PA-18 Special Election - Lamb by a nose (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:26:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-18 Special Election - Lamb by a nose (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: PA-18 Special Election - Lamb by a nose  (Read 202719 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« on: February 12, 2018, 09:59:10 PM »

I don't know whether to be happy that there's a poll coming, or unhappy because it's Gravis.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 03:48:15 PM »

How has Monmouth been this cycle? I'm forgetting.

In VA-GOV, they consistently showed a close race (tied to a small Northam lead).
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 06:07:30 PM »

Frustrated by the DCCC on this no reason they should be sitting this out. And just a fraction of Steyer’s $$ spent on those stupid impeachment ads could make a difference here.
On the flip side the DCCC might be staying out on purpose so The GOP can't nationlize the race ala GA-06

An idea I've seen floated on Twitter is that the DCCC may be waiting to see what the final PA maps look like in a few days.  They might not want to invest a lot in trying to help Lamb win a seat that he'd be likely to lose in November (or on the flip side, might be an easier gain for the Democrats then).
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 07:51:11 PM »

"Social Security is going to go broke this year" - Saccone

And Saccone just admitted to not paying his workers minimum wage.

What is he smoking?  Isn't the current estimate for the trust fund to be depleted around 2035?
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 08:33:28 PM »

When is this election? The longer the delay, the more time has for Lamb to build coalitions. This Saccone guy seems like a complete tool/flop.

March 13.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 08:45:34 PM »

Harry Enten:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 02:15:00 PM »

New poll just released, with Lamb up one.

@brd_polling
BREAKING: Our poll for #PA18 has been released

Conor Lamb (Democrat) 47% (+1)
Rick Saccone (Republican) 46%
Drew Gray Miller (Libertarian) 1%

I don't recognize the pollster, though. They seem new.

They did a VA-GOV poll a week before the election and had Northam+6: https://blumenthalresearchdaily.weebly.com/home/archives/10-2017
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 02:26:29 PM »

Apparently the BRD numbers might be fake:

That's annoying.

Harry Enten seems to think it's fake: https://twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/status/969651144862691329
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2018, 03:10:11 PM »

Emerson has a poll coming out today: https://twitter.com/EmersonPolling/status/969585019470696448
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2018, 03:17:20 PM »

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2018, 03:59:57 PM »

Sounds like Lamb is ahead in the Emerson poll.

Not necessarily.  It might show a small Saccone lead, assuming the tweet isn't a complete tease to begin with.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2018, 06:45:42 PM »

So much confusion in this thread
1. The BRD poll is completely fake/made-up
2. There is no Fox poll for now
3. Emerson is polling this Thursday-Saturday, and the poll is coming out Monday. So only 1/3 of the poll is done at this point.

Thanks for the summary.  Do we have any information as to when the pending Gravis poll is coming out?
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2018, 12:22:27 PM »

The Gravis poll will be released Tuesday:

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2018, 10:12:50 AM »

Is there any other incoming polls for this district. The trend is definitely in Lamb favor if the election is 50/50 on election night then Lamb should squeak one out.

Gravis is supposed to release one tomorrow.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2018, 01:14:29 PM »

Not to throw cold water on this, but remember that Jon Ossoff had lots of momentum and a number of polls showing him in the lead in the GA-6 special.  Don't count your chickens before they hatch.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2018, 11:15:32 AM »

The NYT is going to bring out the needle for this race. Can't wait.

Oh how fun lol.

I wonder when we're finally going to get a quality pollster for this race. Monmouth's poll is coming out soon, but where the hell has Fox News been?

Does Fox News ever poll anything smaller than state-level races?  I don't think they polled the GA-6 special.  (The local Atlanta Fox station did, but that was using another firm.)
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2018, 01:19:08 PM »

That's not uncommon.  Lots of people have a fear of needles.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2018, 02:10:39 PM »

Their live prediction forecast while returns are coming in.  See https://www.nytimes.com/elections/forecast/president for an example.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2018, 09:46:18 PM »

You guys are starting to persuade me that Lamb may actually win this.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2018, 03:35:17 PM »

There is a new poll going around from KG Polling that shows Lamb up 49-45.  However, G. Elliott Morris says this is a fake poll, put out by the same people behind BRD Research, apparently in an attempt to influence betting markets.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2018, 07:21:48 PM »

Seeing that in your signature made me wonder: what if the same person could represent more than one district at the same time?  Indeed, is there any reason this wouldn't be legal already?  A representative doesn't have to reside within their district.  So in theory, an extremely popular figure might run for two (or more!) districts in the same vicinity in the same election, win more than one, and have more than one vote in the House, one for each district represented.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2018, 07:39:47 PM »

We're supposedly due for snow here in the Mid-Atlantic on Tuesday. Any idea how, if it all, it could affect the election? To me it sounds like it would favor Saccone.

Wouldn't bad weather tend to help the candidate with the more enthusiastic supporters, which from reports so far seems more likely to be Lamb?
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2018, 07:47:37 PM »

Seeing that in your signature made me wonder: what if the same person could represent more than one district at the same time?  Indeed, is there any reason this wouldn't be legal already?  A representative doesn't have to reside within their district.  So in theory, an extremely popular figure might run for two (or more!) districts in the same vicinity in the same election, win more than one, and have more than one vote in the House, one for each district represented.

Don't most states prohibit being on the ballot for multiple offices, unless one of them is President or Vice President?

Ah, good point.  Without such laws it would be an interesting idea.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2018, 07:57:14 PM »

Don't most states prohibit being on the ballot for multiple offices, unless one of them is President or Vice President?

Ah, good point.  Without such laws it would be an interesting idea.

I meant that I endorse him for his current PA18 run and that I endorse him for his eventual PA17 run.

I got that.  It was just seeing it written that way that sent me off into a flight of fancy. Smiley
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2018, 10:17:30 AM »

I don't know why, but I am extremely anxious for this Monmouth poll...

Do we know when it will be released?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies