Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:18:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 21
Author Topic: Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 26540 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: January 14, 2018, 10:23:17 PM »

Endorsements from Turn Three:

Christie: Mitch Daniels, Jeb Bradley.
Fletcher: Nathan Deal, Paul LePage.
Carolla: Dr Drew, Thomas Sorwell.
Paul: FreedomWorks, Bill Weld.
Jones: Pat Buchanan, Bob Smith.
Jindal: Charles Boustany, Jennifer Carroll.
Upton: Olympia Snowe, Dick Lugar.

Clinton: Diane Feinstein, Mark Warner.

Clark: David Boren, William Cohen.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #226 on: January 14, 2018, 10:32:01 PM »

Debate Winners:

GOP:

The latest debate had the misfortune of having the lowest viewers so far, mostly because several candidates such as Romney, Palin, Trump and Jindal could not make it for personal reasons (or chose not to make an appearance), leaving only six to debate on the stage. Out of them, it was the common agreement that Governor Chris Christie had won the debate with an excellent performance, touching on his "tough-talking" style to appeal directly to the base and support his rise in the polls. Most of his rivals were seen as having put on a strong performance as well, although nowhere nearly as memorable as the one given by Christie. Despite not reaching the top, Jones, Fletcher, Paul and Carolla (in that order) drew benefits from the exposure, whereas Congressman Upton continues to draw negative headlines by promoting policies despised by his party's base.

DEM:

Also a debate with low viewership, only Hillary Clinton and Phil Bredesen came to the debate stage. The early course of the debate itself was not necessarily controversial, with Clinton delivering a strong performance and Bredesen giving an acceptable performance as well. Alas, when the time came for Bredesen to attack Senator Clinton, things unraveled quickly for him. A disastrous attempt at mimicking Lloyd Bentsen's line against Dan Quayle was met with mocking laughter from the audience, and attacks on the Clinton Presidency (popular among Democrats) drew more criticism. Clinton was seen to have responded strongly, cementing the downward spiral of the Bredesen campaign and helping her shot to the top after President Obama left the race. As a result, it was almost unanimous among the pundits that Senator Hillary Clinton had scored a large victory.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #227 on: January 14, 2018, 10:36:49 PM »

December 1, 2011

Press Release from the office of Vice President Biden

I'm sure some of you are aware that I've been considering running for President for the last two weeks. The rumors are true. Today, I filed to enter the Presidential race, to complete President Obama's unfinished legacy. We have a lot of work left to do, from taking down terrorist organizations across the world, to defending the rights of the poor underprivileged and left behind. Above all, we need to stop the dynastic attitudes that the Clinton's seem to have. I give my word as a Biden, that we will prevail, and that even if we do not, neither will Senator Clinton.
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #228 on: January 14, 2018, 10:50:14 PM »

Phil Bredesen announces withdrawl for race

As of a few minutes ago, former Tennessee governor Phil Bredesen has announced that he is officially dropping out of the race and has endorsed Former Vice President Joe Biden to be the Democratic Nominee. At the same time, his son, Benjamin, announced that he is running for the Senate seat of the rather lukewarm popular Lamar Alexander in 2014 in order to gain some Washington experience and serve his state well well. His son has the godsend of having his father's Govenorship and mayoral record behind him without the conspiracy theories scandal that plagued his father as well. Benjamin stated that he will work across party lines to make sure that every Tennessean will get what they need with him as senator and has stated that no matter who wins the presidency, if he wins, he will be there to call out the president on the things he does wrong and the things he does right.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #229 on: January 15, 2018, 10:47:17 AM »

Joe Biden-Going to Fly Now

Vice President Biden spent most of the month of December almost exclusively in Iowa, hoping to secure a win in an early state and secure momentum. The only days he spent outside of Iowa were Christmas, which he spent in Delaware with family, and the week between Christmas and New Year's Day, which he mostly spent in New Hampshire.

Biden was happy to welcome the endorsements of his son Beau, and Secretary of State John Kerry, a sign President Obama's cabinet was falling in line behind him, and a possible prelude to an Obama endorsement (or so he hoped).  While he was less happy to welcome the endorsement of Phil Bredesen he recognized he needed the help in the South, and in Appalachia, and as such, accepted the endorsement, and encouraged Breseden to campaign for him in South Carolina, Florida and other future Southern/Appalachian states.

Biden finally proposed a series of town hall meetings with both his Democratic and Republican opponents (though he assumed that the proposal would not go anywhere, especially with his Republican rivals), two every month until the conventions.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #230 on: January 15, 2018, 11:29:22 AM »

Carolla endorsed by Art Laffer in New Hampshire

Good day New Hampshire!  I come here to endorse Adam Carolla. As the person who designed  Reaganomics who helped get Amercia out of the dark times of the late 70s. Which boomed the economy throughout the 80s.  I come out here through this time of Economic darkness that Adam Carolla is the best man for the economy!!  His economic plan would make President Reagan smile and want to shake his hand

He will cut taxes for everyone person and income and every business and their income.  He will cut wasteful spending enough so that this country doesn’t spend itself to death.

And I am telling you if you want to get out and save the economy go out and vote for Adam Carolla!!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #231 on: January 15, 2018, 12:37:24 PM »

Hillary Clinton Campaign Schedule
December 1 to December 25, 2011

December 1 and December 2: Senator Clinton continues her campaign visit in Iowa. She is joined on the campaign trail by Former President Clinton and Michigan Senator Debbie Stabenow. The trio travel to various farms and ranches in Benton and Tama Counties to discuss Senator Clinton's plan to support rural and agricultural communities. Senator Clinton and Senator Stabenow also hold a town hall meeting at Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa after a day of meeting with students and coordinating youth turnout for the Iowa Caucus.

December 3: Senator Clinton takes a train to Chicago from Iowa. During the brief stop in Chicago, Senator Clinton holds a lunch meeting with leading African American community leaders to discuss a solution to Chicago's homicide crisis. Coming out of the meeting, Senator Clinton declares "the way to end this crisis ... is to get illegal guns off the streets and keep guns out of the hands of unstable and dangerous people." From Chicago, Senator Clinton flies to Colorado.

December 4 to December 7: In Colorado, Senator Clinton holds a press conference in Denver with Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper to accept Governor Hickenlooper's endorsement. Following the press conference, Senator Clinton and Governor Hickenlooper visit the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs. At the Academy, Senator Clinton applauds the cadets for "their dedication to their country" and their "willingness to give the highest measure of devotion." Senator Clinton also tours the Qwest Communications Company office in Denver, meets with students brought to the U.S. illegally in Boulder, and holds a rally at the Two Rivers Convention Center in Grand Junction. She also does some Christmas shopping at Innisfree Poetry Bookstore in Boulder.

December 8 to December 15: Senator Clinton flies from Colorado to Nevada for another campaign swing through the Silver State. While in Nevada, Senator Clinton holds several town hall meetings across the state: in Henderson, Carson City, Elko, and Fallon. She also visits a shooting range in Elko. While at the shooting range, she stresses that her gun control policy is designed to keep "especially dangerous" guns out of the hands of "dangerous people", not to stop normal people from being able to go out shooting with their friends or hunt. Senator Clinton does not actually fire any weapons at the visit. Before leaving Nevada, Senator Clinton meets with students at Great Bason College in Elko and gives a speech there on her plan to revitalize the American economy.

December 16 to December 20: The Clinton Campaign moves from Nevada to Arizona. Early on the schedule is a visit to the U.S.-Mexico border with border control agents to "get hands-on experience with the complex issue" of illegal border crossings. She meets with leaders of the Navajo Nation to discuss the relationship between the Navajo and the Federal government, as well as visiting Dine College. Senator Clinton also gives a speech in Mesa on healthcare reform, where she applauds the "starting point" of ObamaCare but stresses "the importance of creating a more fair system that works for everyone". Her plan includes the expansion of CHIP, bringing down out-of-pocket costs, and pressuring each state to expand Medicaid access.

December 21: Senator Clinton flies from Arizona to Arkansas. Senator Clinton holds a rally at the University of Arkansas to rally centrist and conservative Democrats to her cause. She uses the rally to take a hit at Governor Bredesen, calling him "a conspiracy theorist right out of Breitbart HQ", and tying him to Vice President Biden, saying "anyone who would accept [Governor Bredesen's] endorsement is not the kind of person we need in the Oval Office."

December 22 and December 23: After the Arkansas rally, Senator Clinton flies from Arkansas to South Carolina. She and Former President Clinton tour Pelham Road Elementary School in Greenville and meet with students. Senator Clinton speaks after the tour to discuss the need for increasing funding to school districts "so that every child has a fair chance to succeed." She also meets with local Democratic Party officials and then goes door-knocking in Charleston with Democratic Party voluneers.

December 24 and December 25: Senator Clinton, former President Clinton, Chelsea, and Marc spend Christmas Eve volunteering at a soup kitchen near their Chappaqua home. They spend Christmas Day together in Chappaqua.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #232 on: January 15, 2018, 03:26:51 PM »

Christie: ''Attacks are gonna start flying. My job is to whack 'em away.''

You must be logged in to read this quote.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #233 on: January 15, 2018, 04:13:19 PM »

Hillary Clinton Ad #4
Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow, Airing Nationwide

Hillary Clinton Ad #5
In His Own Words, Airing Nationwide

- Scene opens with clips of children looking at TV screens, as audio of various quotes from Joe Biden run in the background -

BIDEN (VOICE OVER): I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.

BIDEN (VOICE OVER): You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.... I'm not joking.

- Scene shifts to Biden speaking in Missouri in 2010 -

BIDEN: Stand up, Chuck, let 'em see ya.

- Scene shifts back to children looking a TV screens as audio of various quotes from Joe Biden run in the back ground -

BIDEN (VOICE OVER): This is a big f**king deal!

BIDEN (VOICE OVER): An hour late, oh give me a f**king break.

- Scene shifts to Biden campaigning in 1987, next to Neil Kinnock campaigning in 1987, playing with a few seconds difference between Kinnock and Biden -

KINNOCK: Why am I the first Kinnock in a thousand generations to be able to get to university? Why is Glenys the first woman in her family in a thousand generations to be able to get to university? Was it because all our predecessors were thick?

BIDEN: ... Why is it that Joe Biden is the first in his family ever to go to a university? Why is it that my wife who is sitting out there in the audience is the first in her family to ever go to college? Is it because our fathers and mothers were not bright? Is it because I'm the first Biden in a thousand generations to get a college and a graduate degree that I was smarter than the rest?

- Scene shifts to children, looking away from the TV and up at their parents, who look very concerned -

NARRATOR (VOICE OVER): Is Joe Biden the example we want to set for our children?

- Scene cuts to Hillary For America logo and legal information -

HILLARY (VOICE OVER): I'm Hillary Clinton and I approve this message.

Hillary Clinton Ad #6
Why Are You Running?, Airing Nationwide

- Scene opens with generic clips of Joe Biden campaigning -

NARRATOR (VOICE OVER): Why is Vice President Biden running for President? Is Joe Biden running to correct the problems of the Obama Administration? Is Joe Biden running to bring back jobs for the American people?

- Scene cuts to a shot of Biden's announcement press release, with the following line highlighted -

NARRATOR (VOICE OVER): "I give my word as a Biden, that we will prevail, and that even if we do not, neither will Senator Clinton."

- Scene cuts to black and white pictures of Joe Biden looks dejected -

NARRATOR (VOICE OVER): Maybe Joe Biden is running because he thinks Senator Hillary Clinton is unqualified, or that he could do a better job than her?

- Scene cuts to video of Joe Biden speaking in 2008 -

BIDEN: "Make no mistake about this. Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be Vice President of the United States of America. Quite frankly, it might have been a better pick than me."

NARRATOR (VOICE OVER): Why is Joe Biden running for President? To stop Hillary Clinton, who even he recognizes is more qualified than he is.

- Scene shifts to cheery clips of Hillary Clinton campaigning -

CLINTON (VOICE OVER): I'm running for President because there are too many young girls who don't believe they can be President because they are girls. I'm running for President because there are too many people struggling to just get by. I'm running for President because our country deserves our best. I'm Hillary Clinton, and I'm running for President because I have a bold vision for our country and a record of getting things done.

Hillary Clinton Ad #7
Why I Like Hillary, Airing Nationwide

- Scene opens with a middle-aged woman sitting on a couch with a cup of coffee, looking at the camera -

WOMAN: This is my favorite part of the day: the kids are off to school, my husband is at work, and I've got my "me time" before my shift starts. It's a great time to just think about the day. On the news every night, they talk about the Presidential election. Romney, Christie, Feingold - I guess Biden is running now, too.

But you know what? I really like Hillary. I don't know, there's something about her. She seems honest and open, and I know she's a role model for my little girl. She's got all that experience from being First Lady and Senator, and I know who she is. She's a strong woman and I like that, but there's something more: she's a qualified woman.

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #234 on: January 15, 2018, 04:20:03 PM »

Adam Carolla in a New Hampshire Q&A town hall in Manchester

Question 1:Mr Carolla what do you think of Ron Paul and what are your differences between him you?

Carolla:I respect Congressman Paul I think he has been a fighter or Liberty in Congress throughout the years. However on some social issues he is a little bit extreme. And no this isn’t a attack on Paul I am just wondering why he has apologized for the newsletters he put out in the late 70s and early 80s and him wanting to not vote for the Civil Rights act of 1964 you know.

I strongly condemn those things.   I get called a Moderate Republican and that’s fine to me.  Now Chris Christie is no moderate. So yes I don’t mind being called a Libertarian, Populist  and Moderate Republican. Now I do put myself on some issues with the Tea Party such as the economy and immigration.

However beside those things I have no problem with the man himself.

Question 2:Mr Carolla what are your views on President Obama dropping out of the race?

Carolla:Well im kinda sad because I wanted to beat him *He laughs* But I am mostly glad cause that’s prove that he was and is a weak leader and a total failure who got nothing done in his presidency. He makes Jimmy Carter look like George Washington by comparison and that is saying something.

And Biden? That’s putting salt on the wound. He’s not good enough for the Democrats to keep the White House he just sat their on the sidelines as he watched this presidency fail.

Hillary Clinton I will would be worse. She is corrupt to the bone and some of the stuff she has said sends shiver down my spines. Does anyone know of the story of the Tacoma Bridge? Well it was spouse this perfect bridge that was built in the 40s in Tacoma Washington however a few months later furious wind knock it down into millions of pieces and I feel like that’s what has happen to Obama’s Coalition.

It was spouse be this popular and nothing could stop it powerhouse but look at it now we are now seeing it crumble into millions of pieces.

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #235 on: January 15, 2018, 07:43:01 PM »

Joe Biden response to Hillary Clinton's ad, from Cedar Rapids, Iowa

It's true that I believe Senator Clinton is more qualified that I am in many respects. However, there are qualifications, and there qualifications. I have served in government service continuously since 1973, and I am one of our parties experts on foreign policy. Meanwhile Senator Clinton seeks to  continue a political dynasty best known for the scandals of Whitewater, Travelgate, Filegate, and Lewinskygate, Pardongate, and numerous other scandals. I have defended her in the past, but I will do so no longer!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #236 on: January 15, 2018, 09:28:53 PM »

4th Democratic Presidential Debate:

Note: All Democratic candidates are invited to attend. You have a right to reply to other candidates, but don't make it a ten post argument. Finally, you can end your performance with a closing statement. Good luck!

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #237 on: January 15, 2018, 09:47:21 PM »

4th Republican Presidential Debate:

Note: All Republican candidates are invited to attend, and you can of course reply to other candidates briefly. You can end your performance with a closing statement. Good luck!

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #238 on: January 15, 2018, 10:02:04 PM »

Biden Debate answers (minus any replies to other candidates)

We need to offer a carrot and stick approach to North Korea, like what Bill Clinton and George W. Bush did in Libya to persuade Mumnamar Qaddafi to abandon his program. If it means promising Kim Jong-Un we'll protect his regime for the duration of a Biden Presidency to get him to disarm his nuclear weapons, it's a trade I'm willing to make. But the stick, would be more serious than just sanctions, and would likely be an invasion of North Korea, presumably with the cooperation and military support of the Chinese Government.

I'm pro-free trade in many instances, but there are certainly some trade pacts that are completely detrimental to this country. No one in Oman, Morocco, Bahrain or Jordan buys our products, largely because of our foreign policy, nor will anyone in Qatar, where we've had a proposed trade agreement since 2006. So, I'm in support of trade agreements where people are willing to buy goods from us, but I oppose trade agreements that don't favor us.

First off, I think President Obama forgave me for anything I said about him on the campaign trail, or he never would have picked me to serve as his Vice President. Second, I think the malapropism's are part of who I am, just as Senator Clinton's corruption is part of who she is, or Governor Christie's overeating is part of who he is. I can't really change that side of myself without getting a lobotomy, and that probably would not be a good thing.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #239 on: January 15, 2018, 10:04:26 PM »
« Edited: January 16, 2018, 11:04:13 AM by Jaguar4life »

Carolla campaign answers

1.Mr. Carolla, you've spoken at length in Florida about NASA and reviving the Space Program, an issue that, while strongly attractive to many, has also brought criticism from some fiscal-conservative voters due to the spending that would be necessary. So how would you pay for these proposals?

Carolla:Well you got to remember  President Eisenhower was able to balence the budget in 1957 and still able to create NASA and President Nixon was able to balence the budget in 1969 and we still got to the moon.  
NASA goes under the category of defense and our defense spending has seen massive cuts in 2009 and 2010 and NASA is one of those programs. To my doubters think about this.

If we get rid of spending on things that are a total waste like Common Core or the Department Of Education in general which I feel has made education worse in this country  and save money that we usually give to other countries. And if rewrite our tax code back to like what it was before the 1860s which means no IRS.
That would be enough to balence the budget and be able to get our NASA goals accomplished.

Now I have gotten complaints from both sides.  One side says we need those government programs like the Education Department, Homeland Security and the EPA cause they were responds to a growing problem in this country. And I say to that they made those problems worse!!  Have you ever gone to a airport and been checked by those Homeland agents? You can’t bring in a soda bottle made of plastic cause somewhere in the back of their minds they think it will be used as a weapon.  You can’t bring in things like soap or peanut butter. How is that a threat to security?

Then you got the EPA where they have admited that they have many times put chemicals in the air like in 2005 where 9 states reported that there was Mercury in the air and that it was the fault of the EPA.

As for the financially conservative people. No need to worry. I have well respected economists on my side. You can go to my website and you will see you got people like Thomas Sorwell and the famous and the man behind the Reagan Economic miracle Arthur Laffner on my side. He is also campaigning for my economic plans in Iowa and New Hampshire as of now

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #240 on: January 15, 2018, 11:16:36 PM »

Hillary Clinton Debate
December 2011 Debate

Clinton: North Korea is a global issue that requires a global response. We must build an international coalition to press strong sanctions on the North Korean regime, to isolate the Kim family's regime from their vast personal wealth and force Kim Jong-Un to listen to the cries of his people. The United States cannot impose strong-enough sanctions on our own, we need Russia and China to stand with us and actually work to meaningfully implement those sanctions. If economic sanctions, implemented honestly by a strong global coalition, fail to reign in the destructive desires of the Kim regime, then we need to make sure our allies in the region are safe and our interests protect. This could range from U.S. support for expanded missile shield programs in Japan and South Korea, to an increased American military presence in the region. But I hope that this can all be avoided and that Kim Jong-Un is a more reasonable man than his father and grandfather, a man that we can sit down and talk with.

Clinton: I've been an advocate of trade liberalization since my earliest days in public life. We need to be an active member of the global economic community. I think this is an unequivocal position, every economist worth their salt will tell you that free trade is good for consumers. It brings low-cost products into the market, increases competition on products, and allows each country to find what they excel at and do it well. As President, I would work with our friends in Asia and in Europe to develop new and strong trade agreements that benefit Americans, as consumers and employees. Is every free trade agreement we're currently in perfect? No. And as President I will work to fix some of the flaws in our free trade system to make it more free, more fair, and more honest.

Clinton: You know, at these debates a lot of the questions directed to me are about politics rather than policy. I find that very disappointing, because I think the American people are smart enough to make their choice for President of the United States off of a candidate's policies and history, rather than a rehearsed answer on a debate stage. I think that supporters of President Obama - like all voters - will take a look at my record, take a look at my campaign and my platform, and realize that I am the most qualified candidate for the job, and I have the best plan for our country. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm not going to pander my campaign to any specific sub-set of the electorate in order to pick up a few votes. I'm going to run a campaign based on the best ideas and the most qualified people.

Clinton: I'm running a campaign for President for all Americans. My campaign is based on a platform of strong ideas and bold change for our country. I think the American people have gotten to see this over these last four debates. I think the American people have seen that I have a plan to create jobs. I think the American people have seen that I have a strong foreign policy that will keep America safe. I think the American people have seen that I am ready to restor pride and confidence in the United States of America.

Clinton: Mr. Vice President, I'm going to respond to a couple of things you've said tonight. Let's begin with your claim to be one of our Pary's leading foreign policy experts. I won't contend that you don't have a wealth of experience on foreign policy issues through your decades of service on the Senate Foreign Relations committee. Your statements in this debate, however, call that expertise into question. You said that you would support a deal to protect Kim Jong-Un's regime in exchange for the halting of the North Korean nuclear program. Really, Mr. Vice President? You would support a regime, against the will of the North Korean people, that has a brutal track record of starvation, famine, corruption, and oppression? Mr. Vice President, I'm open to discussions with Kim Jong-Un, but to promise his regime four-to-eight years of U.S.-backed stability is ridiculous and irresponsible. You also said you'd be willing to commit to an invasion of North Korea. That kind of warmongering is not the discourse of a foreign policy expert.

I also want to talk about your "malapropisms", as the debate moderator has kindly called them. You've said they're part of who you are, which I'll accept as legitimate, but do you have any remorse for the impact your words have? Do you regret saying some of the things you've said over the years? Do you feel bad about blatantly plagiarizing during your 1988 campaign for the Presidency? How can we be sure you won't have one of your "malapropisms" while on the phone with Vladimir Putin, or Hu Jintao, or even Kim Jong-Un, if relations are established? I also think your choice of language, Mr. Vice President, to far too crass and unprofessional for a President of the United States. Making light of the serious medical procedure that is a lobotomy? Using Governor Christie's physical appearance as a political attack? That's just shameful, petty, and wrong.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #241 on: January 16, 2018, 06:33:40 AM »

Feingold spent the month campaigning in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada and Michigan. He continued to build a base from progressive voters, attempting to forge a winning coalition in the north and build his campaign infrastructure there. He also tributed President Obama and welcomed Vice President Joe Biden into the race during a campaign stop in Detroit.

Feingold also turned his fire on major banks, giving several fiery speeches against the greed of the major banks and Wall Street and vowing to crack down on them. He also conducted rallies in New Hampshire and Ohio with his first endorsers, Senators Bernie Sanders and Sherrod Brown, trying to use their reputations to consolidate his left wing base. He also declared his support for Elizabeth Warren, Brown and Sanders in their Senate elections in 2012, appearing at a fundraiser for Brown in Cincinnati.

He also made several targeted appeals to younger voters, appearing at college campuses all over the early primary states, shoring up his support from there.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #242 on: January 16, 2018, 10:20:57 AM »

Carolla debate questions part 2
1.- With the sentence of former Governor Rod Blagojevich the issue of corruption in government has gained some significant exposure, particularly as the nation seeks answers and solutions. What would you say is the current level of corruption in America, and what would you do to address it?

Carolla:It doesn’t matter what party he was. Corruption is corruption and he get what he deserved.

However he is just one of the many people in this swamp know as Congress.  You got one of the most corruption field places with the most corrupt people perhaps in all of Amercia. 

They lie,slander and cheat their way into office and I thought Amercians would finally wake up to this when Obama gave you false hope and more the same!!

And the stupidest thing is that we keep re-elected these people and in all honestly it isn’t our entire fault. It’s something called Gettymarring and that is the reason why these people keep getting elected and no one is doing anything about it!

As President I will work on the issue of voter fraud and gettymarrying and work on a wave to get people in positions in Congress or Senate that actually work for the people and not their donors.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #243 on: January 16, 2018, 11:24:44 AM »

Biden response to Clinton

The fact is Senator, that what we're doing in North Korea isn't working, and that a new approach is needed. I think that backing in exchange for them giving up the nuclear weapons they already have is a fair deal, especially if it means we don't have to invade them.

On the subject of my malapropisms, of course I have had remorse about some of them after the fact. The Neil Kinnock fiasco left me haunted for years. But what about some of the stuff you've done, like your kissing Suha Arafat after she accused Israel of using poison gas on Palestinians, or your your roles in Pardongate?
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #244 on: January 16, 2018, 01:58:41 PM »
« Edited: January 16, 2018, 07:48:49 PM by Senator Haslam2020 »

Wesley for America: December Schedule

As many Americans realize, this is a time to celebrate family, and to be thankful for everything you have. This is a time to feast, to go in the living room to socialize, this is time for Americans to celebrate. Please celebrate and be safe this Christmas, and let all be peaceful. Hopefully, still be mindful of some others who aren’t as fortunate as you, and take them in into your loving arms. Thank you, and Merry Christmas.

Endorsements (from all turns):

Fmr. Sen. Blanche Lincoln (AR)
Fmr. Gen. Stanley McChrystal (KS)
Fmr. Gov. Dan Boren (OK)
Fmr. Sec. of. Def. William Cohen (ME)
Rep. Dan Boren (OK)
Fmr. Mayor Rocky Anderson (UT)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #245 on: January 16, 2018, 03:37:41 PM »

Biden response to Clinton

The fact is Senator, that what we're doing in North Korea isn't working, and that a new approach is needed. I think that backing in exchange for them giving up the nuclear weapons they already have is a fair deal, especially if it means we don't have to invade them.

On the subject of my malapropisms, of course I have had remorse about some of them after the fact. The Neil Kinnock fiasco left me haunted for years. But what about some of the stuff you've done, like your kissing Suha Arafat after she accused Israel of using poison gas on Palestinians, or your your roles in Pardongate?

Clinton: Mr. Vice President, the United States cannot prop up brutal, oppressive dictatorships. Never. The United States has down that in the past and it is not a trend we should continue. What you're suggesting, Mr. Vice President, is that we spend our resources to protect a regime that has captured American pilots and sailors, put Americans into labor camps, and still may hold hundreds of Americans and South Koreans as POWs from the Korean War. Mr. Vice President, to support that regime would be to spit in the face of the very ideals America stands for - freedom of the press, freedom of association, freedom of movement, freedom of expression, free and fair elections - to say nothing of the sacrifices made by thousands of Americans during the Korean War.

I had hoped that Governor Bredeseen withdrawing would have ended the conspiracy theories at these debates but it seems the Vice President has taken up that cause along with Governor Bredesen's endorsement. Let's talk about the incident with Suha Arafat in 1999. In the Middle East, a subtle, gentle kiss is the equivalent of a handshake in the United States. I was an official representative of the United States of America as First Lady and I gave Suha the respect that an official representative of this country gives a foreign dignitary. There was no secret meaning of the kiss, there was no endorsement of her message. I would also like to point out, as I have many times before, that the translation I was hearing through my ear piece was far less offensive that what was reported once I was back in the country. The kiss was a sign of polite respect, not an indication that I was supportive of her remarks.

With respect to Pardongate, as the far-right calls it, this is really a conspiracy theory right out of the woodwork. My husband issued 450 pardons during his term in office. That was a lot compared to his immediate predecessor, but very normal when looking at the general trend of the use of presidential pardons. Ronald Reagan gave more than 350, and Jimmy Carter gave more than 500 in his single term. A few of the pardons drew special controversy, but the only investigation into a pardon found no wrongdoing on the part of my husband or his administration. Pardongate is just another sad attempt by a candidate for President to take me down by peddling Breitbart-esque conspiracy theories.

You know, you see this every time someone runs against me. They bring up something so minor, so inconsequential that happened 10, 20, 30 years ago, that I've been cleared of any wrongdoing in, and they sharpen their knives on it despite it having no basis. Let's have a debate on policy - on healthcare, on economy policy, on education - not a fight over these minor hiccups from decades ago that do nothing but stir the pot and get the right-wing Internet trolls fired up.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #246 on: January 16, 2018, 07:01:46 PM »
« Edited: January 16, 2018, 07:30:47 PM by Jaguar4life »

Carolla campaign debate answers part 3
3.One of the apparent disadvantages of the Republican Party at the moment is the legacy of the Bush Presidency, which while improving somewhat in numbers remains unpopular among the public. What is your personal view of the Bush years?

Carolla:Well there was some good but it was mostly bad.  The Bush Cheney years made us a even more unpopular country.  Nobody would wanted to be friends with us. All over false claims of WMDs in a country we already had invaded a decade prior and all over so that we could get their oil fields. We ran on a defend Bush campaign in 2008 and we lost big time.
Republicans lost most of our well known voter bloc and we lost states like Indiana and North Carolina and almost Missiouri and Montana.  Now if that doesn’t give a wake up call to the Republicans this election cycle and you go with someone like Christie who is another neocon then we will four more years of a Democrat in office.  We need someone new as a nominee in 2012 and I think I am that person.

Also how Bush abandoned free market principles when it came to the 2008 bailouts and did the worst possible thing and got the government involved and made it worse.

I could go on and on how bad the Bush years were and how they have destroyed the Republican Party.

And the Patriot Act I honestly gave a chance cause in all honesty I was fooled into believe he was a good president in 2001 however the Patriot Act has been awful to Amercians.  What major terrorist attack has it stopped? I will wait. We still have the DC snipers, We still had Fort Hood, We still had the LAX shooting back in 2002 just to touch on a few. As President I will in my first days revoke the Patriot Act.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #247 on: January 16, 2018, 07:23:38 PM »

Campaign Schedule
December 1 - 25, 2011

Schedule:
November 1-12: South Carolina
November 13-21: Iowa
November 22-23: Colorado
November 24-25: No Campaigning

South Carolina (December 1-12)
  • Rallies in Charleston, Columbia, Anderson, Myrtle Beach, Spartanburg
  • Town Halls in Greenville, Mount Pleasant, Florence, Rock Hill, Beaufort
  • "A Future to Win" Town Hall Tour in Clemson and North Charleston
  • Joined by Gov. Nathan Deal in Columbia and Charleston
  • Barnstorm in Rural South Carolina Towns
  • Fundraiser (w/ Gov. Nathan Deal & FMR Gov. Sonny Perdue) in Charleston and Columbia

Key Issues: Balancing the Budget, The Individual Mandate (how it hurts the middle class), Border Security

Iowa (December 13-21)
  • Rallies in Iowa City, Cedar Rapids, Des Moines, Cedar Falls
  • Town Halls in Dubuque, Davenport, and Waterloo
  • Joined by Gov. LePage in Urbandale
  • Endorsed by FMR Gov. Mike Huckabee at Rally in Iowa City
  • Endorsed by FMR Gov. Bill Owens at Rally in Cedar Falls
  • Fundraiser in Cedar Rapids w/ FMR Gov. Mike Huckabee
  • Barnstorm in Rural Iowa

Key Issues: Abortion (pro-life), Balancing the Budget, Border Security

Colorado (December 22-23)
  • Rally in Denver w/ FMR Gov. Bill Owens
  • Meet & Greet in Denver
  • Town Halls in Fort Collins and Aurora w/ FMR Gov. Bill Owens
  • Fundraiser in Littleton

Key Issues: Education Spending Increase, Balancing the Budget, and Governor Record (education budget increased, budget balanced, taxes cut)

December 24-25
Ernie Fletcher spent Christmas and Christmas Eve with his wife Glenna Fletcher and his family in his home state of Kentucky

Campaign Staff Operations
  • Social Media Reach-Out to Young Adults
  • Calling landlines
  • Knocking door to door, mostly in early states
  • Spreading the campaign message everywhere

Fletcher Gets Shocking Attendance in Anderson
FOX News

(I don't intend for this to affect polling, just a campaign highlight)

FMR Gov. Bill Owens endorses Fletcher
ABC News

Mike Huckabee endorses Fletcher
FOX News

Pence: Fletcher is 'a unifier for conservatives'
ABC News

Fletcher begins "A Future to Win" Tour in SC
FOX News

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #248 on: January 16, 2018, 07:43:24 PM »

Carolla campaign update

Carolla campaigned in Iowa with experienced and well respected economists over his balence budget bill  and tax cuts to appeal to Financial conservatives early on in December.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #249 on: January 16, 2018, 08:20:00 PM »
« Edited: January 16, 2018, 08:23:11 PM by Jaguar4life »

Carolla campaign closing comments
I don’t exaggerate when I say I see nearly 10,000 people at my rallies.  Cause I know there are a lot of people who know and want my message.

If you look at polling you would see that I pull better and beat both Biden and Clinton not just in national polling but in swing states like Ohio,Colorado,Florida and New Hampshire.  It’s pretty obvious after the fake hope we got after 2008 that Amercia shouldn’t trust a career politician for change. They should trust someone who has the guts to challenge and go toe to toe with the Washington establishment and the agenda of Obama and who ever the next Democratic nominee is.  I don’t take any money from donors or Super PACs rather I rather see donations from my website Carolla2012.com than a half a million dollar check from Goldman Sachs or Pfizer.  

So at the end of the day if you want a better Amercia then vote for Adam Carolla.  Thank you and good night

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies