PA-18 Special Election - Lamb by a nose (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:20:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-18 Special Election - Lamb by a nose (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: PA-18 Special Election - Lamb by a nose  (Read 197756 times)
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: January 12, 2018, 01:28:14 PM »

I can't help but feel he's going to hurt Saccone by campaigning for him... PA has really soured on Trump since the election.
Not SouthWest Pennsylvania.

Oh yes. Especially here.
Um last I checked the Appalachia region was trump’s strongest region and still the region where he has 60+ Approval ratings.

I think somebody from PA named “PittsburgSteel” knows his corner of the country better than you
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 04:28:58 PM »

Well, well, well... we might have a real race here boys and girls.

Still think Lamb loses but it’ll be closer than the PVI suggests it has any reason to be
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 07:39:45 PM »

Oh, I forgot to tell everyone that I'm hitting the field for Lamb tomorrow.

Let us know how it goes!
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 09:48:24 AM »

BTW, if Lamb manages to win this thing, he becomes the instant favorite to challenge Toomey in 2022, especially if Dump gets re-elected.

Thoughts on that theory?

No way he gets past Josh Shapiro.

Or Lt. Governor John Fetterman. Wink

^^

Shapiro will most likely run to replace Wolf, IMO
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 09:37:07 AM »

How has Monmouth been this cycle? I'm forgetting.

They had Gillespie +1 than Northam +2 in the final few weeks of VA-Gov. Fail.

Their Alabama poll was very good, with a 46-46 tie at a 2017 electorate and 48-45 Jones in a Democratic turnout surge.

They had Murphy +14 in NJ, very well done.

Overall good, and I loved their turnout model idea in Alabama.

That turnout model thing smacked me of hedging bets at first, but I’d be interested to see how it holds up when other pollsters do it for other races
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 02:24:53 PM »

KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2018, 03:32:11 PM »

Those last 5 points are proving as tough for Lamb as they were for Ossoff... still it's great to see that Saccone isn't running away with this with Morning Consult-validating numbers.

There is the difference that GA-06 was an ancestrally Republican district while PA-18 is an ancestrally Democratic one. People here are more used to voting candidates with a D next to their names.

The thing is, while I expect Saccone to win I think Ossoff would win in GA-6 if the election were held today.

I agree
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2018, 10:03:05 PM »

Gina Cerilli would be leading Saccone 4-5 points right now if she was the nominee, shame.

Ehhhhh idk about that
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2018, 04:36:16 PM »

You can’t jam the Lamb

(Sorry)
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2018, 12:15:37 PM »

Btw, if Conor wins (Which looks likelier by the day) he becomes the favorite to challenge Toomey in 2022.

Ehhh.... Post-2020/2022 redistricting one of (new) PA-07, PA-08, PA-17, and obviously PA-10 are going to become less friendly to the Dems due to a neighboring R seat getting chopped. Whoever finds themselves without a seat probably challenges Toomey 100% of the time. So perhaps it will be Lamb, but he may settle in and we see Cartwright take up the banner in 2022. Except for the PA-07 guy, they all seem like fine candidates.

I don't really understand what you are trying to say but PA-17 is a tossup. It also happens to be the district that Lamb now lives in so he's likely to win it. He's young and energetic and that's what the Democrats need and that's who they are going to put up against the Tumor.

Fetterman is a possibility too
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2018, 10:14:00 AM »

The momentum seems to be with Lamb... but this is a total Tossup. I’ll say Lamb+1, but I have little confidence in this prediction
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2018, 10:55:49 AM »

A LimoLiberal phone-banking story

Voter: Hello?
LimoLiberal: Good evening ma'm, do you have a moment to talk about the ongoing Congressional special election and why Lamb is the best candidate for your district?
Voter: Well, sure, for a minute anyway.
LimoLiberal: Lamb has only been leading in one poll, so I doubt he can win.
Voter: Wait, what?
LimoLiberal: Especially after the Texas primary completely blew up the wave narrative, Saccone is unfortunately going to win.
Voter: Aren't you supposed to be convincing me to vote for Lamb?
LimoLiberal: I am. Just because I don't believe Democrats are getting a wave in 2018 doesn't mean I'm not trying to convince you to vote for Lamb.
Voter: Ok, I have to go. Take care, or something...
LimoLiberal: Alright, just FYI though, tomorrow morning, Gravis is going to release a poll showing a total collapse for Lamb, but it's important you go to vote for him.

hangs up

Virginia you are truly a national treasure.

Anyways we have each candidate +3 each in a crappy poll. I’m comfortable calling this a pure Tossup. Lamb’s got the Big Mo though.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2018, 11:56:06 AM »

RABA isn’t great but better than nothing
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2018, 10:26:35 AM »

You guys are starting to persuade me that Lamb may actually win this.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2018, 06:14:41 PM »

Lol. Low Energy Rick
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2018, 12:19:39 PM »

The other questions in this poll are brutal for Republicans:

Trump Approval: 49-49 (Strongly numbers are 39-41)
Will Tariffs Help or Hurt: 43% Help - 36% Hurt (THIS IS STEEL COUNTRY!)
Republican Party: 44% Favorable - 48% Unfavorable
Democratic Party: 44% Favorable - 47% Unfavorable
Who do you want to see control Congress: 42% Democrats - 42% Republicans

I wonder how this will play-out in the new District 14 in November.

Is Gina Cerrilli busy?
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2018, 07:34:23 PM »

Yeah, don't put the cart before the horse.  There were people talking up Ossoff for President in 2028 before the GA-6 special.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2018, 08:40:02 AM »

Not a great news story for Saccone to wake up to.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2018, 10:01:24 AM »

The weather looks to be the worst in Washington county today if weather.com is to be believed.

I seriously doubt a half-inch of snow will prevent anyone from voting.

Rain in NoVA, however...
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2018, 10:15:12 AM »

Twitter is a cruel place for the proper Atlas colors.
im still fairly new here and I gotta ask; why are dems red and reps blue? just cause? It threw me off for a bit when I first got here

Dave picked those colors before Red = Republican and Blue = Democrat
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2018, 01:22:05 PM »

Why does it seem like the media is treating this race as "local" whereas they treated ga-6 like a referendum on trump?

Almost all the articles put out recently on this race heavily mention Lamb's "conservative" views on key issues, saccone's bad campaign and corruption ties, but there seems to be less of a desire to connect a lamb victory to a referendum on trump

Hmm. I hadn’t gotten that sense. Could be all the Hollywood types stumping in GA-6, which we haven’t seen in PA-18.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2018, 01:42:31 PM »

Why does it seem like the media is treating this race as "local" whereas they treated ga-6 like a referendum on trump?

Almost all the articles put out recently on this race heavily mention Lamb's "conservative" views on key issues, saccone's bad campaign and corruption ties, but there seems to be less of a desire to connect a lamb victory to a referendum on trump

Hmm. I hadn’t gotten that sense. Could be all the Hollywood types stumping in GA-6, which we haven’t seen in PA-18.

Maybe I am just reading things wrong, but Lamb just seems less of a national dem than ossof was.

Could be. While being a much superior candidate/better fit for the district he’s running in, he doesn’t scratch the itch of the national media in the same way (worth recalling that CNN and a number of other large media firms are based in Atlanta, which is increasingly a favored filming site too)
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2018, 05:21:32 PM »

Here’s a random question

Has a party that holds national power ever won in a “big upset” special election?

Like, let’s say in a Massachusetts election with trump as prez, a republican knocked off a Democrat for a debate or house race.

Has something like that ever happened?

Kathy Hochul in 2011?

Best example I can think of
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2018, 10:51:16 PM »

114 GOP seats that are less Republican than this one. November just might be a bloodbath of epic proportions.

Just flipping half of those would be impressive
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2018, 11:04:13 PM »

CNN saying trump is on track to lose 118 house seats in 2018, beating fdr's 71 seat loss in 1942.

If you directly extrapolate from these results.

Why wouldn't that be a reasonable thing to do? Saccone is a generic R and lamb seems like a typical midwest dem.

It presumes uniform swing, which is unlikely for a variety of reasons. Steel county union Demosaurs are different from southern rural whites, etc
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies