OTL 2020 Interactive Election Game
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:56:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  OTL 2020 Interactive Election Game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: OTL 2020 Interactive Election Game  (Read 9278 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: January 19, 2018, 10:51:01 PM »

Aye. Just post the Announcement and Campaign. He will appear in the October turn.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #101 on: January 19, 2018, 11:48:32 PM »
« Edited: January 26, 2018, 02:44:24 PM by Bagel23 »

Hello America! It is time for my presidential run, the demoratic field as of now has just been too stale, and refuses to offer a strong fight or stance against Trump as it stands now. I know what it takes to truly win in politics and in business, and that is making others lives better, and that is not what Trump is in for. Don't let a facade fool you, he is the same KKK sympathizer and immature impulsive child. America, I am here for you. I'm no career politician, I am a businessman from scratch, and I made everything I had with compassionate people, real ethics, giving back to the community, and hard work. Trump is no true businessman or dealmaker. He would have been wealthier if he had just piled his daddy's silver spoon into some ETF's and left it be. And he has not cut any real deals since his real estate days. It is time for the people once again to decide their own fate, and let Mr. Trump and those like him wander back to the swamp that they crawled out from. Fact is folks, he refilled the swamp, and most of his picks were not even qualified. America deserves better, and that's why I am running for president. My combination of compassion, shrewd business policies, and law are what America needs now. I look forward to a healthy dialogue within the democratic party, and hope to bolster it, and provide America with more choices for its future. As for Mr. Trump, we would like to say, we are coming back. Thank you all, and God Bless America!
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #102 on: January 20, 2018, 04:10:48 PM »

Mark Cuban

You must be logged in to read this quote.

"Within the first week of my presidency, I will push for ANTIFA to be designated a terrorist organization.  I have always promised to take threats of terrorism seriously, both foreign and domestic.  The President has not.  ISIS is virtually destroyed, thanks to the work of our military and allies, but President Trump has shown his resistance to condemning and taking seriously the threat of domestic extremism.  After the Charlottesville rally in 2017, in which an extremist brutally murdered a protester, the President refused to appropriately condemn the extremists in question because they wore his hat.  All foreign and domestic extremism, in whatever form it appears, must be condemned."

"First, I would like to say that Senator John McCain has dedicated his life to this country, and I think I speak for all Americans when I say, "Thank you for your service."  In regards to the election, I do hope that the Republican nominee is someone who wants to move the party forward, someone who believes in civil rights and economic freedom.  We can't have a candidate like Joe Arpaio who was convicted of violating civil rights; we need a candidate who will raise the GOP's image in Arizona and across the nation.  There are many prospective candidates like that, and I hope to see one of them being nominated and becoming senator."

"It is no secret that the Republican Party has its divides.  However, we must come together on common messaging.  This party has always valued economic freedom, of which I have lived my life by and will emphasize in a way to not only unify the party but attract new voters wary of the Democratic Party's leftward tilt.  The GOP also has moderate and libertarian branches that promote individual freedoms.  I will invite these members to come along with my campaign as well to modernize the Republican Party and push for moderation in social policies and environmentally aware policies.  I always look to find common ground and certainly won't stop now."

"Yes, people have taken advantage of my generosity in the past, and I am upset that I fell for their tricks.  I did learn, though, from my errors and have reformed my ways, becoming a much more successful businessman and leader in the process.  As President, I will act as I have for many years now to avoid scams: examine the deal carefully, consult experts, consider all available options, and act accordingly.  However, I will say this: I will never offer the American people a bad deal.  Before the President was inaugurated in January of 2017, he made promise after promise to the American people.  He created a deal and sold it to the American people, promising to be an active leader and change our nation.  He has shown no leadership skills whatsoever, leaving Congress to have to pick up his jobs as well.  He ruined his deal with the American people and scammed them.  I offer a different deal, one that I will not break: I will be the leader that America deserves on both the national and world stages."

Closing Statements
[/quote]

"On this debate stage, there are two options: leadership or cowardice.  The President of the United States, the greatest country in the world, hides when threatened by others.  He refuses to accept basic facts if they do not hep advance his cause and has divided America over petty fights.  I, however, never hide myself behind a phone.  I stand and fight for what I believe in.  As President, I will continue this level of national growth accomplished by leaders in Congress and will always fight for you, the American people."
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #103 on: January 20, 2018, 05:24:46 PM »

Mark Cuban

Endorsements

_________________________________________________________________________________

Peter Thiel (R-CA)                      Gov. Charlie Baker (R-MA)                    Gov. Bill Walker (I-AK)

Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #104 on: January 21, 2018, 02:15:13 AM »

Tulsi Gabbard Announcement

"During the last four years, Americans have overwhelmingly shown that they want change. Real change. They have shown they want politicians who represent the people, not the special interests, Wall Street, and powerful elite. They have shown they want money spent here at home, on infrastructure and healthcare, not on endless foreign wars and interventions. It's been a long time since we have had a president who truly is for the people. Well America, now you'll have one. That is why I am running for President of the United States. We will build a new populist movement that puts the American people first, not the establishment. We'll take this movement to the White House and take back Washington from Wall Street and the big corporations."
adamevans
United States

« Reply #105 on: January 21, 2018, 11:00:32 AM »

Campaign Schedule, September 2019

Schedule
South Carolina, September 1 - 8
Florida, September 15
New Hampshire, September 24 - 30

September 1-8 (South Carolina)

• Rallies in Columbia, Charleston, Spartanburg, Florence, Anderson
  • Town Hall in Keene, Sumter, Simpsonville
  • Meet & Greet in Columbia, Charleston
  • Endorsed by Sen. Tim Scott and Sen. Ted Cruz

September 9-14

• Presidential Duties

September 15 (Florida)

• Tribute to Marco Rubio

September 16-23
  • Presidential Duties

September 24-30 (New Hampshire)

• Rallies in Manchester
  • Town Halls in Concord, Portsmouth
  • Meet & Greet in Manchester
  • Endorsed by Gov. Chris Sununu and Sen. Rand Paul
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #106 on: January 21, 2018, 11:15:06 AM »

If anyone wants to do a interview then just pm me.
Attempting Life
RZelandi
Rookie
United States

« Reply #107 on: January 21, 2018, 11:59:47 AM »

I’d like to join as Kamala Harris please Smiley
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #108 on: January 21, 2018, 12:05:50 PM »

I’d like to join as Kamala Harris please Smiley

Welcome. Be sure to post the Campaign Announcement and the schedule for September. Harris will appear in the next debate with the other candidates
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #109 on: January 21, 2018, 08:04:17 PM »

Mark Cuban

Campaign Schedule
September 2019

New Hampshire

September 4: Rally, Manchester
September 7: Town Hall, Derry
September 10: Rally, Portsmouth

Iowa

September 12: Rally, Des Moines
September 13: Rally, Cedar Rapids[/b]
September 15: Town Hall, Davenport

Nevada

September 19: Rally, Las Vegas
September 21: Rally, Carson City
September 23: Town Hall, Henderson
September 26: Rally, Reno

YaBB God
United States

« Reply #110 on: January 22, 2018, 08:57:11 AM »

Game ends in a few hours. be sure to post your campaign schedules and debate answers before the deadline ends.
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -5.30

« Reply #111 on: January 22, 2018, 04:35:02 PM »

1. The recent retirement of Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont came as a surprise to many. If someone whom you do not trust or disagrees with runs for Senate seat as a Democrat, will you remain united with your party and support them?

- No. Thats the simple answer. The Democratic Party is not the party of conformity, its the party of ideas. The Republicans idea's around screwing the poor and the middle class, the Democrats idea's include being able to disagree. Look if someone runs for the Senate as a Democrat which i disagree with, i will not fall in line. I will call out that candidate. We should not fall behind one candidate in any race.

2. In 2018, the expected Democratic Blue wave was instead a great Republican hold in both houses in Congress. May you give your reason why you think everything turned out horribly?

- It's because the Democrats have not fully embraced Senator Sander's economic populism. The Middle Class and Poor will not vote for a Party that stands for pragmatism before helping people.

3. Due to some Democrats endorsing and supporting ANTIFA and claiming it's a non-violent organization, the recent assassination attempt on Senator Marco Rubio has called many to question if such an organization is really peaceful. As a Democrat, what is your stance on ANTIFA?

-ANTIFA has made it clear that they are a violent radical group. They should not be respected and are a bunch of communistic sh''its.

CANDIDATE SPECIFIC QUESTIONS

To Senator Brown: 1. Senator, there are some who claim that despite you having several connections and having a somewhat good approval in your home state, that you're a weak candidate against Trump. Care to Persuade everyone otherwise?

- If i'm a weak candidate to take on Trump, then i don't know who else does. I represent a working class state and i remain popular as a democrat. You know it seems now a days that states like Michigan, Wisconsin, and Ohio are Republican strongholds. But we must remember that these were democratic strongholds for decades. Economic populism is the key. Trump was a populist and he won them over, i'm a populist and i can win them back.
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -5.30

« Reply #112 on: January 22, 2018, 04:38:00 PM »

BROWN TO CAMPAIGN IN IOWA

September 4th - 15th
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #113 on: January 22, 2018, 06:51:47 PM »

2 hours left
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #114 on: January 23, 2018, 09:15:57 AM »

TTURN 3: WAR IN OCTOBER

TARL WARWICK ANNOUNCES BID FOR SENATE SEAT

Due to the only major Republican candidate for Former Senator Sanders' senate seat in Vermont being Governor Phil Scott, many assumed that it was going to be an easy Democratic hold. As of September 17th, however, Tarl Warwick has announced his candidacy for the Republican nomination. Warick, a popular Youtuber with 500k subscribers, has claimed that the reason he is running for the Republican Nomination in the senate to bring Sanity back to the party and to actually "help the people of Vermont." On the Democratic side, there is former governor Howard Dean that is running as well.

DWAYNE JOHNSON ANNOUNCES THAT HE'LL RUN FOR RUBIO'S SEAT

on September 19th, celebrity and former professional wrestler, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, has announced that he will run for the vacant seat left by Senator Rubio's death, stating "America needs a Senator who has actually experienced the American Dream. I'm hoping to be the first Senator to do so. He has not stated his policy on Trump if he wins. So far, Dwayne is the most prominent nominee for the Republican Party. Recent Polling shows this victory:

Florida Senate Race (Special Election)
Dwayne Johnson: 54%
Generic Democrat: 40%
Undecided: 6%

REPUBLICAN HOLD

MASOUD BARZANI ELECTED PROVISONAL KURDISH PRESIDENT

During last weekend, a Kurdish provisional government was set up while the first elections taking place next year in May begins. Thusly, Iranian Kurd Masoud Barzani was elected President by the government. Barzani has announced his candidacy for the presidential election and he is likely to win it. While this takes place, however, Turkish troops are strangely massing on the Kurdish Border.

NORTH AND SOUTH KOREA TO RE-UNITE COME NOVEMBER 17th

In one of the biggest news in recent history, North and South Korea has agreed to re-unite. The surprise comes after news of Kim Jung Un being sick from Malaria surfaced in June. Despite many experts saying that the union will likely take years to help both sides, Everyone is still happy for the union of the new country

LARGE PERSIAN OFFENSIVE TAKES KEY IRANIAN CITIES; IRANIAN GOVERNMENT FORCES TRAPPED IN SOUTH-EASTERN IRAN

Starting on September 13th, Operation Daewat Alhuriya or Freedom Calling was a large Persian operation that took the cities of Mashad, Birjand, Kermanshah, Esfahan, and Yazd. The operation has been considered a major success by Persian forces and it seems that by next year, the last of the Iranian Government's forces may surrender while Kurds give aid where they can. They have encircled the city of Qom and laid siege to it. The idea is to starve out the government forces there rather than to try and take it outright like last time.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #115 on: January 23, 2018, 10:11:40 AM »

FBI and DOJ:ANTIFA are terrorists
A day after the assassination of Senator Rubio. The Department Of Justice and the FBI officially declared the anarchist group ANTIFA as a domestic terrorism organization.   Social media websites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and the new rising website Gab have banned all accounts ANTIFA related and all self described users that call themselves ANTIFA have been suspended.   
Sites like Amazon and EBay have taken off ANTIFA merchandise such as flags and pins.

However popular ANTIFA website “Its Going Down.com” Have posted a video message by a  Anonymous leader saying that “They have made a big mistake” And that our revenge is coming.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #116 on: January 23, 2018, 11:53:22 AM »

October 2019 GOP Primary: Shapiro in, can anyone Stump Trump?[/u

With the recent addition of Ben Shapiro of the Daily Wire into the race, many experts agree that Cuban has been knocked back a bit but Trump still leads in many polls

GOP National Poll:
Trump: 71%
Shapiro: 15%
Cuban: 9%
Unsure: 5%

GOP Iowa Poll:
Trump: 68%
Shapiro: 16%
Cuban: 11%

GOP Florida Poll:
Trump: 60%
Cuban: 25%
Shapiro: 10%

GOP Nevada Poll:
Trump: 60%
Shapiro: 25%
Cuban: 10%

GOP South Carolina Poll:
Trump: 81%
Shapiro: 10%
Cuban: 7%
Unsure: 2%

GOP New Hampshire Poll:
Trump: 53%
Cuban: 30%
Shapiro: 14%
Unsure: 3%

October 2019 DEM Primary: The Populist, The Elitist, The Liberal, The Politician

Before October, things looked like it would be Brown vs Trump in the General Election. Now however, the Democratic Primary is getting a lot tighter. With the entries of representatives John Delaney of Maryland and Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii and the entry of Senator Kamala Harris oc California, Brown's lead in a multitude of states has begun to close in. While there is still thinking that a Biden or Warren one is likely, it gets less and less likely by the day.

DEM National Polling:
Brown: 38%
Harris: 30%
Delaney: 15%
Gabbard: 6%
Whitmer: 5%
Kander: 5%
Unsure: 1%

DEM Iowa Polling:

Brown: 43%
Harris: 36%
Gabbard: 5%
Delaney: 4%%
Kander: 4%
Unsure: 3%

DEM New Hampshire Polling:
Brown: 45%
Delaney: 30%
Harris: 15%%
Gabbard: 5%
Whitmer: 2%
Kander: 1%
Unsure: 2%

DEM Nevada Polling:
Harris: 40%
Brown: 39%
Delaney: 10%
Gabbard: 7%
Kander: 1%

DEM Florida Polling:
Harris: 45%
Brown: 40%
Delaney: 8%
Gabbard: 3%
Kander: 1%%

DEM South Carolina Polling:
Gabbard: 30%
Delaney: 25%
Harris: 15%
Brown: 15%
Kander: 5%

PRESIDENT TRUMP V GENERIC DEMOCRAT IN 2020 AS OF Septmeber 2019

With the Democrats picking up a little bit of campaigning, it seems that there might just yet be a viable challenge to the President come the general.

Trump: 53%
Generic Democrat: 36%
Independent: 4%
Unsure: 7%
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #117 on: January 23, 2018, 11:54:47 AM »

DEBATE WINNERS

due ti being the only participants in the said debate, Cuban and Brown have been recognized as their own respective victors for their debates.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #118 on: January 23, 2018, 12:30:16 PM »
« Edited: January 23, 2018, 12:54:01 PM by New Tennessean Politician »

3rd REPUBLICAN DEBATE

All Republican Candidates are invited to Attend. You Can reply to other Candidates but don’t make them 10 post arguments. Be sure to spell and reference everything carefully as any mistake you make will become a Gaffe. President Trump will be able to not attend the debate and not get a hit.

GENERAL QUESTIONS

Closing Statement
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #119 on: January 23, 2018, 12:45:04 PM »

In other news
Senator Chuck Schumer and Chris Murphy have proposed in response to the shooting of Marco Rubio the Gun Control Now Act Of 2019 that makes universal background checks mandatory and bans any style of AR 15 type virant of weapon and any rifle that is considered semi automatic or automatic.

Appointed Senator Janet Cruz of Florida says she will run for a full term in 2020.

And lastly Govenor Of Colorado Tom Tancredo has been forced to resign after a rouge staffer of his leaked anti Semitic recordings and transcripts on his social media. Lt Govenor Victor Mitchell has taken over but a special Govenor election is expected in summer of 2020.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #120 on: January 23, 2018, 12:56:32 PM »

3rd Democratic Debate

All Democratic Candidates are invited to Attend. You Can reply to other Candidates but don’t make them 10 post arguments. Be sure to spell and reference everything carefully as any mistake you make will become a Gaffe.

GENERAL QUESTIONS

Closing Statement
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #121 on: January 23, 2018, 10:08:48 PM »

3rd Democratic Debate

GENERAL QUESTIONS

1. There has been talks within the Democratic Party of who should become the official poster boy and leader for it in the Senate and House. If you become the Nominee, who will you support for that post?

Thank you, thank you!

Well, I just want to start off by thanking CNN for giving all of us a great opportunity to talk with America and her families in the living room. It truly is a great honor and privilege. Truth is, I think that it is too early to really say accurately at this point in time, and that is more of a privilege for congress and the people to decide. I will support, and most importantly work with whoever that individual may be, but for now, I think it is too early and too off position to really take an accurate call on that.

2. The recent Polling shows Democrats at a major disadvantage in the General Election against President Trump. As the Nominee, how would you give Trump an effective Challenge?

The Democratic Party needs to nail Trump on the economic issues. Time after time we go after one-off "scandals" and use social hills to die on. But getting support takes more that. The current strategy has failed miserably on multiple occasions, and I will seek to drive home an economic message. Everyone can agree that wealth in this country is concentrating too strongly towards the top earners, while the rest of everyone else is just living by with a just a handful of small reliefs every now and then. This must change, and I will seek to drive this message home.

3. The situation in Venezuela is very unstable yet former Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders said it was the beacon of how great Socialism is. What is your position on Venezuela?

Well, I like Bernie and he is a tough guy and had a very honorable career. However, I do disagree with him on Venezuela. While they are no real threat, they are no role-model either. We need a message that rings close to true capitalism with common sense safety nets. We are now on a path to corporate capitalism, and extreme wealth concentration, and we need to return to the capitalism that our forefathers intended. After all, today's capitalism is not your grandad's capitalism anymore. Going socialist is too extreme, but I do think that we need reform to include everybody in our working economy.

4. Next year, we are planning to drop out of the Paris Climate Agreement. If you're elected, will you stop this exit or continue it?

Definitely continue it. Just because other countries may not be holding up their ends does not mean that we get to let loose as well. America is supposed to be a role-model to the international community, and we cannot falter just because others are, that is simply not the honest and hard working American way. Negotiating, and editing is not a problem, but dropping a beautiful plan just because others may not be following it up to par, is not a solution, America is better than that. Unfortunately we have lost a lot of respect and influence around the world over the years, and I blame this on President Trump and his bombastic actions and harmful rhetoric, it simply is Anti-American.

To Representative Delaney: 3. Representative Delaney, in 2017 you admitted that FIFA paid Ireland off after the 2009 Henry Handball. As President, how can you be sure you won't be involved in another Scandal like this?

Well, um, this is kind of awkward, gosh, but that is not me sir. I think you got me confused with an unrelated man who shares my name. It definitely is not me that you are referring too.

I think this is the man you are referring to:

An article link as well: https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/gv74x3/john-delaney-admits-fifa-paid-ireland-off-over-the-2009-henry-handball

Closing Statement

Once again, I would like to thank CNN for hosting this debate, and for the American people hearing me out. I will continue to fight for a smart economy that works for all, real strategy, fair resource usage, opportunity, and so many additional promises that I am excited to deliver to the American people if chosen. It is time for change once again, love, not hate. A good economy for the working man does not have to come with disturbing rhetoric and questionable ethics, and I hope the American people remember that come the election days. Thank you all, and have a good night, God bless you and America!
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #122 on: January 23, 2018, 11:25:37 PM »

I will be dropping out of the race. It was fun while it lasted Smiley

Thank you, NTP, and nice job on the development of this!
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #123 on: January 23, 2018, 11:37:30 PM »

I will be dropping out of the race. It was fun while it lasted Smiley

Thank you, NTP, and nice job on the development of this!

Thank you. I hope you will have fun in what endeavor you go for next. Smiley
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #124 on: January 24, 2018, 02:48:07 AM »

At a John Delaney camaign rally mainly focused on high tech jobs in pharmaceuticals, in Towson Maryland the day after the debate, Congressmen Jamie Raskin and John Sarbanes as well as state Attorney General Brian Frosh came out to endorse John Delaney for president.

Brian Frosh:

John is the best choice for jumpstarting our high tech economy, and fighting for the working man, his background says it all.

John Sarbanes:

I have known John for years and had the honor of serving with him in the house, and his great mentoring of me has really been enough on it's own right for me to proudly endorse my good friend and smart job creator John Delaney for president.

Jamie Raskin:

John is the right choice for moderate bipartisanship and a strong liberal backbone at the same time. We need a strong and yet kind hand back in the white house to restore order, and through his kindness and vast success, while bringing up many hard working Americans with him, in the political and business worlds, John Delaney has proven himself as the fittest choice for the presidency. John, keep up the great work, and let's all fight to win this thing!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies