Southern Delegate TheSaint250 - Office
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:41:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Southern Delegate TheSaint250 - Office
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Southern Delegate TheSaint250 - Office  (Read 5320 times)
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2018, 07:22:55 AM »

Statement
On Chamber of Delegates Inactivity

After every vote in the Chamber of Delegates, Speaker Mr. Reactionary posts the number of delegates who voted yes or no, as well as the number that abstained.  In some cases, only a slim majority of delegates have voted.  While I myself cannot force delegates to participate more, I promise that I will give the Southern people a voice by voting in as many bills as I possibly can.  I would not have run for office knowing that I could not fulfill my duties to the best of my ability.  I will be an active participant as a member of the Chamber of Delegates.

Thank you, and please vote for me in the upcoming election.

I plan on creating an easily accessible database for voters where I show Delegates' voting records so voters can be more informed. Those that don't even bother turning up to debates will look pretty bad Tongue
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2018, 07:27:18 AM »

Statement

After every vote in the Chamber of Delegates, Speaker Mr. Reactionary posts the number of delegates who voted yes or no, as well as the number that abstained.  In some cases, only a slim majority of delegates have voted.  While I myself cannot force delegates to participate more, I promise that I will give the Southern people a voice by voting in as many bills as I possibly can.  I would not have run for office knowing that I could not fulfill my duties to the best of my ability.  I will be an active participant as a member of the Chamber of Delegates.

I plan on creating an easily accessible database for voters where I show Delegates' voting records so voters can be more informed. Those that don't even bother turning up to debates will look pretty bad Tongue

That’s a really good idea! Please do it
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2018, 03:30:03 PM »

Statement

That’s a really good idea! Please do it

Yeah when we get the budget done I'll work on it Tongue
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2018, 04:25:57 PM »

Statement
On The Upcoming Election

Fellow Southerners, we have less than a week before voting begins.  I would like to thank all of you for your support so far and hope that we can finish out the week strongly.  As you know, my policy positions are listed on the first page, but if anyone has any questions, please ask and I will do my best to answer. 

We are less than one week away from changing the South for the better.  Let's do this!
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2018, 09:29:57 PM »

Statement
On My Legislative Goals

With the election upon us soon, I would like to briefly outline my legislative agenda.  I am hoping to develop outlines to bills I will propose and work on with fellow Southern members before the election.

Infrastructure and Environment: The South needs a separate department to handle infrastructural and environmental issues, a department where proper examinations can be carried out to determine areas at risk in the South.  

Education: Many primary and secondary educational facilities in the South are not up-to-date or meeting certain standards.  I will propose bills to put more money into the school system and help students get the educations they deserve.  One major part of the educational system I would like to see further reformed and financed is sex education.

Gun Control: I will push for increased background checks when purchasing firearms.  Many citizens have perished at the hands of those who are too mentally unstable to have received a firearm in the first place.  While such background checks will NEVER infringe on the rights of those who are able to own a firearm, we must prevent them from getting in the hands of those who are mentally ill or who have violent criminal histories.

I look forward to pushing this agenda forward in the best interests of the South and assisting in writing any other bills I may think of after more time in the office.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2018, 11:15:51 PM »

Pre-Election Statement

My fellow Southerners, tomorrow marks an important day in our history.  After an unprecedented term of productivity, thanks to the leadership of Mr. Reactionary, the South is moving much more in a truly positive direction.  However, nothing is guaranteed until the election.  Yes, I launched by campaign to be elected to a full term as a Delegate later than many other candidates, but seeing the healthy environment of the Chamber and being prompted by friends made me believe that I too can bring fresh ideas.  I am fully prepared to enter the Chamber of Delegates and work with my colleagues to institute changes on infrastructure, the environment, the economy, and personal freedoms.  If you elect me, as well as other great candidates of the Federalist Party, we can push the South in an even more successful direction.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2018, 01:09:36 PM »
« Edited: January 20, 2018, 01:12:58 PM by Fmr. Acting Southern Del. The Saint »

Election Day Statement
January 20, 2018

To all of those who have voted, regardless of whom you voted for, thank you for letting your voices be heard.  At the time of this post, election coverage threads have shown me tied for first place in terms of first-preference votes, and to those who have given me a high preference, I would like to especially extend my gratitude.

Southerners, we only have one-and-a-half more days to make our voices heard.  I hope that Federalists across the region and I are able to earn your votes so we can continue the progress made during this last session.  I promise that I will always work to better the region in whatever I do.

Let's get out to vote in these last free days and expand upon the unprecedented level of progress!
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2018, 01:10:15 PM »

One and a half, actually.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2018, 01:12:37 PM »

I can't do math Tongue

Thanks Smiley
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2018, 08:23:34 PM »
« Edited: January 21, 2018, 08:36:01 PM by Fmr. Acting Southern Del. The Saint »

Mid-Election Statement
January 21, 2018

First off, I would like to extend my thanks to all those who voted for me over these past few days!  Projections show that I am likely to win a seat in the Chamber of Delegates!  I will be issuing a formal statement tomorrow after all of the votes are counted.

My fellow Southerners, the race is not over yet.  Keep going to the polls and voting for a productive Southern government!  The Federalist Party needs your support to win back the Chamber of Delegates and the governorship to continue the unprecedented level progress made during the last session.  Diptheriadan and other Federalist colleagues need your help!  We have fewer than 4 hours left.  Let's keep voting!
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2018, 07:45:55 PM »

Victory Statement

To all Southerners and Atlasians:

We've done it!  I truly thank you for allowing me to enter the Southern Chamber of Delegates.  Coming in first place in my first election was not expected, but I am honored to see the level of support that I have earned throughout my campaign.  I have already begun drafting bills that will fulfill my campaign pledges; the areas I have tackled so far are specifically on the environment and infrastructure, but I hope to work with the Chamber on increased background checks.  In addition, i would like to congratulate my colleagues who have made it into the Chamber of Delegates, as well as Governor-elect Diptheriadan.  I look forward to a great term and a productive session!  Once again, thank you all!
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2018, 07:48:28 PM »

Congratulations!
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2018, 07:49:38 PM »

Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2018, 07:53:56 PM »

Can't wait to work with you. Smiley
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2018, 08:06:19 PM »

Thank you both!

You too!
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2018, 09:14:59 PM »

Statement
On My Inauguration

A few hours ago, I was sworn into office and have officially become a member of the Southern Chamber of Delegates!  I would like to thank you all for the support you have given me this past month.  I am truly excited to enter the Chamber once again, but this time, I am proud to say that the wonderful people of the South allowed for this.  I have already submitted proposed bills and hope to see them advance.  This will be a productive term that can improve upon the success of the last. 
Thank you all!
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2018, 09:22:23 AM »

Statement
On the Passage of the DoIE and SIS Acts

Early this morning, Governor Diptheriadan signed the Department of Infrastructure and Environment Act and the Southern Infrastructure Survey Act into law.  I am proud to have originally written these laws and discussed with my fellow delegates on how best to improve them, leading to their current forms.  Having a Department of Infrastructure and Environment is crucial to bettering our region and ensuring its developmental safety; the survey on infrastructure will help achieve my goal.  I would like to thank my acquaintances in the Chamber of Delegates who voted for these bills unanimously and for their assistance in perfecting the bills, as well as Governor Diptheriadan for signing them into law.  Currently, two more bills of mine are being considered: the Development of Foreign Language Programs in Schools Act and the Southern Chamber of Delegates Special Elections Act.  Let's continue the progress and success already seen!

TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2018, 08:34:10 PM »

Statement
On the Passage of the SCoDSE and DoFLPiS Acts

My fellow Southerners, I am sorry for not having issued these statements earlier, but I would like to thank my colleagues in the Chamber of Delegates and Governor Diptheriadan for approving of the Southern Chamber of Delegates Special Elections Act and the Development of Foreign Language Programs in Schools Act.  The first act is designed to allow the Southern people to have a voice following the resignation of a member of the legislature while the second is designed to continue pushing Atlasia to match foreign schools in the teaching of foreign languages.  Thank you for all of the support, and let's continue to push the South forward!
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2018, 06:18:32 PM »
« Edited: April 01, 2018, 07:18:23 PM by The Saint »

Statement
On My Re-Election Campaign

First off, I would like to wish everyone a happy and blessed Easter, and may you spend lots of cherished time with family.

My fellow Southerners, we will soon face fresh elections after what can only be described as one of the most successful, if not the most successful, Chamber of Delegates terms in the South ever.  Thanks to the work of Speaker Mr. Reactionary, we delegates have debated and voted on legislation after legislation meant to improve Southerners' lives, simplify certain parts of the law, and make our region soar.  I am proud to say that I have greatly contributed to that process.  I personally introduced and saw the passing of five bills, the second-most in the Chamber (behind Mr. Reactionary).  I am pleased to see the creation of the Department of Infrastructure and Environment through its namesake act, as well as the introduction of the Southern Infrastructure Survey to locate areas in the South where infrastructure is in dire need of repairs.  In addition, I put forth legislation meant to increase the development of foreign-language learning as globalization continues throughout the world.  I also created bills banning the use of cell phones in cars in ways that represent a danger to the populace and permitting special elections to the Chamber to allow for the people to have a greater voice.  I would like to thank my fellow delegates for helping to perfect the bills.

To the people of the South: let's continue this amazing level of progress in the region under Federalist speakership.  I will continue to push for legislation on the environmental and educational fronts but will look to move towards making a more economically prosperous region, as well as move forward on firearm laws.  We must continue the style and organization created in the Chamber, and I promise to not only uphold it but improve upon it.  Thank you to all!  Let's win this for the South!
__________________________________________________________________________________

Endorsements:

Federal Politicians

Senator Haslam2020
Senator Not_Madigan
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2018, 06:58:17 PM »

Give ‘em hell!
_
Not_Madigan