/color]
Bredesen: 66.7% (42 Delegates and 7 Super Delegates)
Obama: 30.3% (8 Delegates and 1 Super Delegate)
Clinton: 3% (1 Delegate)

Mississippi Primary Results (D) [41 Delegates{8 of which are Super Delegates}
Bredesen: 77.5% (27 Delegates and 6 Super Delegates)
Obama: 15.5% (5 Delegates and 2 Super Delegates)
Clinton: 7% (1 Delegate)

Utah Primary Results (D) [29 Delegates {6 of which are Super Delegates}]
Bredesen: 91.8% (23 Delegates and 5 Super Delegates)
Obama: 7.2% (1 Super Delegate)
Clinton: 1%

Illinois Primary Results (D) [184 Delegates{31 of which are Super Delegates}]
Obama: 84.3% (97 Delegates and 17 Super Delegates)
Clinton: 10.3% (47 Delegates and 13 Super Delegates)
Bredesen: 6.4% (9 Delegates and 1 Super Delegate)

Louisiana Primary Results (D) [67 Delegates{11 Super Delegates}]Sad/color]
Bredesen: 93.4% (48 Delegates and 8 Super Delegates)
Clinton: 4.6% (6 Delegates and 2 Super Delegates)
Obama: 2% (2 Delegates and 1 Super Delegate)

Clinton announces she is dropping out of 2008 Democratic PrimaryFormer Democratic front runner Hillary Clinton has just announced that she is going to Drop out of the Race for the Democratic Presidential Nominee in 2008

April 2nd, 2008

"Hello, America! As you know, I haven't been doing to well in recent primaries, losing by large margins and not getting enough delegates to sustain a Viable Candidacy for the Democratic Nomination this year for the General Election. For my supporters watching at home, this is most likely not the outcome you wanted and worked for. I want to say that campaigning these past few months have been the best Months in my life so far and that meeting and talking with every last one of you has really got me feeling like I'm living a little too large. Now, as for the Delegates, my Super Delegates, and who'll I'll Endorse, I say that I want to give all three to Governor Phil Bredesen. He has proven to be an effective challenge to me and Senator Obama and with my Delegates and Endorsement, I hope he will continue to do great. Thank you for giving me this chance, this has been fantastic!"

Democratic Delegate Count Before Hillary dropped out, March 30th:
Bredesen: 1050 Delegates (133 of which are Super Delegates)
Obama: 443 Delegates (90 of Which are Super Delegates)
Clinton: 213 Delegates (53 of which are Super Delegates)
MycroftCZ

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2018, 08:47:17 PM »

Really enjoying this! Keep it up!
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2018, 08:49:17 PM »

Thank you. the 2nd part to Update #5 will come soon. What most do you like about this Timeline and what do you think could I most improve on it?
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -5.30

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2018, 09:31:16 PM »

Great Timeline. My only critique is most of these county maps with the percentage are pretty off. The Virginia one for example - Obama wins NoVa and lots of high population Northern and Central county's but only wins 26-27% of the total vote? Just a note to go forward with.

Anyway I gotta say Go Obama on this one even though I knows it's hopeless. Wink
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2018, 09:35:32 PM »

Great Timeline. My only critique is most of these county maps with the percentage are pretty off. The Virginia one for example - Obama wins NoVa and lots of high population Northern and Central county's but only wins 26-27% of the total vote? Just a note to go forward with.

Anyway I gotta say Go Obama on this one even though I knows it's hopeless. Wink

the whole vote thing is state wide percentages. Obama is barely able to win in NoVA but Bredesen runs up the margins in SoVA.

Also, thank you for the complement and yes, it is pretty much hopeless for Obama now, especially with the surprise I have planned to work against him in May (2 in fact). The republicans however will be a lot closer than you think and something you might or might not expect will happen from the final results.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2018, 10:43:42 PM »
« Edited: January 13, 2018, 10:57:46 AM by New Tennessean Politician »

Update #5: Super Tuesday, Clinton Finally Falls, and GOP race for Nomination Part II

After Hillary dropped out and endorsed Bredesen, the Primary Race suddenly became a mountain for Senator Obama of Illinois. Now Obama needed to win every state that cam in April and Maybe May in order to even have a chance at the Nomination. Phil however, was now on the cusp of victory. With the New Delegates that Hillary had given him after Leave and the sudden boost in polls, he was only 1119 Delegates away from getting the Nomination while Obama had little chance to get it unless a Major scandal hit Bredesen very soon. However, when reports came in from Tennessee that the state was actually prospering due to what Bredesen had enacted as Governor. Because of this, Bredesen was launched to have a 83% support from Democrats while 12% supported Obama and 5% remained undecided. When the states for April came in, Obama had clearly been left behind in the mud and he was suddenly the person who went from being perhaps the closest to beating a current Front runner, two in fact, to someone who was really not knowing that now was the time to give up.

Maryland Primary Results (D) [98 Delegates{28 of which are Super Delegates}]Sad/color]
Obama: 56.3% (42 Delegates and 16 Super Delegates)
Bredesen: 43.7% (28 Delegates and 12 Super Delegates)

Texas Primary Results (D) [228 Delegates{35 of which are Super Delegates}]Sad/color]
Bredesen: 73.4% (145 Delegates and 20 Super delegates)
Obama: 26.6% (48 Delegates and 15 Super Delegates)

Wisconsin Primary Results (D) [92 Delegates{18 of which are Super Delegates}]Sad/color]
Bredesen: 79.4% (68 Delegates and 12 Super Delegates)
Obama: 20.6% (6 Delegates and 6 Super Delegates)

Alaska Primary Results (D) [17 Delegates{4 of which are Super Delegates}]Sad/color]
Bredesen: 95% (13 Delegates and 4 Super Delegates)
Obama: 5%

Idaho Primary Results (D) [23 Delegates{5 of which are Super Delegates}]Sad/color]Bredesen: 85.7% (16 Delegates and 3 Super Delegates)
Obama: 14.3% (2 Delegates and 2 Super Delegates)

Kansas Primary Results (D) [41 Delegates{9 of which are Super Delegates}]Sad/color]
Bredesen: 76.3% (30 Delegates and 6 Super Delegates)
Obama: 23.7% (2 Delegates and 3 Super Delegates)

Nebraska Primary results (D) [31 Delegates{7 Super Delegates}]Sad/color]
Bredesen: 92.3% (20 Delegates and 5 Super Delegates)
Obama: 7.7% (4 Delegates and 2 Super Delegates)

Wyoming Primary Results (D) [18 Delegates{6 of which are Super Delegates}]Sad/color]
Bredesen: 72.5% (7 Delegates and 4 Super Delegates)
Obama: 27.5% (5 Delegates and 2 Super Delegates)

Washington Primary Results (D) [97 Delegates{19 of which are Super Delegates}]Sad/color]
Bredesen: 83.6% (59 Delegates and 12 Super Delegates)
Obama: 16.4% (19 Delegates and 7 Super Delegates)

Pennslyvania Primary Results (D) [187 Delegates{29 of Which are Super Delegates}]Sad/color]
Bredesen: 77.3% (137 Delegates and 23 Super Delegates)
Obama: 22.7% (21 Delegates and 6 Super Delegates)

Delaware Primary Results (D) [23 Delegates{8 of which are Super Delegates}]Sad/color]
Obama: 96.2% (15 Delegates and 8 Super Delegates)
Bredesen: 3.8%

New York Primary Results (D) [281 Delegates{49 of which are Super Delegates}]Sad/color]
Obama: 63.7% (157 Delegates and 32 Super Delegates)
Bredesen: 36.3% (75 Delegates and 17 Super Delegates)

Connecticut Primary Results (D) [60 Delegates{12 of which are Super Delegates}]Sad/color]
Bredesen: 83.9% (40 Delegates and 8 Super Delegates)
Obama: 16.1% (8 Delegates and 4 Super Delegates)

Rhode Island Primary Results (D) [33 Delegates{12 of Which are Super Delegates}]Sad/color]
Bredesen: 82.1% (19 Delegates and 9 Super Delegates)
Obama: 17.9% (2 Delegates and 3 Super Delegates)

State of Democratic Primaries in April of 2008:
Bredesen: 2050 Delegates (321 of which are Super Delegates)
Obama: 870 Delegates (196 of which are Super Delegates)

In the most recent state of the Democratic Primaries, it was clear that the biggest and clearest victor was Phil Bredesen of Tennessee who was Leading Obama by 1180 Delegates and was only 332 Delegates away from becoming the Nominee thank to Hillary's delegate donation after She dropped. Obama's hope would finally end with the Dual Bombshell that would hit in May. Meanwhile, the Republican Primary for 2008 was still hotly contested between Huckabee and Jim Dougals. Both Candidates were at each other throats and it was widely believed that even after the Republican states closed their polls on Super Tuesday, the Race would still be close to pick a real Front Runner.

Alaksa Primary Results (R) [26 Delegates]Sad/color]
Huckabee: 82.5% (24 Delegates)
Douglas: 17.5% (2 Delegates)

Oklahoma Primary Results (R) [38 Delegates]Sad/color]
Huckabee: 76.3% (32 Delegates)
Douglas: 23.7% (6 Delegates)

Georgia Primary Results (R) [72 Delegates]Sad/color]
Huckabee: 81.7% (54 Delegates)
Douglas: 18.3% (18 Delegates)

Idaho Primary Results (R) [32 Delegates]Sad/color]
Huckabee: 84.7% (26 Delegates)
Douglas: 15.3% (6 Delegates)