Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:56:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21
Author Topic: Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 26485 times)
DFL

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2018, 08:13:57 PM »

Mitt Romney First Debate Responses

1.- It seems one of the main concerns of rank and file Republicans is the Health Care debate and the issues that come from Obamacare. If elected President, would you repeal Obamacare? What would you replace it with?

I think all of us on stage tonight can agree that Obamacare poses a great threat to both the health of Americans as well as their wallets. Other candidates will tonight tell you that perhaps they alone have the solution to the healthcare problem. That is what President Obama told us back in 2008, and that strategy never works.

As Governor of Massachusetts, one of the bluest states in the nation, I worked with a legislature that was over 85% Democrat to pass healthcare reform that cut down on unnecessary spending, reduced the number of people gaming the system, and increased the quality of care statewide. There’s a reason Massachusetts has some of the best healthcare in the nation, and that’s because of state-based innovation and pragmatic policy solution.
As President I would simply initiate a repeal of Obamacare to allow our states to have the freedom they need to create plans best for their own constituents. I want to give Medicaid back to the states in the form of block grants so that more effective localized policy can be created, and I believe that folks that are either self-insured or are working for a small business get the same tax-credits that folks that get coverage from their companies do. I also believe that if you have insurance and a pre-existing condition, nothing should stop you from keeping your insurance in the future.

Barack Obama may have given the American people a headache when he passed Obamacare, but I have decades of experience fixing headaches, including in Massachusetts. Americans need someone who has a proven track record of getting the job done, and I think I am the candidate that fits the bill.

2.- As unemployment not only fails to drop but increases in some parts of the country, there is a spirited debate about the best way to create new jobs and lower unemployment for good. Why are you a better choice than your fellow candidates when it comes to creating jobs?

You’ve heard some of my opponents on this stage talk give empty promises or resumes on why they are the most qualified candidate to create jobs in America. I’d like to give you my resume, America, and let you decide who you trust to turn around our 9% unemployment rate and economic malaise.

While I worked in private industry I created over 100,000 jobs through responsible business tactics and smart policy. I come from a family of building businesses from the ground up, and know what Americans currently running their own businesses go through when it comes to hiring and regulation. No other candidate on this stage has a private industry track record or know-how that we need for job growth.

As Governor of Massachusetts I also created over 100,000 jobs even as the state came out of economic turmoil. I know that in the government the best thing that we can do is get out of the way of Americans who know what’s best for their businesses and their own futures and let the economy grow. That’s why I have a plan to create 12 million new jobs. America must take advantage of its natural resources, be they oil, natural gas, renewable energy, or nuclear energy, and gain our energy independence. That’s four million jobs right there. We need to expand trade responsibly, ensuring that America is not being taken advantage of in international deals. Right now, Latin America is turning to China as a trade ally because the US is looking the other way. If I were elected, we’d be talking to our allies the next day to bring billions of dollars and millions more jobs to America. Finally, we need to ease the tax burden on hardworking Americans. Some of my peers have touted a lower corporate tax, which while needed ignores the real folks we should be caring about. Lower taxes for small business, simpler regulatory codes, and right-to-work laws will help kickstart a part of our economy the Obama administration has sadly ignored.

America, I ask this of you. Look to a tested and tough track record of job creation in both the public and private sectors, and look to a plan that works for you by giving you the freedom that our current government won’t.

1.- To Governor Romney: Governor, one of the main concerns launched towards you has been your perceived political shift since 2008, some arguing either your stances back then or those now are based on convenience. What would you reply to that?

It’s easy for my opponents to pick examples of me disagreeing with something I said years ago — that’s because I’ve been creating policy for nearly a decade now. And sure, I’ll admit that not everything I’m talking about now is the same as it was when I was governor, or even back in 2008, but that doesn’t mean I’m an opportunist, it means I’ve learned.

In 2008, America was in a much different place than it was today. We were looking headfirst into a financial crisis of magnitude unknown and were on the tail end of wars still unfinished. back then, I was fresh out of office and running to be your president. While I may be back in 2011 doing the same thing, things have changed.

My opponents will try to paint me as a flip-flopper or as an opportunist, but changing opinions over time is the reasonable thing to do. Americans should not elect a President who is so conceited they can’t admit when they’re wrong, or see other points of view. Americans should elect a President who has their ears open, is listening to the people, and is unafraid to say they don’t know everything. I believe my experience in the public and private sector makes me uniquely qualified to help heal America in its current state of recession, but my experience has also taught me to be open, pragmatic, and ready to hunt for solutions that are actually the best for our country, not solutions someone has blindly stuck to for years.

America, would you trust your doctor if he or she said they hadn’t changed their practices in 20 years? Would you trust the builder of your house if they refused to follow new building codes because they believed the old ones were still “right”? I wouldn’t. I also wouldn’t trust a politician that was too stubborn to listen to the American people and make changes that are in the best interests of our country, and I don’t think you would either.

So no, whatever shifts I’ve made in my political ideology aren’t for my personal benefit, but so that I can best respond to the needs of the American people, something that should be every politician’s goal.

Closing Statement:

This election gives you, the American people, and important choice. Our country today stands not much stronger than it did at the start of our crisis three years ago. Unemployment is high, job growth is low, and morale is shrinking. Luckily, our Democracy gives you options on how you want your country to be run, and if you don’t like the way America has looked these last four years, you have the power to choose the America you want to see.

I see an America that by 2020 has 12 million new jobs and a record of job growth in the hard-hit middle and lower classes. I see an America that believes in itself again. I see an America that once again puts freedom in the hands of its people, not locked away by the government. I see an America, where I can live knowing that our kids and grandkids will be able to prosper, not be saddled by government debt and economic stagnation.

Over the course of tonight you’ve heard a lot of different visions for our country, and a lot of different people who promise to achieve them. No other candidate on this stage or on the Democrat’s stage has a record of success and growth in both the public and private sector like I do, and I believe that sets me apart in why I should serve as your President.

In this crucial election, Americans need to have someone they can trust to represent them in the White House. Compare my resume and my policies to my opponents, and I think you’ll find that person.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2018, 08:42:12 PM »

Carolla responds to Congressman Upton’s Obamacare comments in the debate

Mr Upton what you just said is basically you want a diet Obamacare.

No there is nothing good about Obamacare what so ever.  Like I said earlier it is a tax basically disguised as a healthcare bill.

What you are basically saying is that you side with President Obama’s on healthcare mostly.

Doesn’t matter if you said you want to partly reform it. There will still be lots of taxes,  premiums and regulations.

Is that what you really want?

Mr.Carolla, I ask you, do you want Americans dying because they cannot afford healthcare? Do you want the people you know dead, because they couldn't afford a procedure? I may not have voted for it originally but as President Obama has said Yes We Can! and what I will say is that if we want a return of the America of the hardworking dying in the streets, because companies raise prices through the roof, Go with Carolla, but if you want Answers, Go with me Carolla says things people like, but I say things that will happen. We can't do them maybe if we had 400 Representatives and 100 Senators in Congress, but I ask him We don't get better with single party control, we get worse I do support taxing every American who can afford to be taxed but I don't support taking money out of the pockets of those who need it the most, I don't see any solution offered by you to fix this broken economy, but like the members of the occupy movement some people many of them work hard for their entire lives, but they can't do anything about rising unemployment they are the silent majority and we need to fix the problems this country has, I am offering Solutions, YOU ARE JUST OFFERING PROBLEMS!
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2018, 09:04:54 PM »

Feingold's debate responses:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

First off, this crisis is the fault of George Bush, who passed irresponsibly large tax cuts while sending us into two major wars. The problem is that we haven't reinstated Glass-Steagall or even tried to increase taxes on the wealthiest of our citizens; people that are responsible for what many would say is outright theft.

In the aftermath of the crisis, we tried bailing the banks out. What happened? The CEOs took the money given to them by the taxpaying public, and used it to pay themselves huge bonuses and lobby Congress to kill any major reform, then they turned around and blamed immigrants, the poor and even teachers. That is not how the economy, nor our government, should work.

What do you want me to say? Progressives like myself have been saying for years this would happen if we didn't toughen up on our banking sector. We were laughed at, told that it would never happen and told to get back in line. We sounded the warnings, and were ignored, so now, people are angry.

These people are sick and tired of being treated like pawns by a banking industry that genuinely doesn't care and by a government who gives off the impression that they don't care. THey're angry, and their anger is righteous. Moreover, they have a right to be there, and having been there with them, I can see they are there for the right reasons, despite what our opponents on the right say. They deserve to have their issues addressed, and as the progressive candidate, I ask for their support.

I stand opposed to our intervention in Libya. Have we not learned from our intervention in Iraq? We were told it would be in and out. Instead, we've been bogged down in a counterinsurgency operation for a decade. You can't just go in to these countries and try to install a Western-style democracy without dismantling the strcutures they've lived by for years.

With regards to Colonel Gaddafi, I only say that he has dismantled his nuclear weapons. Saddam did the same before we invaded. Is it a coincidence that other countries which have nuclear weapons aren't targets of an invasion by us?

Where do I start? He failed to deliver on his promise of universal healthcare despite running on it and wasted a chance to be tough on Wall Street. Finally, both examples notably happened when we had a majority in Congress. These are not the markers of a President who fights for what they believe in. Instead, we get what I argue is a more hawkish policy than George Bush, and a public policy of saying one thing then doing another. The same can be applied to Senator Clinton.

I am very disappointed with the President. The progressive wing cannot be taken for granted anymore, and my colleagues up here need to understand that.

Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2018, 09:10:26 PM »
« Edited: January 03, 2018, 09:13:15 PM by New Tennessean Politician »

Phil Bredesen responds to Obama during the Debate

Mr. President are you calling me too conservative to address the concerns the of the average Democrat and of the American people? Alright then, ask Tennessee if I was too conservative for them. Ask my large amount of supporters in multiple cities if I'm too conservative for them. Ask your own vice president, Joe Biden, if he is too conservative for you. I now ask you, Mr. President, was Bill Clinton, a man who gave us a large national surplus and revived our Nation's legacy after Bush Sr., too conservative for the American people or the average democrat? Was John F. Kennedy, one of the greatest president's in our nation's history despite having a short term due to his very unfortunate assassination, too Conservative for the average Democrat and the American people? The answer is no, Mr. President, none of them were. I don't disagree with you on Feingold, that we can both agree on *chuckles* But, there is no denying that it is because of your performance as President that the Democrats lost Congress in the 2010 Midterms. It's because of you that we are dealing with an ascendant republican party filled with people who are either unknown, crazy, RINOs, or just plain racist. It's because of you that the Democratic party has lost it's touch with blue collar workers, after all, you are enacting 'Change' within this party.

I want to bring the Democrats into a more centrist position, so we can actually have a discussion with the Republicans and actually get laws passed by congress. What you're doing is ensuring that that won't happen unless something really big happens. Mr.President, the way you've handled the Democratic party the last 4 years is downright disturbing. If you were around and running for office while many Democrats still agreed with the ideals of Clinton...sorry, not you Hillary, I meant Bill... that you would have been ousted very quickly and be made a mockery. Ever since John Kerry, who you made Secretary of State, may I remind you, ran for President in 2004, the party has become more progressive, more Liberal. Mr. President, the Democratic party is in a state of disrepair and you are the cause.

As president, I will try and fix the party that you have broken but now, all because of you, I doubt I'll be able to do much. Also, for this I must say, Why do you constantly talk about 'Change' if you never do it?

Also, on your jobs idea, I agree with you on stopping outsourcing by lowering the corporate tax rate, the one that your predecessor set and you have failed to change in any significant way. But I also have to ask one more thing about it. Why are you so dead set on Alternative energy? We have plenty of Energy with coal and oil and I agree, they're both bad for the planet, don't think I'm lying when I say that, but, why phase them out completely? In west Virginia, Ohio, Kentucky, and Pennsylvania, there are still people who are making their livelihoods off of those mines that you plan to shut down. I instead propose a mixture of both Alternative energy and Fossil Fuels in our economy. Let's say 52% Alternative Energy and 48% Fossil fuels.

Finally, Mr.President, don't attack me on economic issues. Look at how Tennessee thrived during the Economic recession. Look at how it is still going strong only a year after I left. Now compare that to your Economy. Big difference, right? I rest my case.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2018, 09:18:58 PM »

Carolla responds to Congressman Upton’s Obamacare comments in the debate

Mr Upton what you just said is basically you want a diet Obamacare.

No there is nothing good about Obamacare what so ever.  Like I said earlier it is a tax basically disguised as a healthcare bill.

What you are basically saying is that you side with President Obama’s on healthcare mostly.

Doesn’t matter if you said you want to partly reform it. There will still be lots of taxes,  premiums and regulations.

Is that what you really want?

Mr.Carolla, I ask you, do you want Americans dying because they cannot afford healthcare? Do you want the people you know dead, because they couldn't afford a procedure? I may not have voted for it originally but as President Obama has said Yes We Can! and what I will say is that if we want a return of the America of the hardworking dying in the streets, because companies raise prices through the roof, Go with Carolla, but if you want Answers, Go with me Carolla says things people like, but I say things that will happen. We can't do them maybe if we had 400 Representatives and 100 Senators in Congress, but I ask him We don't get better with single party control, we get worse I do support taxing every American who can afford to be taxed but I don't support taking money out of the pockets of those who need it the most, I don't see any solution offered by you to fix this broken economy, but like the members of the occupy movement some people many of them work hard for their entire lives, but they can't do anything about rising unemployment they are the silent majority and we need to fix the problems this country has, I am offering Solutions, YOU ARE JUST OFFERING PROBLEMS!

Mr Upton your solution is not a very good one!  The thing is that the government has too much control over business. There is so much red tape like I said earlier you could fill have a room with it.

And yes we can afford my healthcare plan if we cut enough regulations and spending to pay for it.  

We spend too much money on things. Look at the money spent on common core. Its a total waste its a total joke that could be money going into reforming Medicare or Medicaid or into my healthcare system.

If you got to my website and you can look at my budget plan and you will see how we can afford it.

You are abandoning free market principals  and falling into the trap of what Obama and the democrats want you to think.

Obamacare is just one step closer to socialized medicine!

And yes I can be able to get it pass if and when we take back the senate.

Mr Upton look at the country of  Singapore . That is what I want to model my healthcare plan on. In Singapore there is competition, Harley any taxes or regulations and it is one of the best received health care systems in the world. So if its works there imagine what could it do in America.

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2018, 09:36:41 PM »
« Edited: January 03, 2018, 09:39:33 PM by Jaguar4life »

Carolla responds to Romney's answer on the second question

While your dad was in the Nixon administration  I grew up in Los Angeles's San Fernando Valley in the seventies. I was the product of separation. I would have been the product of divorce but divorce includes filling out paperwork and paying a county clerk sixty bucks to file it.

I lived with my mom who was jobless until I was about a preteen. I was lucky to have a meal at school. It was a horrible experience. I couldn't really live life till then when I moved in with my dad.

And I just am very lucky you know that I turn out to be this way a successful career like mine.

I started from the bottom and now I am at the top while you Mr Romney your dad was worth almost 200$ million dollars and was a CEO of a big corporation.

And you say your business was built from the bottom? That is insulting to me.

Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2018, 10:33:59 PM »

Governor Jindal's Debate Responses

1.- It seems one of the main concerns of rank and file Republicans is the Health Care debate and the issues that come from Obamacare. If elected President, would you repeal Obamacare? What would you replace it with?

First, I'd like to thank Lumine for hosting this great debate.

But next, I'd like to show America that unlike other candidates, I don't just chant "repeal Obamacare!" I have a real plan once Obamacare is repealed. But first, let me quickly explain why we need to replace Obamacare, as it seems that explanations for Obamacare are in short supply.

The main problem with Obamacare is that to fulfill the requirements of making it a universal health care system, it uses charges and taxes to achieve this. A good example of this is the individual mandate. This makes Americans who currently don't have health insurance and don't or can't buy health insurance pay a fee to the IRS. Originally, the fee was capped at $280 a year. However, the fee will in the future be capped at just over $2000 a year, which many poor Americans can't afford. And the total costs to taxpayers over a decade will reach three trillion dollars. Another problem is that health care providers are simply pulling out of regional exchanges due to the costs imposed by Obamacare to maintain them. And with less insurers, there is less choice, and less choice is bad for competitiveness and citizens.

So how can we replace this system? Well, the simplest way would just be to wipe out Obamacare and leave healthcare to the free market. However, this does not ensure that citizens will get the best health coverage, as rising health care costs would come back like they were before Obamacare was implemented. Between 1975 and 2005, health care costs rose 2% faster than normal economic growth (per-person).

This is where my plan comes through. First, my plan would include refundable tax credits to offset the cost of paying for a new health care system while still being able to maintain it. Obamacare does nothing to address taxpayers' concerns, but my plan will. And, to ensure that those who use the system more get more back, these tax credits increase with age. But in addition to credits, there would also be a cap on the employer exemption, so that Americans can know that they have the freedom to choose where they want their insurance from without penalty of cost, but also the government would not go farther in debt. This is all the time I have for know, but I will explain more of my system in-depth on the campaign trail.

2.- As unemployment not only fails to drop but increases in some parts of the country, there is a spirited debate about the best way to create new jobs and lower unemployment for good. Why are you a better choice than your fellow candidates when it comes to creating jobs?

As Governor of Louisiana, I made sure that our unemployment stayed well below the national average during the recession. It never went over 7.8%, while the nation exceeded 10%. During that same period, Louisiana added over 78,000 new jobs and our private sector job growth was 5%, which ranked us in the top five states in the nation. Our year-over-year job count has grown for 47 consecutive months. Our total non-farm paid employment is at our state's highest total in history. And this has attracted growth. More people are moving to Louisiana than are moving away. And these newcomers are getting well-paid jobs, too. This has increased our state's average personal income by 15%, and is also at the state's highest level in history. More than $54 billion worth is being spent in our state now since I took office. Thousands of new jobs are being created in all cities in Louisiana, such as Lake Charles and Monroe, every day. How did I do this? I cut taxes, not only for businesses, but for average Americans also. And this is why both businesses and people are moving to my state. I plan to implement the same tax cuts on a larger scale, if elected President. I could keep going on listing my job record as Governor, but I think it's pretty clear. If you want jobs, you want Jindal.

3.- Governor, one of your most famous moments in the public eye has been your response to President Obama a couple of years ago, which was remarkably criticized as a poor media appearance and casted doubts on your ability as a candidate. Can you assure voters you can avoid repeating that experience?

I'll do one thing a lot of politicians won't do. I'll own up to my mistake. I was new to the political scene and I did not take enough time to prepare for the response. But in the weeks after, I soon learned failure is the beginning of success. And, in fact, while I would have loved for the response to turn out perfectly and for me to have boosted my national profile, I don't think I would be in the place I am now without that experience. I learned key lessons not only to apply to making speeches, but also in life. And I can say, because of that, I am far better prepared for holding the office of President than those who have not suffered a failure in the same manner, because they have not learned the same life experiences I have. In fact, I recommend all presidential candidates bomb a response to the State of the Union! (laughs) In all seriousness, I'd like to say two things to all of you who are concerned about my fitness as a presidential candidate based solely upon a speech I made three years ago. I have changed as person and a candidate since then, so don't expect the same failure. And more importantly, don't judge a book by its cover.

Response to Senator Chambliss:

First of all, Senator, you say that you "outed me" and that your comments were "founded in truth." Is fabricating a story that I was not born in America, when in fact I was born in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, the truth? Second, you say that you have "some more information regarding Governor Jindal that will be released shortly." Is this a threat? America, this is the kind of man Senator Chambliss is. He first not only makes up complete lies to support his racist remarks, but he next threatens this campaign with a "release of information." Are these the qualities you want in a president, America? Do these qualities represent honesty and truth, two critical qualities in a person who will be the leader of the free world? Here's my rebuttal to the Senator: release whatever "information" you have. I'm not concerned. America will see right through it.

Closing statement

America, when we ended the last campaign for President, we thought we would see radical change. We thought our nation would be far improved by now. Well, we're now at the end of the President's term. And we can see that Obama's administration has failed the American people. He has changed America, but for the worse. Unemployment is at record highs, our economy is in shambles, and Obama is destroying our nation's standing in the world. We are no longer a world superpower; instead, other nations are dictating where our jobs and products will go. Now, I'm supposed to explain to you why I'm a better choice for president than the rest of these people on this stage. But I'll admit, almost all of these people on this stage will be a better option than Obama or one of his far-left opponents. But my Republican opponents are just "good enough". Let's not settle for "good enough". Choose a candidate that will create real change in America. Choose a candidate that will look out for all Americans, no matter how much money you have in your wallet. Choose a candidate that will rebuild our nation from the ground up, by proposing a real replacement for Obamacare and making sure that true conservative values will be back in government, while making sure that we will be cooperative in getting these values through. Choose a candidate that won't work for themselves, but for America. And most importantly, choose a candidate that will defeat the Democrats, and Obama, in 2012.

I am this candidate. And this is why I humbly ask for your vote, no matter what state you live in. Thank you.

The information was "chickengate" governor.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2018, 10:46:29 PM »
« Edited: January 09, 2018, 01:34:32 PM by Rep. wxtransit »

Governor Jindal's statement on recent accusations by Senator Chambliss

Charleston, South Carolina
September 1, 2011

DFL

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2018, 11:33:56 PM »

Gov. Romney's Response to Mr. Carolla

Mr. Carolla, you are right. I was incredibly fortunate to come from a family with wealth and opportunity.  My father, however, came from a much different background. My dad was born in Mexico to Mormon parents whose homes came under fire from raiding and marauders. When he moved to Utah as a teenager he worked in the fields to help his family and his schooling. My father started from nothing, but believed in America just as you did. He sold paint during his honeymoon with my mother to finance it, and took that entrepreneurial spirit to Michigan, where I was born.

My father taught me and my siblings that just because we had more than our neighbors didn't make us better than them, nor did it give us an excuse to not work hard. My dad taught us the same things he learned chasing the American dream -- perseverance, hard work, and hope.

Mr. Carolla, I'm sure you can relate to my father's entrepreneurial spirit, and with his quest to find the American dream. It gave him a chance to give his kids a better life, just as it has for you. I acknowledge that I grew up more fortunate than most, but I think we can agree on this: no matter who we are or where we came from, the American dream we fight for is foundationally rooted in freedom. Economic freedom and civil liberty. This is why I think we need a Republican in the White House in 2012, so we can bring these freedoms back to Americans trying to make their American Dream happen, for folks like my dad and you who knew what this country had to offer.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2018, 11:43:57 PM »

Mr.Carolla, do you know how many people live in Singapore? 5 million, thats 1/60th of the United States Population, and correct me if I am wrong, but Singapore is also a fraction of the size of the United States both Geographically and Economically. You sound like a Democrat right now, I want to be like Scandinavia. I don't want to live in Singapore because I am an American, I dont know much about Singapore it could be a beautiful country, but I dont care because this is America and we don't need to be like Singapore, you're proposing things that we don't know if they will work we know now ObamaCare does work and it helps millions of people from Alabama to Michigan to West Virginia.  
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2018, 12:00:26 AM »

Mr.Carolla, do you know how many people live in Singapore? 5 million, thats 1/60th of the United States Population, and correct me if I am wrong, but Singapore is also a fraction of the size of the United States both Geographically and Economically. You sound like a Democrat right now, I want to be like Scandinavia. I don't want to live in Singapore because I am an American, I dont know much about Singapore it could be a beautiful country, but I dont care because this is America and we don't need to be like Singapore, you're proposing things that we don't know if they will work we know now ObamaCare does work and it helps millions of people from Alabama to Michigan to West Virginia.  

No you are the Democrat. You are on a Republican stage in bunch of Republican talking about how Obamacare is great and how you want European style socialism where there is big government regulations and a 90% tax rate and strict gun laws

Is that what you want?  You just sound like a Democrat!. And im saying America should be Singapore what I am saying is America’s healthcare should be like Singapore’s!
DFL

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2018, 12:19:27 AM »

Campaign Schedule, September 2011

Constants:
ALWAYS visit small towns and hold town halls and local events
ALWAYS visit college campuses and meet with campus political groups, both Republican and non-partisan
ALWAYS try to eat lunch at local restaurants, with locals
ALWAYS do research on new small towns, including local leaders, issues, etc. so that I am able to talk about local issues an connect with voters
ALWAYS visit small businesses and talk to workers, owners, etc.
ALWAYS keep note of who I meet, and bring them up in future speeches and debates
ALWAYS talk to anyone who wants to, no matter who they are or what their political affiliation is

Schedule:
September 1-6: Iowa
September 7-10: New Hampshire
September 11: New York City
September 12-13: New Hampshire
September 14-19: South Carolina
September 20-25: Florida
September 26-30: Nevada

Iowa (Sept. 1-6)
Hold rallies in Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Davenport, Dubuque
Drive between destinations, emphasize meeting constituents in small-towns across the state
Eat meals with locals, visit farms, factories, workshops, college campuses
Emphasize job growth, economic freedom

New Hampshire (Sept. 7-10, 12-13)
Hold rallies in Concord, Manchester
Travel across state, visiting small-town constituents and holding town halls
Eat meals with locals, visit farms, factories, workshops
Tout record in Massachusetts, New England ties
Emphasize individual freedoms and liberties

New York City (Sept. 11)
Visit 9/11 memorial
Break from campaigning

South Carolina (Sept. 14-19)
Hold rallies in Charleston, Columbia
Travel between small towns, visit SC State
Emphasize Obamacare repeal, tour hospitals and talk to workers, administrators

Florida (Sept. 20-25)
Hold Rallies in Miami, St. Petersburg/Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville
In Miami: emphasize being tough on the Castro regime, and criticize Obama’s lax policies
Drive through state, starting at Miami to Jacksonville
Emphasize: Obamacare, foreign policy

Nevada (Sept. 26-30)
Hold Rallies in Las Vegas, Reno, Carson City
Focus on: immigration, job growth, renewable energies

To campaign staff: Focus on volunteer recruitment efforts and staffing at state HQs, especially in the first contests. In early stages of outreach, spread the word about Romney’s background, credentials, and vision for America.

Speeches and specific details will be posted throughout the turn.

DFL

« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2018, 12:50:21 AM »

Interview with CNN
September 8, 2011

DFL

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2018, 01:14:49 AM »

Bedford, New Hampshire
September 12th, 2011

DFL

« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2018, 01:37:07 AM »

Romney 2012 Ad #1
"Believing in America: The Romney Story"

Air in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Nevada, Florida

My father, George Romney, was born into a family of little wealth at the turn of the 20th century, but that didn't stop him.

After working in the fields to help his family earn money, he met my mother Lenore. Life wasn't easy, though.

My dad sold paint on his honeymoon to pay for it, and never spent a day of his life without that same energy that he dedicated to chasing the American Dream so that his kids could have a better life.

When I was young, he instilled that same work ethic in me, a mentality that if you want something, you have to work for it. That's me on the left (chuckles).

I took that work ethic to the Salt Lake City Olympic Games, and to Massachusetts, where as Governor I created 100,000 jobs and balanced the state budget.

Now I want to take that same dedication to the Presidency, where I know that when we believe in the potential of America, we can create a future where just like my father, anyone can chase and find the American Dream.

Let's make it happen, America. I know that if we work together, we can accomplish whatever we put our minds to. I'm Mitt Romney, and I approve this message.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2018, 05:50:27 AM »

Upton 2012 First AD
[/b]

Ad plays in Michigan New Hampshire and Iowa

Hello, Im Fred Upton, and I have been a US congressman for 26 years, that may sounds like a long time, but with the Partisan Deadlock in Congress we have barely gotten anything done, Im not here to blame the democrats only though. Simple Solutions is something people and the right and left want to hear, but we can't get those through, why? Not because we don't want to, but because Republicans and Democrats are more focused on getting reelected then getting solutions for every person in their district.

*cut to Upton and his Family including Kate*

isn't that what our country is really about family, not partisan issues, but we need to focus on not just fighting for Labor rights, and education, but making sure that the American Tax Payer can afford it all. I will not say that it is all Democrats faults as in 2008 when President Obama took office,
 the average household income was lower then it had been 8 years earlier under President Clinton.
 We don't need to settle these issues by Blue state or Red state we need to settle them by getting the American people back to work whether this is in Iowa New Hampshire or even in Southwest Michigan We need the American Manufacturers back to work.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2018, 07:06:48 AM »
« Edited: January 04, 2018, 07:09:20 AM by New Tennessean Politician »

Phil Bredesen Ad (set to run in All 50 states from September 27th-October 15th)

Hi, I'm Phil Bredesen, I'm running for the Democratic Nomination in 2012 and I want to tell you why. I want to ask you something America. for years, we've had to deal with someone who promised a whole lot of change but gave us nothing in return. Our debt hasn't had a dent be hammered into it, Our Economy is still on the rocks, and unemployment is still high in the United States. Sadly, when we gave President Obama the keys to the White House, we gave them to a liar who was able to just completely charm you and not follow on any of his campaign promises. He also refuses to work with both parties, even when it is in the interest of the American people. I'm running for the President because I have the right kind of experience and the actual track record that it will take to work across party lines to fix the lines in Washington and bring common sense back to our government. Before I ran for office, I was a businessman. I was the CEO of a successful public company, this on the New York Stock Exchange, one I started on my kitchen table and grew to 6000 Employees."

"I was a successful Mayor, lots of jobs, revitalized Downtown, the National predators, the Tennessee Titans. When I was sworn in as Governor, Tenncare was out of control and our bond rating was heading south. And then we had the meltdown of the great recession. With a lot of hard choices, we managed our way through all of that. Without an income tax and without raising the sales tax. And we didn't just 'Get through it', we prospered, we put new money in education, especially in teacher's salaries. We brought in new jobs and investment, our rainy day fund hit new highs and we achieved a triple bond rate, one of the best there is. There's no reason the President and congress can't do the same thing. I love the people of America and we need and deserve something better than what we're getting from Washington, and we need and deserve a president who can make that happen. I'm applying for the job.

End of Phil Bredesen 'Why I'm Running' Ad. Uploaded on philbredesenfor2012 .com a few hours later and then added on Youtube. received around 16 million views so far and counting.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2018, 11:42:30 AM »

Adam Carolla campaign ad
A Different Kind Of Tax Plan (A campaign ad that ran in all 50 states

Hi I’m Adam Carolla you may no me as just another comedian. However I am just more than I am a fighter and a father and a proud Amercian.  

I don’t just say stuff to get votes or to gain popularity I speak from the heart and I think that’s what America wants for a  president.  

I know some of my ideas may not be with you at first glance. However if you take your time and look at it I think you will find your self  in conclusion to agree with them.

As President I will cut everything single unnecessary regulations and taxes on America people and reform our tax code that will favor hard working Americans.  

As a matter of fact here are all the taxes that will be cut. *Carolla holds out a long piece of paper and tears it up bit by bit*

I will replace the IRS with a constitutional 15-20% flat tax and make filling out your taxes way easier.

I will balance the budget and recuse the wasteful amount of spending that goes on in Washington and settle that with a balence budget amendment that will set limits on how the government can spend on things.

You might be wonder to yourself. How popular is this?  Well a study at the National tax foundation agree with me that this will create 2 million new jobs and will create economic growth for quite some time.
However I am not running for their approval im running for this country’s

This all and all is just part of the plan to defeat the Washington machine.  

It will shake up Washington and Wall Street no doubt.

And they should fear if this happens

I’m Adam Carolla and I approve this message.

(Carolla’s ad would go viral  overnight and would be the top trending video on YouTube)
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2018, 11:51:21 AM »

Phil Bredesen Interview with MSNBC on September 28th

DFL

« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2018, 01:05:37 PM »

Las Vegas, Nevada
September 29th, 2011

DFL

« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2018, 01:33:23 PM »
« Edited: January 04, 2018, 06:39:47 PM by DFL »

Columbia, South Carolina
September 15th, 2011

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2018, 02:07:23 PM »

ADAM CAROLLA’s INTERVIEW WITH WOLF BLITZER

Alright thank you John joins us now is Republican Presidental candidate Adam Carolla who recently put out a viral campaign ad called a Different Kind Of Tax Plan

Glad you are on here.

Thanks Wolf

Wolf:Your ad displayed a pretty conservative take on tax reform something that is way more out there than the Romney or McCain campaign did back in 2008.

Adam:Well this is just the first of a series I am doing so you ain’t see nothing yet Wolf.  Yes our tax code hasn’t been reformed for almost 30 years. The Republicans not all but some haven’t even cared yet about putting in such a system and yet there they are acting like a typical politician just saying this to get elected.

Wolf:Some criticism of your plans has been that you wouldn’t be able to afford such a Tax Plan and that those taxes help with certain programs in this country.

Adam:Well hear me out Wolf. I live in California one of the most Tax happy states in the country and just look at our roads and infrastructure  they still look broken yet Govenor Brown tells us that all those taxes we are spoused to pay will help with that system and I don’t see it. It’s still the same old broken roads that Brown promised that he would fix and so far he has done nothing.

Our state has tripled our deficit and our government still has result to tax after tax after tax. And that’s what I feel Obama is doing.

So I don’t see the problem with people keeping more of their own money while the Democrats act like its some act of terror or something.

*He pulls out two pieces of paper* I have in my right hand the taxes cut in my Tax Plan and in my left this is Romney’s plan. Look at the difference. My plan would cut not just new taxes but taxes and regulations  from administrations before. While Romney’s just cuts newer taxes and regulations from this administration.  So it’s a big difference.

I also plan to cut the corporate tax by 20-30% so we can finally get the upper hand in  competition with other countries while Romney’s only gets it up to 10 which isn’t good enough.

And I totally believe that we can get this past. You got Forbes and you got Reason magazine calling it the most conservative economic plan since Steve Forbes in 1996 that is quite a big accomplishment right there.

I also mentioned that I would put in a balanced budget amendment. Which there will be more ads about that so don’t worry.

Wolf:Well thank you for being on here and we can’t wait for your town hall with us in Nevada coming soon.

DFL

« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2018, 02:22:31 PM »

Romney 2012 Ad #2
"Mr. Fix It"
Air in all early primary and caucus states

Mitt Romney has been fixing things for decades.

Through his time at three different companies, Romney created over 100,000 jobs through smart deals and learned how businesses really work.

At the doomed Salt Lake City Olympic Games, over-budget and embroiled in scandal, Romney used his business know-how to turn the games into a major success, and a source of pride for the country.

And as Governor of Massachusetts, Mitt Romney fixed the broken state healthcare system and out-of-control spending, balancing the state’s budget and creating jobs.

After four years of the Obama nightmare, who do you trust to fix the state of our country?

Our healthcare?

Our economy?

Trust Mitt. No other candidate has the decades of experience in business and government that America needs to prosper again.

ROMNEY: It’s time to fix the crisis we’re in. I’m Mitt Romney, and I approve this message.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2018, 05:28:28 PM »

Carolla Update

Carolla went back to New Hampshire and campaigned on the legalization of marijuana and how that will be a priority on Day 1 and to fight the drug war.

Carolla started setting shop with offices in all major parts of New Hampshire and even part of Vermont and mostly would end up getting big with the younger voters which bought his message of freedom.

Carolla is expected to be the most popular of the Libertarian Republicans.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2018, 06:43:20 PM »

Chris Christie.
Fighting For You.

Announcement Speech

''It's great to be back here in my old high School in Livingstone. God, if you'd told that the arrogant, headstrong, confident kid that one day he'd be running for President, you know what he'd say, 'don't ever change.' (laughs from the crowd)

That kid knew, like I do now, that the most important task given to us is to stand up and fight. Whether it was the group of bullies that use to parade the halls with their chests puffed out,or the school administrators who use to tell us we couldn't go and study because the Union's were on strike, you need to stand up. Because you know what happens when you stand up; people take notice.

So I want America to take notice of this; I'm Chris Christie, and I'm standing up today to run for President of the United States.

I'm standing up so that that I can fight for every single American  I've had citizens from across the land, from Utah, to Iowa, from New Hampshire, to South Carolina all tell me a simple message; they want someone with the guts to fight. They don't want someone who sounds like he's just left the Harvard debating team, they don't someone who's running a campaign from 2002, they don't want someone who follows Barack Obama's every weak, stumbling turn. They want someone who can fight.

You know I could have sat back in New Jersey, I have a great job as Governor, in the greatest state in the America. But I couldn't watch was happening to my country continue. I couldn't watch as a weak, cowardly President prepared another campaign based on deceit, and I certainly couldn't sit back when I knew that America, more so than any day since 1980, needs someone in the Oval Office, who can fight for the ordinary men, and women, out there, who are just trying to make a buck.

We've got some tremendous challenges out there; a stagnant economy, with job growth grinding to a halt, with another recession just on the horizon. The private sector is shrinking, businesses are failing at a record rate, and you know what's worst of all; it's seeing those people who've lost out, those people who've been harmed by this useless President, it's seeing those people get up every morning, it's seeing the pain in there face knowing that there isn't any work out there. Where is the dignity in that?

But ya know, there is hope. Look at New Jersey. I'm gonna warn ya, you're gonna hear a lot about New Jersey (cheers) I'm sure Mitt is making some poor intern search through every part of our state, but believe me, I'm ready to fight them every step of the way.

Here in New Jersey we've done what Washington has failed to do; we've balanced a budget twice, without raising taxes, and whilst protecting vital services. We've reformed our healthcare, and pension system that was collectively underfunded by $121 billion. We've capped property taxes, and you know what makes me most proud. We've been honest with people. We've told them the truth. We've told them that times will be hard, we've told them that they're not gonna like every decision we make, and we've told them 'the old ways need to change.'

So I'm going to start this campaign by being honest. We need to rein in our out of control entitlement reform. We need to Washington to balance it's budget, we need to break the stranglehold that union bosses have over our kids future and you know what. We need to to crack some heads together, get out the way, and let the private sector create some quality jobs again.

Barack Obama is never going to be honest with America. He's going to appeal to his slice of the electoral. He's going to appeal to the 51% of voters his campaign has worked out to target. He's going to be doing a hell lot of pandering in this primary.

But hold on, I know, it's easy to say that. It's easy for any Republican to stand up here, and talk about how bad President Obama is. In fact, I expect we'll see Hillary Clinton again on stage talking about how bad President Obama is (laughs)

What's hard is to get results. You know I was appointed U.S Attorney just after 9/11. Every single person in this room knows the pain that America felt that day; we know the suffering that our country went through. But we also know what Americans did; they hit back. They got straight back up, and they fought, and they fought, and they fought (cheers). I'm the only candidate running who has stood up in court, and prosecuted terrorists who were trying to kill our brave Troops in Fort Dix. Believe me, when you've stood up in court and sent terrorists behind bars, you're not worried about what the talking heads in Washington say.

Mary-Pat is giving me a look now, she always says that only thing worst than an Attorney, is an Attorney talking about his successful cases. But just remember this, whether it was putting terrorists behind bars, or getting 132 successful prosecutions, I've been there; fighting for America.

But being a U.S Attorney was only the second most important job in my life; the first was to my family, to my brilliant wife Mary-Pat, to my 4 amazing kids and to my folks; my Dad, Bill, standing right behind me, and my wonderful, wonderful mom, Sondra who isn't here today, god rest her.

You know the last time I saw my mom, she was sat in hospital. I held her hand, and you know what she said to me. She told me that 'there was nothing unsaid.'' She knew how much I loved her, and by god, I knew how much she loved me. She begged me, she told me to 'go back to work, to do my duty' and that's why I'm standing here today. I'm standing here today to so that together, we can fight, to get this country back to work.

So please, join our my fight. Join our campaign. Join us to fight for the America we know, and love. Thank you New Jersey!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies