AZ-SEN 2018: Sinema Paradiso
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:28:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AZ-SEN 2018: Sinema Paradiso
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 45
Author Topic: AZ-SEN 2018: Sinema Paradiso  (Read 101640 times)
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: August 28, 2018, 08:02:17 PM »
« edited: August 28, 2018, 09:44:30 PM by Brittain33 »

Yeah, but why?
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #451 on: August 28, 2018, 08:04:54 PM »
« Edited: August 28, 2018, 09:45:48 PM by Brittain33 »

It's something that would make perfect sense on krazen's planet.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #452 on: August 28, 2018, 09:02:10 PM »
« Edited: August 28, 2018, 09:46:03 PM by Brittain33 »

He probably wouldn't mind putting the second coming of Hitler up there or satan himself. It's not about improving the nation or community,  it's just about demonizing, humiliating, and ridiculing those who do.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #453 on: August 28, 2018, 10:41:52 PM »

I would like it if Sheriff Joe Arpaio can be appointed to the US Senate.

This would be ideal, but we have to come to terms with the fact that we don't live in the best of all possible worlds. Sometimes we need to compromise.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #454 on: August 28, 2018, 10:47:20 PM »

Omg, I can't wait for that b!tch to lose tomorrow.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA she got destroyed!!
UncleSam

« Reply #455 on: August 29, 2018, 02:05:13 AM »

Not sure why you’re laughing, McSally is a way stronger candidate than Ward is. Honestly primary vote totals don’t mean much, but I’d still be a bit spooked if I were the Dems in Arizona - it’s still got a huge conservative base. Sinema will have to run a strong campaign to win.
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #456 on: August 29, 2018, 08:15:06 AM »

I would like it if Sheriff Joe Arpaio can be appointed to the US Senate
LMAO
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #457 on: August 29, 2018, 08:45:54 AM »

Not sure why you’re laughing, McSally is a way stronger candidate than Ward is. 

I know it's hard for a Republican/conservative to comprehend it, but some people put basic decency above partisan gain.
UncleSam

« Reply #458 on: August 29, 2018, 10:28:39 AM »

Not sure why you’re laughing, McSally is a way stronger candidate than Ward is. 

I know it's hard for a Republican/conservative to comprehend it, but some people put basic decency above partisan gain.
Not Bagel though

Also you’re an unpleasant person
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #459 on: August 29, 2018, 10:53:02 AM »

Thanks for the kind words.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #460 on: August 29, 2018, 11:01:28 AM »

McSally is not a good candidate, she's just not a terrible one like Ward.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #461 on: August 29, 2018, 12:57:53 PM »

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/29/trump-endorses-martha-mcsally-in-arizona-senate-race-against-kyrsten-sinema.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Does this endorsement help or hurt McSally as we now head to the general election?
Webnicz
United States

« Reply #462 on: August 29, 2018, 01:04:03 PM »

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/29/trump-endorses-martha-mcsally-in-arizona-senate-race-against-kyrsten-sinema.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Does this endorsement help or hurt McSally as we now head to the general election?

During the primary she was pulled to the right and this doesn't help her much especially since Sinema has already branded herself as a Moderate Independent to the voters.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #463 on: August 29, 2018, 01:45:38 PM »

I'm really glad to hear that Trump cited McSally specifically for her strength on borders, crime, the Second Amendment, and that she loves the vets. It's always good to hear what distinctive and unique qualities about a candidate appeal to Trump in different districts.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #464 on: August 29, 2018, 02:05:38 PM »

I'm really glad to hear that Trump cited McSally specifically for her strength on borders, crime, the Second Amendment, and that she loves the vets. It's always good to hear what distinctive and unique qualities about a candidate appeal to Trump in different districts.

LOL
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #465 on: August 29, 2018, 08:15:52 PM »

LOL
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #466 on: August 29, 2018, 08:40:00 PM »

With Schumer's conceding to Trump/McConnell and allowing Dems to confirm Drumpf's judges, maybe Sinema's "I won't vote for Schumer" line makes sense.  At least, if you're a Democrat pissed off at this administration.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #467 on: August 29, 2018, 09:20:18 PM »

With Schumer's conceding to Trump/McConnell and allowing Dems to confirm Drumpf's judges, maybe Sinema's "I won't vote for Schumer" line makes sense.  At least, if you're a Democrat pissed off at this administration.

Nah, she thinks Schumer is too hard on Trump. He's just a CEO trying to get his footing at this presidenting stuff and the far left hippies (which she totally DIDN'T used to be!) are being way too mean to him.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #468 on: August 29, 2018, 09:25:58 PM »

I personally think shes another Gillibrand, pretending to be more Conservative so she can win and move up. She was a super-Liberal in the state senate when she had a lean D seat, and when she won a tossup seat, she suddenly shifted. She could be setting up for a "I did say I wouldnt vote for Schumer" by going after Schumer from the Left. At least, thats what I hope. Her behavior has just been way too odd and seems like shes trying to be a fake moderate.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #469 on: August 30, 2018, 01:08:12 AM »

I personally think shes another Gillibrand, pretending to be more Conservative so she can win and move up. She was a super-Liberal in the state senate when she had a lean D seat, and when she won a tossup seat, she suddenly shifted. She could be setting up for a "I did say I wouldnt vote for Schumer" by going after Schumer from the Left. At least, thats what I hope. Her behavior has just been way too odd and seems like shes trying to be a fake moderate.

That's called a chameleon.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #470 on: August 30, 2018, 08:35:13 AM »

The difference is that Gillibrand is the Senator of an already liberal state.  Sinema is poised to become the Senator of a light pink state that, while rapidly trending D, hasn't shed its libertarian or moderate conservative tendencies.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #471 on: August 30, 2018, 08:51:12 AM »

The difference is that Gillibrand is the Senator of an already liberal state.  Sinema is poised to become the Senator of a light pink state that, while rapidly trending D, hasn't shed its libertarian or moderate conservative tendencies.

True, but its just a character analysis. For most of her life, she was a Left Dem, then as soon as she won the conservative seat, she changed. And, listening to most of what shes saying on the campaign trail, it all sounds like something Lefties would mock moderates over. Also, to note, that if she does win, then she is up in 2024, which by then, the state should be tilt D, at the least.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #472 on: August 30, 2018, 06:47:26 PM »

I've been thinking the same thing.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #473 on: August 31, 2018, 07:41:47 AM »

True, but its just a character analysis. For most of her life, she was a Left Dem, then as soon as she won the conservative seat, she changed. And, listening to most of what shes saying on the campaign trail, it all sounds like something Lefties would mock moderates over. Also, to note, that if she does win, then she is up in 2024, which by then, the state should be tilt D, at the least.

Wishful thinking is strong in this one. All signs point to Sinema remaining a moderate hero hack.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #474 on: August 31, 2018, 03:23:59 PM »

Wishful thinking is strong in this one. All signs point to Sinema remaining a moderate hero hack.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies