PA-18 Special Election - Lamb by a nose (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:05:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-18 Special Election - Lamb by a nose (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA-18 Special Election - Lamb by a nose  (Read 201260 times)
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« on: February 01, 2018, 10:01:40 PM »

It's Alabama all over again

You must be logged in to read this quote.

How is Trump going to spin a loss in PA-18? Remember what he said when Gillespie lost? 'Ed worked hard, but he didn't embrace me. If you embrace Trump, we will win a massive landslide in November'. What the hell is he going to say about a sycophant like Saccone loosing?

Saccone is going to win easily.

Like your racist friend Ed Gillespie and your favorite pedophile Roy Moore. Lmao. Lamb's probably winning now.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 10:34:05 PM »

Obama was young and inexperienced. In today's politics inexperience is electable.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 02:23:07 PM »

Ok Lamb's going to win or come within 5 points. Calling it.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 02:15:16 PM »

Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 01:04:18 PM »

I thought this was probably going to end up as a narrow Saccone win, but now it's looking like Lamb will actually win it. I'd rate it 53.5% chance of a Saccone win, 46.5% chance if a Lamb win, could go either way.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 09:47:37 PM »

Delete your account.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 09:54:03 PM »

It sucks expectations have gotten so high that not winning an R+11 seat will obviously spark 'Dems r doomed' & 'GOP surge' stories much like GA-06. A few weeks ago I would've been elated if Lamb got within 10 now I'd be dissapointed/demoralized if he lost.
It's worse if Lamb wins, because then the news media will jump on it as proof that a D wave is coming, despite the fact that it's only one election.  Most of the elections that have happened since 2016 had too many extenuating circumstances to be seen as reliable indicators of what may happen in November.

Together though they are-judging by historical precedent-a reliable indicator of a blue wave.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2018, 01:44:04 PM »

Part of me is worried that the D wave narrative will become the consensus if Lamb wins. It's true, but I'd prefer Republicans and the pundits to be surprised when the wave hits. Though otoh Lamb may spur some more GOP retirements so that'd be good.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2018, 01:56:15 PM »

Part of me is worried that the D wave narrative will become the consensus if Lamb wins. It's true, but I'd prefer Republicans and the pundits to be surprised when the wave hits. Though otoh Lamb may spur some more GOP retirements so that'd be good.
The D wave narrative should have become the consensus after Alabama. It didn’t. And I guarantee you many right leaning pundits will quickly write off Saccone’s loss should he lose.

I guess the situation will remain largely unchanged. Good.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2018, 07:45:34 PM »

That needle is crazy, it's swinging literally right before my eyes.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2018, 01:22:26 PM »

At this point, I'd say the House is all but a done deal for the Democrats. The fact that Republicans lost this race despite nonstop ads screaming "NANCY PELOSI!!!!!!" means that she is no longer an anchor around Democratic candidates' necks that she used to be.

Admittedly Lamb made a great move in opposing Pelosi.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies