Who wins by more...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:42:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who wins by more...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...Charlie Baker or Elizabeth Warren?
Charlie Baker

Elizabeth Warren

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 60

Author Topic: Who wins by more...  (Read 1868 times)
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 03, 2018, 06:16:24 PM »

Just for kicks
Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 08:48:42 PM »

MA 2018 might break the record for Senator-Governor ticket splitting in recent history. I think the highest it has hit recently was 80% (WY 2006).
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 09:10:01 PM »

Honestly, at this point it seems like Baker due to more crossover voting. Not that it really matters - both are hitting 65%.
JMT

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 09:11:08 PM »

Warren. If the election happened today, I’d say Baker. But the Gov race will tighten as we get closer to November. Baker will still win fairly easily over the Democratic nominee (likely Jay Gonzalez), but Warren’s margin of victory will be larger
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 06:45:36 AM »

Baker +20 (over Gonzalez)
Warren +35 (over Diehl)
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2018, 05:07:12 PM »

Elizabeth. 
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 01:48:51 PM »

Talk about taking a totally partisan position.  Baker is so superior to Warren.  You all know it.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2018, 01:50:38 PM »

Talk about taking a totally partisan position.  Baker is so superior to Warren.  You all know it.

Or it could be the reality that Warren is a Dem in a Dem state and Baker is a Rep in a Dem state. Both will win by big margins, but Warren will win by a bit more.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2018, 02:02:53 PM »

Or it could be the reality that Warren is a Dem in a Dem state and Baker is a Rep in a Dem state. Both will win by big margins, but Warren will win by a bit more.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2018, 02:06:37 PM »

Narrowly Warren.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2018, 02:14:30 PM »

I'm actually going to say Baker. I think Warren gets around 65% of the vote, but I could see Baker hitting 70%.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2018, 02:20:50 PM »

Some of you seemed t be making reference to the quality of the candidate in addition to the margin the candidate might achieve.  I was referencing the quality of the candidates. Warren will only amass her larger total due to unwavering ideological position in a very Democrat state.  By electing Republican Governors it seems that the citizens of Massachusetts know they are otherwise likely to elect a crazy or crooked or wild spending Democrat legislature or Governor.  
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2018, 02:27:32 PM »

Some of you seemed t be making reference to the quality of the candidate in addition to the margin the candidate might achieve.  I was referencing the quality of the candidates. Warren will only amass her larger total due to unwavering ideological position in a very Democrat state.  By electing Republican Governors it seems that the citizens of Massachusetts know they are otherwise likely to elect a crazy or crooked or wild spending Democrat legislature or Governor.  

Funny how you make accusations of partisan statements when you are making them yourself, because clearly the reason a Republican Governor in a liberal state would be so popular and win by so much is because the voters know all Democratic politicians are crazy, crooked or wild spenders. That's why the state is so Democratic, right?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2018, 02:29:16 PM »

Baker of course
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2018, 02:31:44 PM »

LOL the MA legislature is a Dem supermajority.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2018, 02:40:44 PM »

Funny how you make accusations of partisan statements when you are making them yourself, because clearly the reason a Republican Governor in a liberal state would be so popular and win by so much is because the voters know all Democratic politicians are crazy, crooked or wild spenders. That's why the state is so Democratic, right?
UncleSam

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2018, 03:55:20 PM »

Baker has the higher ceiling but I bet Warren wins by more in the end
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2018, 05:48:37 PM »

No I am not saying that.  I am not saying bad things do not happen were Republicans are entrenched.  And I am not saying there are not crazy Republicans running around.  But I do believe big cities dominated by one political party tend to create approtunities for greater graft.  The last big city Republican machine in Philadelphia met its death by the early 50s. 

In large states with strong two parties it is a little easier to control the graft and craziness with swings.

I think New York and California are going to have more difficulties as the GOP weakens.

I do not believe all liberal and Democrats are involved in graft or crazy.  I just disagree with you on most policies.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2018, 05:55:43 PM »

I think Baker will run behind Warren due to the strong anti Trump feelings in the state. Some of that cannot help but bleed over.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2018, 06:31:34 PM »

No I am not saying that.  I am not saying bad things do not happen were Republicans are entrenched.  And I am not saying there are not crazy Republicans running around.  But I do believe big cities dominated by one political party tend to create approtunities for greater graft.  The last big city Republican machine in Philadelphia met its death by the early 50s. 

In large states with strong two parties it is a little easier to control the graft and craziness with swings.

I think New York and California are going to have more difficulties as the GOP weakens.

I do not believe all liberal and Democrats are involved in graft or crazy.  I just disagree with you on most policies.

It seemed pretty clear cut:

[...] By electing Republican Governors it seems that the citizens of Massachusetts know they are otherwise likely to elect a crazy or crooked or wild spending Democrat legislature or Governor.  

I mean, MA had a Democratic trifecta before 2014. And the legislature is so deeply Democratic that it doesn't matter what Baker is for or against, because the legislature can overrule him whenever they want. That statement really read like something off of the Breitbart comments section, as if there are no normal Democrats in Massachusetts, despite Democrats outnumbering Republicans bigly from voters to actual politicians. I do agree that one-party states/cities can present more opportunities for corruption, waste and other issues, but this is not limited to Democrats nor is it guaranteed. There are plenty of one party regions in the US that function fine, more or less.

Nonetheless, maybe you need to refine some of your messages or something, because your clarification appears distinctly different from your original statement, which itself came off pretty partisan despite following accusations of others' partisanship.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2018, 06:54:17 PM »

The fact 21 people answered Baker is evidence people worship him too much.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2018, 06:59:58 PM »

This.

I think Baker will underperform the polls by quite a bit on account of the national environment but he’ll still pull it out, probably by 15 points instead of 30.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2018, 08:55:49 PM »

No I am not saying that.  I am not saying bad things do not happen were Republicans are entrenched.  And I am not saying there are not crazy Republicans running around.  But I do believe big cities dominated by one political party tend to create approtunities for greater graft.  The last big city Republican machine in Philadelphia met its death by the early 50s.  

I do not believe all liberal and Democrats are involved in graft or crazy.  I just disagree with you on most policies.
the lst rep gov form ca, from the god himself-
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2017/02/02/trump-pray-arnold-schwarzenegger-and-apprentice/97393142/
http://content.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2028599,00.html
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies