Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:35:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 21
Author Topic: Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 26486 times)
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: January 07, 2018, 12:37:23 AM »

Trump 2012

Trump focused his efforts in the early primary states, making many controversial statements that attracted major media attention. He mainly appealed to the working class counties in respective states. He also did an interview with Bill O' Reilly, and emphasize his self-funding and anti-lobbying positions.
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #101 on: January 07, 2018, 03:03:09 AM »

Wesley for America: October Schedule

“...I’ve known Wesley for a long time, I’ve come to him for advice. Now, if you don’t know who I am... I’m a former commanding general who’s come under a lot of controversy. I was forced out by the Obama administration, I won’t lie. I wasn’t liked too much by Bush, either. They’re both totally and wholly unqualified to lead our foreign policy. They’re too militaristic in all the wrong places, I say we should elect a General, I mean imagine the implication. Guys, he’s an independent, a war hero, someone who actively fights against the corruption in Washington!!! How much better can you get?!?My goodness, America, I don’t really make political endorsements, but Clark’s my guy. Anyways, It’s my great honor to introduce a hard working American hero, a devoted father and husband, an honest American citizen and the next President of the United States, Wesley Clark!!!...”

Rally in Columbia, SC (Attendance: 4,021)
Rally in Myrtle Beach, SC (Attendance: 7,899)

Rally in Charleston, SC (Attendance: 4,500)

October 26th, 2011-October 31st, 2011

Rally in Cedar Rapids, IA (Attendance: 15,499):

”...Ah, Iowa! Here comes the time of year where candidates beg for your votes and take phony positions on issues and lie to you for your support!!! Great, right? *loud boos* Yep, I wont lie to ya Iowa, I’ll tell it like how it is. I won’t ever pander and lie to get elected. I’ll be real to you. I’ll shake up Washington. I’ll bring real hope and change. *loud applause*...”

Rally in Iowa City, IA (Attendance: 14,403)
Rally in Ames, IA (Attendance: 12,309)

Rally in Des Moines, IA (Attendance: 16,788)

Rally in Minneapolis, MN (Attendance: 18,901)
Fundraising in Minneapolis, MN

General Clark took the rest of the month off to relax with his family.

Endorsements this turn: Fmr. Sen. Blanche Lincoln, Fmr. Gen. Stanley McChrystal
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #102 on: January 07, 2018, 03:20:48 AM »

Ad: Service
(Narrated by his son)

Who is Wesley Clark you may ask?

Wesley Clark was born in a small town in Arkansas on a cold December night. He was raised in a small, middle income household.

His family taught him the values of service and hard work, and when America came calling, Wesley served. He finished high in his military class, and he was sent off to Vietnam.

He took four rounds to his body from an AK-47 but still gave commands on the battlefield, and was given the Silver Star.

His work after the war was well known to commanders, working to help the Vietnam Veterans Memorial happen, and becoming an adviser to the Supreme Allied Commander, Alexander Haig. Wesley’s tactics changed post-Vietnam combat, earning him a promotion to Major General.

When duty called, he served his county Valiantly in Kosovo. He bravely led many U.S troops, but soon a different duty came to him. He saw what was happening under the reign of President Bush and spoke out. He revealed how much of a travesty his presidency had been, and what it was going to be. He announced his candidacy for President in 2004. As you can tell, he didn’t win, and if he did things sure would have been a heck of a lot different.

My dad saw how terrible things were under the Obama administration too, and how the President broke promises again. This time, he said he’s done with the two party system. My dad is running for President. Will you help him? Will you call my father to duty, once more?

”I’m Wesley Clark, and I approve this message!”
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #103 on: January 07, 2018, 03:25:29 AM »

Official Statement from Wesley Clark on the Libya Crisis:

”We need to stay out of Middle Eastern quagmires. Have we learned nothing from Iraq? General Clark is a former GENERAL, a military man, and he’s saying STAY OUT!!! Mr. Obama, how unqualified to deal with this crisis are you? There is no reason any American should be part of the mindless bloodshed!”
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #104 on: January 07, 2018, 12:01:45 PM »

Bredesen's reply to Senator Hillary Clinton the debate

Excuse me, Senator, if I can speak? I have to say that I'm not a Senator and I agree, I don't have the experience of Washington behind me. That's a fact. But, I've been a governor since 2002 in Tennessee and there I saw the issues of Tennessee first hand. I was mayor of Nashville and there I helped the city become greater than you think.I was the head of a small businesses that now has over 6000 employees and growing and I started it on my Kitchen table. Senator Clinton, I haven't been in Government for a year so I might be a tad rusty but in 2010 I traveled TN and Appalachia and saw the policies that the government in Washington was doing to them and I am sure you don't know how real Americans in the South are doing after the 90s. Senator, you claim to be fighting for the American citizen but have you ever taken time off to look at the states and travel them to talk to the people there? I have and I met a 30 year old man who worked in the coal mine in West Virginia. I won't name him but he said he was afraid that since I was a Democrat I would want to get rid of his job. I asked him how his family was doing, his answer of them just getting along and that the job in the coal mine is the only way he can pay the bills broke my heart. I promised to him that I would try my hardest to make sure he keeps his job and won't use it. That is Appalachia, Senator Clinton. That is the America you claim to know but you really don't. And, forgive me for bringing up harsh memories, but I must remind you that the American people rejected you in 2008. What makes you think they would want you 4 years later?

Thank you for letting me respond.
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #105 on: January 07, 2018, 12:52:56 PM »
« Edited: January 07, 2018, 12:55:42 PM by New Tennessean Politician »

'Who is Phil?' Ad set to run in Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia, South Carolina, Nevada, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Missouri, and Arkansas from October 28th-November 17th

Who is Phil Breseden, you may be asking yourself. Here is my life story.

I was born on November 21st in 1943 in Oceanport, New Jersey. My father was a captain in the US Army Signal Corps and for the first 8 years of my life, we moved several times to several cities including Arlington, Massachusetts and Canandaigua, New York due to my father's job

In 1951, my parents separated and I would live with my maternal Grandmother in a small town called Shortsville, New York. From that Small Town, I learned how to be a real American and work my hardest to succeed in life.

in 1961, I attended Harvard College and would Graduate in 1967. It's true that I Campaigned for Eugene McCarthy in 1968 and that I ran for Massachusetts Senate in 1969 where I learned that life can be challenging and even if you try your hardest, you'll still have a chance to lose. In 1975, my family moved to Nashville, Tennessee. Before that, I gained my first business experience by working for G.D. Searle and Company for 4 years before we moved down to Nashville. From there I founded HealthAmerica Corp. In which I would sell my company after it grew to have over 6000 employees in 1986 on the New York Stock Exchange. Because of the money I earned from the company, I did not accept my gubernatorial salary during my tenure as TN Governor.

In 1991, I was elected mayor of Nashville. Sure, the job wasn't easy, but I helped the city prepare for the future. In 2002, I became governor of Tennessee and the rest is History. I'm sure I have skipped over a few things but I can answer the questions for you if you ask me. Now that you know about me, what is your thoughts on me? Do I gain your vote or will you vote for more of the same rather than someone who was really successful so far in his Political career?

I'm Phil Bredesen and I endorse this Message
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #106 on: January 07, 2018, 04:54:29 PM »

Bredesen's reply to Senator Hillary Clinton the debate

Excuse me, Senator, if I can speak? I have to say that I'm not a Senator and I agree, I don't have the experience of Washington behind me. That's a fact. But, I've been a governor since 2002 in Tennessee and there I saw the issues of Tennessee first hand. I was mayor of Nashville and there I helped the city become greater than you think.I was the head of a small businesses that now has over 6000 employees and growing and I started it on my Kitchen table. Senator Clinton, I haven't been in Government for a year so I might be a tad rusty but in 2010 I traveled TN and Appalachia and saw the policies that the government in Washington was doing to them and I am sure you don't know how real Americans in the South are doing after the 90s. Senator, you claim to be fighting for the American citizen but have you ever taken time off to look at the states and travel them to talk to the people there? I have and I met a 30 year old man who worked in the coal mine in West Virginia. I won't name him but he said he was afraid that since I was a Democrat I would want to get rid of his job. I asked him how his family was doing, his answer of them just getting along and that the job in the coal mine is the only way he can pay the bills broke my heart. I promised to him that I would try my hardest to make sure he keeps his job and won't use it. That is Appalachia, Senator Clinton. That is the America you claim to know but you really don't. And, forgive me for bringing up harsh memories, but I must remind you that the American people rejected you in 2008. What makes you think they would want you 4 years later?

Thank you for letting me respond.

Clinton: Governor, this is a charge I've faced my entire career: that I'm a big city liberal who claims to be a champion of rural, working class voters. And every time I respond the same way. Most of my life, I lived in Arkansas, a rural, Southern state. Actually, Governor, Arkansas is more rural than Tennessee is. I've traveled to every corner of the Natural State, during my 12 years as First Lady of Arkansas and since, and I've seen first hand the struggles of rural communities. That's why I pressured the Federal Government and secured federal funds to expand access to medical facilities in the most rural communities of the state. Even more than that, Governor, there's more to New York than the City. 60% of the state's population live outside of New York City. That's nearly 10 million people. I've represented every citizen of the State of New York - from cities like New York and Buffalo and rural communities in the Adirondacks - equally over the last twelve years. As you and the American people at home just heard, I have a comprehensive plan to respond to the transition to a greener economy without leaving coal workers in the cold.

You brought up 2008. Well, let's talk about it then, Governor. The American people did not "reject" me, as you claim they did. Thousands of voters in Florida and Michigan were told their votes didn't count. Michigan received no representation at the DNC in Colorado, Florida received half of the votes it should have. If you include the votes from the hardworking men and women in Michigan who came out to vote despite them being told by the DNC their votes didn't matter, I won the popular vote nationwide. If Michigan and Florida had been treated fairly, maybe 2008 would have happened differently. But I don't have a time-machine, so there's no speculating about what could have been. There was no overwhelming rejection by the American people of my campaign in 2008 that you claim there was; there was a rejection of my campaign by the Democratic Party establishment, through superdelegates and the unfair treatment of Florida and Michigan, two states critical to any Democratic General Election victory.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #107 on: January 07, 2018, 07:23:55 PM »

Hillary Clinton Ad #2
A Plan For Working Families, Airing in Iowa, New Hampshire, Florida, New York, Maine, Arizona, and Michigan

- Scene shifts to various clips of families getting ready for work in the morning, driving to school, parents at work and kids at school, coming home at the end of the day, sitting and watching TV at night, and parents putting the kids to bed -

HILLARY (VOICE OVER): All across this country, families are struggling because they don't have the resources they need or the opportunities they deserve. The economy has not recovered from the Great Recession and many families are still suffering. That's why we need a comprehensive plan to address the needs of working families. My platform calls for the largest middle class tax cut in history, to give people more freedom with their money. My administration will aggressively pursue companies that export jobs and keep their money in off-shore accounts, to keep our businesses fair. My plan recognizes that education is the key to opportunity, which is why we will work to create better public schools for our children and increase federal aid for adults returning to school. Together, we can build a country that works for working families.

- Scene cuts to Hillary For America logo and legal information -

HILLARY (VOICE OVER): I'm Hillary Clinton and I approve this message.

Hillary Clinton Ad #3
Ready for the Job, Airing in Iowa, New Hampshire, Florida, Arizona, and Michigan

- Scene opens with generic clips of global conflict, including riots, armed men in jeeps, and similar scenes -

NARRATOR (VOICE OVER): Riots, rebellion, and tension rock the global landscape. Every day, there is a new crisis for the President to respond to. The White House operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and the President needs to be able to handle anything that may come up.

- Scene cuts to Hillary Clinton in Armed Forces Committee meetings, Hillary Clinton with world leaders as First Lady and Senator, and Hillary Clinton meeting with military and police leaders -

NARRATOR (VOICE OVER): No one is as qualified to step up to these challenges as Senator Hillary Clinton. As First Lady, she stood on the world stage and declared "women's rights are human rights". She aggressively pursued human rights legislation and fought for the rights of women and girls across the globe. As Senator, she's spent twelve years on the Armed Forces Committee, standing up for out active duty soldiers and our veterans.

- Scene cuts to Hillary Clinton on the campaign trail in New Hampshire, speaking at a VFW -

HILLARY: We need to remember that we are the most powerful country on the face of the earth. We have control of the largest nuclear force ever seen. The rest of the world looks to us in times of crisis. A President needs to be calm and stable, and be able to respond to the crises that come across the President's desk on a daily basis with a cool mind and steady hand.

NARRATOR (VOICE OVER): Hillary Clinton is ready for the job of being President on Day One.

- Scene cuts to Hillary For America logo and legal information -

HILLARY (VOICE OVER): I'm Hillary Clinton and I approve this message.
DFL

« Reply #108 on: January 07, 2018, 07:42:14 PM »
« Edited: January 08, 2018, 02:43:52 PM by DFL »

Campaign Schedule, September 2011

Constants:
ALWAYS visit small towns and hold town halls and local events
ALWAYS visit college campuses and meet with campus political groups, both Republican and non-partisan
ALWAYS try to eat lunch at local restaurants, with locals
ALWAYS do research on new small towns, including local leaders, issues, etc. so that I am able to talk about local issues an connect with voters
ALWAYS visit small businesses and talk to workers, owners, etc.
ALWAYS keep note of who I meet, and bring them up in future speeches and debates
ALWAYS talk to anyone who wants to, no matter who they are or what their political affiliation is
ALWAYS take one day of break in each state I visit. Keep morale up among the team, and take more breaks if necessary to keep energy high.

Schedule:
October 1-6: Iowa
October 7-12: New Hampshire
October 13-19: South Carolina
October 20-25: Florida
October 26-31: Nevada

Iowa (Oct. 1-6)
Hold rallies in Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Davenport, Dubuque, Waterloo, Sioux City
Hold town halls in small towns while touring the state
Visit small businesses, factories, farms, middle class neighborhoods
Emphasize job growth, Obamacare, trade

New Hampshire (Oct. 7-12)
Hold rallies in Concord, Manchester, Portsmouth
Hold events with Kelly Ayotte across state.
Emphasize Iraq and Libya policy, cutting regulations

South Carolina (Oct. 13-19)
Hold rallies in Charleston, Columbia, Greenville
Hold events with Nikki Haley across state
Emphasize Obamacare repeal, tour hospitals and talk to workers, administrators

Florida (Oct. 20-25)

Hold Rallies in Miami, St. Petersburg/Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville, Tallahassee
Emphasize: Obamacare, foreign policy

Nevada (Oct. 26-31)
Hold Rallies in Reno, Las Vegas, Henderson, Carson City
Endorsements by Sen. Heller and Gov. Sandoval
Emphasize immigration, trade policy

To campaign staff: Focus on volunteer recruitment efforts and staffing at state HQs, especially in the first contests. In early stages of outreach, spread the word about Romney’s background, credentials, and vision for America.

Speeches and specific details will be posted throughout the turn.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #109 on: January 07, 2018, 08:04:36 PM »
« Edited: January 09, 2018, 07:55:23 AM by Evans »

2nd Republican Presidential Debate
Ernie Fletcher

Debate Answers and Responses

General Questions

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The war is such a big part of America's modern policy. It's been at least 1 or 2 years since that policy should've taken effect according to Obama's promise. That didn't happen. It is only now he can deliver this promise, and the fact he can only deliver on it during an election season is glaring political opportunism.

If we intend to move out of Iraq responsibly, we need to ensure our time there doesn't go to waste. We need to leave Iraq with no possible reason to come back and spend another couple trillion dollars in taxpayer money.

So let's not give us another reason to start another war and spend trillions, rather just use the ideas of common Sense.

Well, if America doesn't know already, I've been pro- life all of my life. Consistently, and I've never turned my back on that position. I'll proudly defend my pro- life positions. What I'd like to do is keep abortion funding out of our budget because it really, really doesn't belong there.

As President, I will never, ever support abortion or use taxpayer money to fund it. As a doctor myself, it doesn't sit right with me or most of Americans. However, like many Americans, I have a middle ground. That is rape, incest, and a threat to the mother's life. And I'll make sure to uphold a pro- life policy because I'm one of the few Republicans that have been consistent on it.

Bottom line is that I do not support Roe v. Wade, and again, I'm one of the few Republicans that never have here. And on that note, consistency is something I find very little in politicians.

Candidate Specific Questions

Thank you for the question, Moderator. I explain my bid like this: These past events were made specifically to play a game of political gotcha and dirty politics. A game the majority of Americans disapprove of and for good reason. I believe the work I did as governor greatly overshadows this scandal, and overall, I'm more proud of that.

I'm more proud that we reversed a billion dollar deficit, raised infrastructure & education spending, offered tuition tax credits, and much more, all while we lowered taxes. The idea that a scandal I was never convicted on overshadows this is a political scam.

I share the disappointment and dissatisfaction of the American people of the political rhetoric of our nation's leaders and our current administration. The fact is the political machine of our nation's leaders is a failed system that has served no Americans except itself. As President, I will not play this game of political gotcha and it's about time we end it in Washington.

Rebuttals and Responses

Governor Romney, let me say that you are one of the candidates up here that have not stayed consistent on the Abortion issue. On a televised debate less than a decade ago, you stated that you would "preserve and protect a woman's right to choose and am devoted and dedicated to honoring my word in that regard."

How can you really say you're pro- life?

Closing Statement

Overall, this election cannot be about old ideas. This election MUST be about new and consistent ideas, and I'm determined to present and argue on behalf of those ideas. Ideas that deliver.
Let's win the future.

DFL

« Reply #110 on: January 07, 2018, 08:21:18 PM »

Romney 2012 Ad #4
"The Obama Economy"

Since Obama took office, I've had to lay off 40 of my 60 employees -- folks with families to feed and mortgages to pay off.

Six months ago I had to file for bankruptcy... I don't know how much longer we'll be in business

My family has owned our business for four generations. What am I supposed to do now that the recovery President Obama promised never came?

My name is Traci Bratton, and the Obama economy is not working for small business owners like me.

My name is Miguel Guajardo, and the Obama economy is not working.

My name is Peter Mondrose, and the Obama economy has failed America.

That's why I'm touring America talking to small business owners. I want to get to know and make a pact with the backbone of the American economy so that as your President we can fix our small business crisis.

I'm dedicated to lowering the taxes of hardworking Americans who deserve more than the past four years have given them. Our small businesses deserve to flourish, and I know that cutting excess red tape and getting the government out of the way of the American people is the only way forward.

When casting your vote this primary season, vote for the candidate that is dedicated to growing American jobs -- and has the business experience to do it.

I'm Mitt Romney and I approve this message.
DFL

« Reply #111 on: January 07, 2018, 08:53:31 PM »

Response to Gov. Fletcher

Governor, you just told the American people you're running for President because you're sick of "gotcha" politics, yet that is what you have just played.

Governor, you're right, back in 1994 my stance on abortion was more liberal than it was today, but it is unfair to take a single statement from 20 years ago and paint my views as if they are black and white. The truth is, governor, with issues as personal as abortion, people often must take a personal journey to develop their views.

Let me give you and the American people the full story, Governor.

Many, many years ago, I had a dear family relative that I was very close to who passed away from an illegal abortion. After that tragic and needless incident, my family became committed to upholding current laws to prevent anyone from feeling the same pain that we did. That is what shaped my view on abortion until I became Governor of Massachusetts.

My position changed during the stem-cell research debate. The provost of Harvard and the head of stem-cell research came into my office and at one point said that stem-cell research was not a moral issue because they killed the embryo at 14 days. And it hit me hard at that very moment that the Roe v. Wade philosophy had cheapened the value of human life. And I said to my chief of staff, who was with me in the meeting, as we came outside, “I am no longer content with the description of my position. I want to call myself pro-life.”

It's easy in politics to paint issues as black and white, Governor -- to play "gotcha politics," as you put it. That's easy to do. It's hard to tell personal stories, stories of growth, change, and emotion.

So sure, 20 years ago my views on abortion were different than they are today. That doesn't make me any less willing to defend the right to life, it just makes my position more nuanced. To prevent the illegal abortions that took the life of my family member, I believe that abortions in the case of rape, incest, or threat to the mother's health should still be legal. To prevent the needless loss of unborn human life, I support wholeheartedly pro-life policies.

So please, Governor, I agree with you. Let's stop playing "gotcha politics" and tell the full story. It may not be easy for me to say, or for people to hear, but it's the right thing to do.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #112 on: January 07, 2018, 08:54:55 PM »

Carolla campaign ad on Romney’s Planned Parenthood flip flop
Airs in all 50 states

*Voice Over*

Narrator:*Clip Of Mitt Romney’s speech at the debate about abortion and being pro life*

Mr Romney claims to be pro life and that he will fight to cut funding for Planned Parenthood good.

However in 2007 a article came to life that by ABC news showed that Governor Romney and his 1994 Senate campaign and his wife donated 150 dollar donation to Planned Parenthood.

And it doesn’t stop their until 2004 the Romney’s kept donating to Planned Parenthood and Planned Parenthood causes.

Just another lie from the Establishment.

Adam Carolla will fight to defund Planned Parenthood and keep his word on it.

He will get it out of the government and out of your tax dollars.

Defunding Planned Parenthood hood would save us 500$ million dollars and keep us more money that will help us balence the budget.

I’m Adam Carolla and I approve this message.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #113 on: January 07, 2018, 10:36:47 PM »
« Edited: January 08, 2018, 09:10:05 AM by Evans »

"A Governor with a Good Record"
A 2012 Presidential Election Ad

"On October 1st, I began my campaign for President as a former Governor, Doctor, and CEO. So, just where does my record go?"

"Here in Kentucky, we reduced state taxes on almost everyone, especially the more unfortunate and poor"

"Even after the tech boom, we grew thousands of tech jobs."

"Our student's education flourished with a 25% expansion to their spending"

"But our teachers weren't left out"

"And all that with a balanced budget, reversing the billion dollar deficit in Kentucky. So, who am I? I'm a lot of things, but most importantly, a governor with a good record."

wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #114 on: January 07, 2018, 11:36:39 PM »

Governor Jindal's 2nd Debate Answers

1.- The Obama Administration has set the date of withdrawal from Iraq by December of this year, which would seemingly end a decade of American military presence in the country. Is this withdrawal the right choice to make?

I'll get straight to the point: no. If we withdraw from Iraq now, it will create a power vacuum. No matter whether you believe that the Iraq War was a good thing or a bad thing: we're there now. And if we pull them out now, we would leave Iraq half-finished and in a more turbulent state than before. So many members of our military have given their lives to this cause, and many more families have been caused suffering because of this. Now we should let all of this sacrifice go to nothing? That would be irresponsible, and frankly disrespectful. Obama's decision will cause much more suffering than relief.

What I would do, if elected President, is to make sure when we eventually pull out--which would not be now--we would walk home with three things. First, a country that is more stable than we left it. Second, a country that can hold free and democratic elections. Third, we can make sure that the Iraqi people will be liberated and that we will be able to achieve what we came to Iraq for--not just to condemn terrorism, but to liberate and help the Iraqi people live normal lives. I hope to achieve this as fast as possible, because we don't need more Americans to sacrifice their lives, however, we will only pull out after these three things are achieved. If we pull out before, we would be doing a great disrespect to those who had to sacrifice their lives.

2.- Many of the main issues always being debate inside the Republican Party tend to be social issues and social values, an area in which there appears to be significant disagreement. Where do you stand on abortion?

I'm sure it's a surprise to no one--I'm pro-life and I have always been. I believe that human life begins at conception, because of my faith, and anything else would violate that. The rights of not only the mothers, but also the babies must be respected. These are humans, too. While I believe that there should be lesser restrictions when the life of the mother is in jeopardy, I believe that anything else violates the basic human rights that were endowed to these unborn by their Creator. This should not be an issue of significant debate, as these are human lives at stake.

Here's what I will do, if elected President. I will defund Planned Parenthood. I will support the Hyde Amendment. And I will appoint conservative justices who will overturn Roe v. Wade. This is change. And we need change that will benefit all Americans, no matter whether they can speak for themselves or not!

To Governor Jindal: Governor, much has been made by public figures such as Mr. Trump regarding the place of birth of President Obama. Where do you stand on the "Birther" issue?

As evidenced by the Chambliss campaign, I have myself been accused of not being born in the United States, while in fact I was born in Baton Rouge. Where else would I have been born? New Orleans? (laughs) In all seriousness, the "birther" movement is in no way helping to get conservatives back into the White House. In fact, it is hurting our chances. (direct to camera) I realize you want change. In fact, that is the very reason I am running this campaign. But accusing the President of falsifying documents is not the place to start when you want change. First, it delegitimizes our movement. Many think we stand for these made-up beliefs. Second, what help does it do to conservatives to sit around and throw accusations at Obama? If you want real change, the least you can do get educated on the issues, pick up your bootstraps, and go out and vote. But even better, instead of making up stories, you can learn the facts, join our campaign, and help advocate for our cause of change. Instead of tearing someone down, build something up.

And for the record, I believe Obama was born in Honolulu.

Closing statement

Now, many of you might have heard my debate answers tonight and thought "wow, he sounds like all the other candidates up here". Well, that's because much of the Republican caucus stands in favor of these same issues that were discussed tonight. However, I'll use this closing statement to show why I'm different.

I'm not your average candidate. I'm not accepting money from Super PACs, I've spoken out against lobbying firms (the friends of many of the candidates on this stage tonight), and I go door-to-door in every state I visit and get to know every person I meet. Now, none of this makes my campaign easier. In fact, it makes it a lot harder. Not having a Super PAC means that I don't have a constant stream of money. I won't get endorsements from powerful lobbying firms. And it takes a lot of energy, time, and money to go door-to-door every week.

So why would I do all of this? Shouldn't I be making it easier for me to win? No. Because this campaign isn't about me, it's about all of you. And when I condemn the Washington elites and their style of campaigning in this way, all Americans benefit. Many of the other candidates on this stage won't do this, because they know it takes effort to run a campaign like mine. And if they do, well, they're copying me. (laughs)

But let's get to the nitty gritty. America wants, and needs change. And for us to win in 2012, we don't need a another Washington insider to top the ticket and campaign for the same issues and values that we lost on in 2008. No, we need someone who will be committed to bringing change to America. And so far, I'm the only candidate that fits this bill.

So, America, you're faced with a choice.

If you choose any of the other candidates on this stage, you're choosing the establishment politics of 2008 that cost us the campaign.

If you choose me, then you'll see change. Change not only in our party, but in our political system. In our society. In America.

And America, it's time for change.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #115 on: January 08, 2018, 01:08:33 AM »

Response to Governor Romney

Response to Gov. Fletcher

Governor, you just told the American people you're running for President because you're sick of "gotcha" politics, yet that is what you have just played.

Governor, you're right, back in 1994 my stance on abortion was more liberal than it was today, but it is unfair to take a single statement from 20 years ago and paint my views as if they are black and white. The truth is, governor, with issues as personal as abortion, people often must take a personal journey to develop their views.

Let me give you and the American people the full story, Governor.

Many, many years ago, I had a dear family relative that I was very close to who passed away from an illegal abortion. After that tragic and needless incident, my family became committed to upholding current laws to prevent anyone from feeling the same pain that we did. That is what shaped my view on abortion until I became Governor of Massachusetts.

My position changed during the stem-cell research debate. The provost of Harvard and the head of stem-cell research came into my office and at one point said that stem-cell research was not a moral issue because they killed the embryo at 14 days. And it hit me hard at that very moment that the Roe v. Wade philosophy had cheapened the value of human life. And I said to my chief of staff, who was with me in the meeting, as we came outside, “I am no longer content with the description of my position. I want to call myself pro-life.”

It's easy in politics to paint issues as black and white, Governor -- to play "gotcha politics," as you put it. That's easy to do. It's hard to tell personal stories, stories of growth, change, and emotion.

So sure, 20 years ago my views on abortion were different than they are today. That doesn't make me any less willing to defend the right to life, it just makes my position more nuanced. To prevent the illegal abortions that took the life of my family member, I believe that abortions in the case of rape, incest, or threat to the mother's health should still be legal. To prevent the needless loss of unborn human life, I support wholeheartedly pro-life policies.

So please, Governor, I agree with you. Let's stop playing "gotcha politics" and tell the full story. It may not be easy for me to say, or for people to hear, but it's the right thing to do.

Governor, I don't like political games as much as the next person, but these are the issues that matter. They are not political games. They're serious to the people at home. People at home all across the nation that have their own experiences with abortion and why they're pro- life. They want someone who has consistently stood up for that. I've always stood up for life beginning at conception, and Governor Romney, you haven't. You told us one thing in Massachusetts, another thing in New Hampshire, it's a legitimate concern when I ask you what you'll say in D.C. I know a game of political "got ya" when I see it, and Governor Romney, you, evidently, don't.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #116 on: January 08, 2018, 12:25:39 PM »

Carolla campaign update for October 2011

Carolla campaigned in Iowa and South Carolla for most of the first half trying to  appeal to the tea party voters.

In his case Carolla named a list of the history of Romney and Christie’s anti Tea Party history and that they are no different than Obama and Hillary on some social issues.

Carolla also campaigned on campaign on NAFTA and free trade agreements once again talking about how they have ruined Iowa.

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #117 on: January 08, 2018, 12:36:10 PM »
« Edited: January 08, 2018, 12:44:22 PM by Blair »

Debate Answers.

No, and it's an absolute disgrace that President Obama is playing politics with Iraq. This is what the Obama-Clinton political machine do best; they put their own electoral prospects ahead of the security of the United States.

I wanna make this clear. As President I will never, ever play politics with our national security. The only people who will benefit from withdrawing US troops from Iraq are Al-Qaeda, and the other terrorist groups who will step in the moment we lead. That's where there's three crucial things we've got to do. One, we've got to keep training, supporting and aiding the Iraqi Army, because they'll be the one's doing the heavy lifting, second we should keep a small, rapid protection force in Iraq for the foreseeable future and finally, and I don't think anyone else has actually said this; but we've got proud about promoting Democracy in Iraq.

It's a brilliant thing. Millions of Iraqi's were able to go and carry out there must fundamental right; the right to vote. Millions of women were able to go to the polls, and vote. If we pulled out without any combat troops, without any sort of proper plan we could see this all go up in flames. It's easy to talk about how horrible Obama's policies are, we all know that (cheers)

The hard thing is to put forward you own plans, which I have, and to demonstrate that you've been able to carry them out; I'm the only person on this stage who've put terrorists behind bars. If you want someone as commander in chief who has direct experience at keeping America safe, and promoting the power of American Democracy; then I'm your candidate.

I'll be honest with viewers, until I first heard my daughters heartbeat in the womb, when she was at 13 weeks, I was a non-thinking pro-choice guy. But when I heard that heartbeat, that precious beat of life, I knew that heartbeat was a life, and I changed my view. I think I'm like a lot of other conservatives in the country, in that I didn't make up my mind by reading a textbook- I made up my mind through the wonders of seeing life.

So I've been strongly pro-life since 1996, and I've carried that into public office. I've de-funded planned parenthood as Governor, I've been very open about supporting banning abortion after 20 weeks, with exceptions for if the child was conceived by rape, or incest, or if the mothers life was in serious risk.

I did all this in a deeply Democratic state; unlike Governor Romney, who in 2002, when running to be Governor of Massachusetts said he ''preserve and protect a woman's right to choose.'' You know in public life you have to make choices; I was honest to the voters of New Jersey about my views on abortion. Mitt Romney decided to do what Mitt Romney always does; weasel away from the issue.

Frankly, for me, this is an issue where you've got to have a moral backbone. As Governor of New Jersey I fought for the cause of the unborn, and I'm proud of the progress we've made.

Look, I'm a conservative republican from New Jersey. I'm use to taking a bit of flack from the Teaching Unions for being on the far-right, so frankly it's a nice change to have someone question if I'm conservative enough. (chuckles)

But sure, I'm certain that I'm conservative enough. Republican voters, whether they're in Iowa, New Hampshire or Texas want someone who stands up and tells the American people the truth; our spending is out of control, Obamacare is a disaster that we must repeal, and we we need to start getting tough again on American's enemies who want to do us serious harm. A lot of the media folks think that republican voters are looking for politicians who share all there views; they're not. They're looking for someone who has the guts to fight.

In New Jersey I've managed to fight to get serious, real conservative reform done. I've got 700,000 more Democrats than Republicans, but I still managed to pass a balanced budget, without raising taxes. I manged to defeat the big public sector unions to fix the pension system, I defunded planned parenthood and we created 60,000 private sector jobs. That's what real, conservative results look like. If I can do that in one of the bluesiest states, just think what I can do after November when we take back our government.

Well, I guess it was only a matter a time before pundits and spin-masters got hold of one of my statements and twisted it beyond belief.

Let me tell the American people again what they may have already heard me say, except this time I'm going to clarify -- no shifting, no flip-flopping, just clarifying.

First of all I'd like to reiterate that no matter what way you spin it, forcing 11 million people out of the United States is a fool's errand -- its a political promise with no real weight behind it.

Governor Romney, it doesn't matter whether you call it shifting, flip flopping, or even clarifying. Frankly there's only one word that matters- trust.

In 2005 you supported Ted Kennedy's immigration bill that would have provided amnesty. Then you opposed it in 2007 when you wanted to win the Iowa Caucasus. Heck in 2008 you said that you wanted to ideally deport most illegal immigrants within 90 days; now you're saying that's a political promise with no weight behind it.

But really it comes down to trust Governor. We've both governed in deeply blue states; in New Jersey I've fought the public unions, I've won real conservative reform on property taxes and pensions. In Massachusetts you sold out to the Democratic establishment on day one. You're going to get chewed alive by Nancy Pelosi, and Harry Reid.

Frankly we need a President who's got the guts to fight.  

Closing Statement

I get asked a lot what I think people want in there next President. And you know what it's simple; they want someone who they know they can trust to fight for them. They don't want someone who can simply reel off a textbook of policies, they don't want someone who says one thing in Iowa, and another in Boston, they don't want another bland, boring candidate promising slow, weak reforms.

I'm the only candidate running who isn't afraid to tell the truth. I don't care whether I'm talking to republicans, or Democrats. To Iowans, or New Yorkers. I'll always say the same thing. I'll tell them that we need to work together again in Washington to cut our run-away entitlement spending, we need to get people back to work by cutting regulations, not by cutting more checks to the special interest groups. 

I've done all this; in fact, I've done all in this in a state that was written off a too democratic, too broke and too divided. I stood up, and fought for real conservative values, and you know what; it worked. Give me the chance to do this in Washington, and join my fight to get this country working again.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #118 on: January 08, 2018, 12:45:59 PM »

It's time for change. It's time for Jindal.

Campaign schedule for October

Overview:

New Hampshire: Oct. 1-4 (4 days)
Nevada: Oct. 5-9 (5 days)
Iowa: Oct. 10-15 (6 days)
Florida: Oct. 16-22 (7 days)
South Carolina: Oct. 23-31 (9 days)

Highlights:

New Hampshire ( Oct. 1 - Oct. 4 )
Held rallies in Manchester (kickoff), Hampton, Dover, Rochester, Lebanon
Took a bus tour around the state and held multiple town halls with voters across the state
Went door-to-door in each town
Ate lunch in diners with voters
Key policy: it's time for change, Obamacare repeal, getting workers jobs again

Nevada ( Oct. 5 - Oct. 9 )
Held rallies across the state in Las Vegas, Henderson, Carson City, Ely, Winnemucca
Went door-to-door and spoke with voters
Toured hospitals to talk about Obamacare reform
Ate lunch with voters, talked about plans for the presidency
Key policy: Obamacare reform and repeal, preserving American society, gun rights

Iowa ( Oct. 10 - Oct. 15 )
Held rallies in Dubuque, West Des Moines, Des Moines, Waterloo, Mason City, Ames
Went door-to-door in each town and talked policy
Toured farms, talked agricultural policy with farmers
Ate lunch with even more votes
Held town halls across the state
Key policy: pro-life, tax reform, agriculture policy

Florida ( Oct. 16 - Oct. 22 )
Made speeches in Tampa, Miami, Orlando, Panama City, Melbourne, Ocala, Port St. Lucie, Clearwater, Naples, Lakeland, Jacksonville, Sebring
Toured hospitals to talk Obamacare policy
Grassroots campaigning, went door-to-door in each city
Held more town halls across the state, started dialogues with voters
Took campaign bus across the state and just simply talked with voters
Talked about tax reform with voters, had lunch with them
Endorsement by Sen. Marco Rubio
Fundraised across the state
Talked about repairing America's infrastructure with even more voters
Key policy: tax reform, tourism policy, Obamacare repeal, infrastructure, capital projects, the environment

South Carolina ( Oct. 23 - Oct. 31 )
Made speeches in Columbia, Lexington, Camden, Florence, Lake City (yes, there's another one), Conway, Rock Hill, Greenville, Spartanburg, Simpsonville, Anderson, Charleston
Held many town halls across the state, talked to voters about their concerns
More grassroots campaign across the state, get the message of change out, go door-to-door
Eat lunch with voters
Endorsement by Sen. Jim DeMint
Talked about social conservatism and restoring America's society
Talked about restoring American jobs
Talked about why America needs change
Fundraised with voters
Key policy: pro-life, conservatism, change, Obamacare repeal, infrastructure

Operations:
  • Emphasized a grassroots campaign across every state, and the importance of knocking door-to-door and calling voters, getting the word out
  • Set up ground operations in every state, briefed staff on the campaign
  • Set up structural operations to deal with influx of volunteers across multiple states, including South Carolina, Florida, and Iowa
  • Emphasized to staff to reach out to everyone, no matter their political affiliation
  • Told staff to deliver Jindal's message of change to as many people as possible
DFL

« Reply #119 on: January 08, 2018, 01:20:21 PM »

Response to Gov. Christie

With all due respect, Governor Christie, your argument falls flat as soon as it begins.

Governor, do you remember the comments you made about immigration in 2010? Just last year? Well let me remind you. You called upon Barack Obama personally to "put forward a common sense path to citizenship for people." Governor Christie has also said that being in this country illegally isn't a crime, and is willing to give those that are here illegally a free pass. How do we know this? Because in his time as US Attorney in New Jersey, that job that Governor Christie will tell you all about, he only prosecuted thirteen illegal immigration cases. Compare that to the 597 cases prosecuted in Kansas in the same time period -- I'm no mathematician, but there are a heck of a lot more people in New Jersey than Kansas.

Governor you can try to fool the American people by making a mountain out of a molehill with my statements in Nevada, which are wholly consistent with conservative values, but you cannot fool anyone with this.

Governor Christie wants you, the American people, to believe that because he talks louder than the rest of us and "tells it like it is" that he is somehow more qualified to be President of the United States. Governor, I agree with you on one thing, and that is that this is about trust.

Back when I was Governor of Massachusetts and faced a legislature that was 85% Democrat, I sent over 800 vetoes to policies that weren't conservative or right for our state, and believe me, there were a lot. Governor Christie, however, has let Democrats in New Jersey get to him -- he has stated multiple times that he supports the state's ineffective and incredibly strict gun control laws. So Governor, I have to ask, which one of us was supposed to get chewed alive by the Democrats?

Governor Christie, you are a fighter. You're willing to fight anyone you see as a threat with anything that you think can bring them down. I think the American people want something different. I think the American people want someone with the guts to tell the truth. We've been lied to for three years by the Obama administration, and the last thing we need is to be lied to by someone who tells it like it isn't.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #120 on: January 08, 2018, 03:02:24 PM »

Because in his time as US Attorney in New Jersey, that job that Governor Christie will tell you all about, he only prosecuted thirteen illegal immigration cases. Compare that to the 597 cases prosecuted in Kansas in the same time period -- I'm no mathematician, but there are a heck of a lot more people in New Jersey than Kansas

Well that's still thirteen more cases than you ever prosecuted Mitt.

You know it's pretty funny to see the Governor attack my record as a U.S Attorney. Because when I was sat in court, putting the terrorists, and arms smugglers behind bars, you were standing next to Ted Kennedy passing RomneyCare.

You know I'm never going to apologize for the fact that for me, and my office as U.S Attorney our number one priority was to combat terrorism. I'm never going to apologize for helping keep the American people safe. Never.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #121 on: January 08, 2018, 03:05:23 PM »

Chris Christie.
Fighting For You.

Campaign Schedule

October 1st-5th: Town Halls in New Hampshire.
October 6th: Special Veteran Of Foreign Wars Town Hall/Campaign Events.
October 7th: Fundraisers in Florida with Haley Barbour, and Jon Huntsman Jnr.
October 8th: Campaign Rally in Jacksonville, with Haley Barbour.
October 9th: Visit to Nevada to open new campaign HQ.
October 10th: Campaign Fundraiser in Las Vegas.
October 11th-15th: ''Telling it like it is'' Bus, and Town Hall Tour around Eastern Iowa.
October 16th: Visit to New Mexico, and Speech about Border Security with with Governor Martinez.
October 17th: Campaign Rally, and Fundraiser in Miami with Governor Martinez.
October 18th-23rd: ''Telling it like it is'' Bus and Town Hall Tour in New Hampshire.
October 24th: Meeting with Evangelical leaders in Iowa.
October 25th: Day of media interviews, fundraising and other campaign related events in New Jersey.
October 26th: Speech in New Hampshire: ''Two Choices.''
October 27th: Campaign Rally in Concord, New Hampshire.
October 28th-30th: Bus Tour, and Town Hall events around Western Iowa

Endorsements

Governor Haley Barbour

Governor Susana Martinez

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #122 on: January 08, 2018, 06:21:32 PM »

Chris Christie.
Fighting For You.

Media Appearances

Martinez: Romney wrong to attack Christie over immigration.

ABC Interview with Governor Christie

Q: Governor, you responded quite forcefully when Governor Romney challenged you over your record prosecuting Immigration laws whilst a U.S Attorney, did Governor Romney manage to rattle you?

Governor Christie: No, Jake, he didn't rattle me. He just disappointed me. Governor Romney for all his virtues has never prosecuted federal law, and frankly at the debate showed that he has no idea what being a prosecutor actually involves. Governor Romney has only ever seen criminal law as a politician; all he cares about is how it looks. When I woke up every morning as a U.S Attorney, I was thinking about who I would put on the stand, Governor Romney was worried about what would be put on the front of the newspapers. We have different priorities.

The truth is that my office, as every other Northeastern U.s Attorney's office was, focused on terrorism after 9/11. Unlike Mitt, I don't make every decision based on the next election. I make it based on what's best for the American public; and that meant devoting the majority of resources to preventing terrorism, as my office did, multiple times.

I don't know what Governor Romney is implying about my record; all I know is that he picked up some numbers of an old Lou Dobbs segment from 2007. If he thinks that I'm somehow relaxed about enforcing immigration law he should ask why I send prosecuted a Chilean immigrant for transporting abusive images or why I prosecuted an immigrant lawyer for falsifying driving licenses for illegals. I worked with ICE, and the FBI almost daily in order to keep New Jersey, and America safe, and frankly I don't appreciate Governor Romney trying to question my service when he standing in an ice-rink in Utah somewhere.

Q.) Do you expect this back and forth will continue with Governor Romney?

Governor Christie: If the Governor continues to manipulate, and distort my record, then I'm going to respond forcefully. The American public are sick of politicians like Governor Romney attacking people for actually putting their neck out on the line every day. Like thousands of other people in the Justice, and National Security departments, when I came into work, the last thing on my mind was how this would play in some distant election. I just got on with the job.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #123 on: January 08, 2018, 06:25:04 PM »

Chris Christie.
Fighting For You.

Campaign Highlights

Governor Barbour joins Christie for Florida Rally

Border Security Speech

Governor Christie holds a town Hall in Sioux City

wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #124 on: January 08, 2018, 10:06:32 PM »

Manchester, NH

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies