Southern Delegate TheSaint250 - Office
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:30:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Southern Delegate TheSaint250 - Office
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Southern Delegate TheSaint250 - Office  (Read 5257 times)
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2018, 04:07:38 PM »

Gov. Saint, with the resignations of myself and Del. Lechasseur, I believe it's up to you do appoint two new members of the Chamber, right?
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2018, 04:44:44 PM »

Gov. Saint, with the resignations of myself and Del. Lechasseur, I believe it's up to you do appoint two new members of the Chamber, right?

Correct. I am close to settling on the final two for appointment.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2018, 07:40:43 PM »

Chamber Appointments
To Replace Former Deputy Speaker Razze and Former Delegate Lechasseur

My fellow Southerners,

Firstly, I would once again like to sincerely congratulate Razze and Lechasseur on winning seats in the House of Representatives.  Their commitment to the South in particular reassures me that our region will have strong supporters representing our interests, regardless of party affiliation.  Best wishes to you both!

As is required by me in the capacity of Acting Governor of the South, I am responsible for appointing two successors from this point forward until after the elections to the Chamber of Delegates later this month.  In my mind, it would be irresponsible to largely change the partisan makeup of the Chamber while serving in an unelected position.  I serve the people, and since the people elected a candidate on the right and a candidate on the left, I intend to continue respecting their wishes.

So, without further ado, I am truly honored to announce the appointments YoungTexan and PragmaticPopulist to the Chamber of Delegates!

YoungTexan, while new to the South, has a long and impressive résumé serving Atlasians.  Secretary of Internal Affairs, Senator, and, most recently, Speaker of the Lincoln Assembly, he has shown his commitment to improve the lives of his constituents and be an active politician.

PragmaticPopulist has always been one of upstanding character and seeks to rise above partisanship to find common ground with all.  A relatively new Atlasian, he has shown clear readiness and eagerness to fulfill the requirements of the job and act on behalf of Southerners in a positive way.

I would like to thank all who approached me about the appointments, and I hope you also continue on your political paths in Atlasia. 

I have a great amount of confidence in YoungTexan and PragmaticPopulist to help boost activity in the South and legislate for the betterment of you, our constituents  Thank you all, and a special thanks to the two new Delegates!
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2018, 07:54:31 PM »

Congrats!
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2018, 03:24:53 PM »

Deputy Speaker Appointment
To Replace Former Deputy Speaker Razze

My fellow Southerners,

I am pleased to announce the appointment of Delegate TimTurner to the position of Deputy Speaker of the Southern Chamber of Delegates.  TimTurner has had a long and impressive career in the South, including serving as Speaker.  He is beyond qualified for the position, and I am happy and thankful to have him assume such a position.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2018, 04:50:24 PM »

Great choice!
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2018, 04:18:30 PM »

Associate Justice Nomination
To Replace Former Associate Justice Tmthforu94

My fellow Southerners,

After collaborating with Governor-elect Tmthforu94, we have recognized the urgency to nominate a new Associate Justice from the South.  The governor-elect, after considering a number of nominees, has settled on none other than PiT (The Physicist).  PiT, as you well know, has had an honorable career serving the South and Atlasia to the best of his ability, most recently serving as our nation's Vice President.  In the eyes of myself and a number of other Atlasian politicians, he would be the perfect addition to the court, and I am proud to have the chance to nominate him.

So, without further ado, I, Acting Southern Governor TheSaint250, am nominating PiT (The Physicist) to be the new Associate Justice from the South.

Congratulations to PiT, and I look forward to seeing him on the court.

In addition, I will release an announcement on this past weekend's election later tonight.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2018, 09:03:02 PM »

Thank you for the nomination and the confidence in my ability to serve on the Supreme Court. I look forward to having the opportunity to demonstrate that that confidence is well-deserved and continue serving the people of the South and of Atlasia.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2018, 10:17:44 AM »

Statement
On the Beginning of the 11th Session of the Southern Chamber of Delegates

My fellow Southerners,

Moments ago, I was sworn in for my third full term in the Southern Chamber of Delegates, and I could not be happier to see this day arrive.  I am proud of the accomplishments made last session and eagerly look forward to this one.  Our new Chamber is once again at seven members and more ideologically diverse than ever before; we are truly representative of thee Southern Region.

I will soon begin the process of opening up nominations for our next Speaker and Deputy Speaker.  It has been an honor to serve as Speaker and Acting Governor for as long as I have, but under Governor Tmthforu94 and our soon-to-be-elected Speaker, we can take the South to new heights.

I hope to release a number of bills soon and continue discussion on bills from our last session by keeping in mind not only my values of economic and personal freedoms but also your suggestions, comments, criticisms, and advice.  Once again, feel free to contact me via my office or private messaging.

Thank you all for your support.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2018, 10:21:37 AM »

I am proud to have worked with you in your duration in office as Speaker. You did a good job.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #85 on: July 27, 2018, 11:39:36 AM »

I am proud to have worked with you in your duration in office as Speaker. You did a good job.

Thank you, Tim Smiley
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2018, 11:46:41 AM »

Thank you, Tim Smiley
You're welcome.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2018, 08:35:50 PM »
« Edited: September 10, 2018, 08:17:55 AM by Delegate TheSaint250 »

Resignation

Southerners and Atlasians,

It is with a heavy heart that I make this statement today.  I am resigning from my position in the Southern Chamber of Delegates, and I hope you allow me to explain myself.

First of all, this is not over any underlying conflict or political struggle or anything like that.  Simply put, my (non-)presence in the Chamber of Delegates during this ongoing term is, in my eyes, unacceptable.  The ideal Delegate writes bills, participates in debate, and attends every single vote possible.  I have not lived up to this during this term as I had in the past, and it is unfair to rob the Southern people of proper representation.

Things going on in my real life are starting to get hectic as deadlines for college applications draw closer and the simultaneous workload grows.  I had hoped I would be able to balance everything in my life while maintaining a legislative presence in Atlasia, but time has proven me wrong.

To the people of the South, I am truly sorry for running for re-election with the full intention of serving out my term as the ideal Delegate and going back on that promise.  I have been honored to have your confidence time and time again as a Delegate, Deputy Speaker, and Speaker.  It was around this time last year that I was appointed to fill a seat for the remainder of the Chamber term, and I have always been of the mindset to serve you the best I can.  I never sought higher office, I never lied to you, and I recognized when and where I went wrong; my inactivity and depriving you of proper representation goes along with that third point.  We have accomplished so much together, but for the time being, we must take a different path.

To my colleagues in the Southern government and my friends across Atlasia, thank you for the support you have given me since January and before; there are too many of you to name individually.  I could not have done what I set out to do without you.  We have established longing relationships, and I know I will continue to see great things from you.

I would like to emphasize once more that my first priority is the people of the South, and if events in my life are getting in the way of representing the people in a way that is personally unacceptable, then I myself must step out of the way to focus on my personal business and ensure that a suitable replacement will be the best for the South in fixing my mistakes.  There is no controversy that resulted in my decision, only a need to see the absolute best for the South.

With all of this in mind, I will look to remain as much of a presence in the South and Atlasia as much as possible from a civilian/activist perspective.  After all, Haslam and I still have a regional party to run Smiley.  And who knows?  Once everything is in order, maybe I will make my return to public office.  Of course, the only office for me will be the Southern Chamber of Delegates, the legislature I have been honored to serve in that governs the region I have been proud to live in.

Once again, thank you all for the support you have given me while in office.  With Governor Tmthforu94 and the incumbent Delegates, you are in great hands.  To the people of the South, never forget what makes our region great.

TheSaint250
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2018, 08:50:39 PM »

I am very disheartened to hear this Saint, I really admired you as a Delegate, your presence will be greatly missed in the Chamber.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2018, 09:05:03 PM »

You have been a stable rock in the South this year and I appreciate all you have done. I hope you'll be able to return to full activity soon!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #90 on: September 09, 2018, 09:10:01 PM »

Thank you for your service to the South and Atlasia, and good luck with real life!
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2018, 10:38:21 PM »

Thank you all Smiley
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2018, 11:03:49 PM »

My friend, you’re a hell of a delegate and we were lucky to have you serve
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2018, 11:17:27 PM »

Thank you, Mr. Speaker Smiley
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2018, 02:08:14 PM »

I am very disheartened to hear this Saint, I really admired you as a Delegate, your presence will be greatly missed in the Chamber.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #95 on: August 02, 2021, 01:06:31 PM »

Statement
On the Beginning of the 23rd Session of the Southern Chamber of Delegates

My fellow Southerners,

First of all, I wanted to express my gratitude to you regarding my recent election. It has been almost three years since I last served in the Southern Chamber of Delegates, and to be elected again is an honor. I did not expect to be a candidate when this past campaign season began, but I will certainly be making the most of my time as your representative.

Second of all, I am pleased to announce that I will be running for Deputy Speaker of the Southern Chamber of Delegates. I have had experience in this position before (as well as previous stints as Speaker and Acting Governor), so I am prepared for the job ahead.

Much has changed since the last time I held office, and while it will take a bit of time to adapt, I have no doubt the readjustment will be made easier due to the amazing group of Southern officials serving alongside me. Currently, I am working on some pieces of legislation beneficial to the Southern Region and its citizens that I hope to introduce soon.

Thank you all for your support. Let's get this session on the road.

TheSaint250
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #96 on: August 04, 2021, 05:58:22 AM »

It's been so long, nearly three years now. Only just browsed the CoD threads and was surprised to see your name after so long. Welcome back!
marcuszodiak
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.00, S: -2.00

« Reply #97 on: August 19, 2021, 10:02:24 PM »

Endorsed
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length