Pacific Legislature Official Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:10:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Pacific Legislature Official Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Pacific Legislature Official Thread  (Read 260989 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: September 10, 2005, 05:14:58 PM »

Aye on both, although I want to see "health" interpreted very strictly.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 11:32:39 PM »

I am no good at writing law, and I have no idea what the result of my doing so would be.  I'll leave the wording up to WMS and vote:

Aye
Aye

And whatever WMS votes on that item, if he thinks it is satisfactory, since we share a similar position on the issue.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 02:22:26 AM »

I would like to enter a late aye vote on the previous vote.

Sorry about that.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 11:43:48 PM »

Nay.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2005, 01:14:12 AM »

Aye on both.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2005, 12:21:24 AM »

Belated aye.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2005, 08:27:46 PM »

Aye, and I like Jesus's proposal.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2006, 11:57:56 PM »

Aye
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2006, 07:53:27 PM »

Aye
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2006, 07:57:08 PM »

Are we going to move on to another issue now or what are we going to do now?

I think this one remains open for a week, and if anyone wants to introduce anything after that, they may.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2006, 01:43:49 AM »

Are we going to move on to another issue now or what are we going to do now?

I think this one remains open for a week, and if anyone wants to introduce anything after that, they may.

You need 3 signatures, actually, to introduce something (or get the Gov. to introduce it for you, as he doesn't need signatures).

I know, but I will be instituting a policy of introducing everything myself, within reason.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2006, 02:56:36 AM »
« Edited: February 24, 2006, 09:57:04 PM by Governor Alcon »

With a vote of 4-0, the 2006 Budget has passed.

These ideas were proposed to me.  Legalese is not my greatest talent, but I hope I conveyed these well enough into bills.

Amendment to Abolish Chief Justice of the Pacific Region
1. Whereas, the position of Chief Justice of the Pacific Region position is functionally useless;
2. The position of Chief Justice of the Pacific Region is hereby abolished.
3. All powers held by the Chief Justice of the Pacific Region will be reverted to their statuses prior to the establishment of the position.

Regional Office Establishment Proposition
1. Whereas, citizens far from the regional capital of Sacramento are unable to obtain documentation;
2. Small regional offices will be established in the following cities:
a. The city of Olympia, Thurston County, Washington;
b. The city of Salem, Marion County, Oregon;
c. The city of Boise, Ada County, Idaho;
d. The city of Helena, Lewis and Clark County, Montana;
e. The independent city of Carson City, Nevada;
f.  The city of Phoenix, Maricopa County, Arizona;
g. The city of Albuquerque, Bernalillo, New Mexico;
h. The independent city of Juneau, Alaska, municipal proper;
i. And the urban district of Honolulu, Honolulu County, Hawaii.
3. Regional offices will provide and archive documentation and manage cases for forwarding to the central office in Sacramento.
4. An additional $100 million from the current clerical budget will be appropriated yearly for salaries and building maintainence.

I will now open up discussion on these issues.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2006, 10:34:55 PM »

While I understand your logic in choosing the state capitals, Albuquerque is actually way easier for most New Mexicans to get to...you can actually park sometimes. Tongue

Well, in most cases I was going to re-establish the capitals because of the negative effects on the local economies.  However, Santa Fe is decently off regardless.  Do you know how it would affect Santa Fe's economy if the government was removed?

All feedback is appreciated.  My knowledge of New Mexico is lacking.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2006, 03:29:39 AM »

The capital is actually San Francisco.  The government offices are only in Cowtown (Sacto) to save money.

Thanks for pointing that out.  I should have clarified it.  This is only administative stuff.  Sacramento is not a convenient location for obtaining historical maps and other things that cannot be made into electronic format.  Having state archives would be fairly inexpensive, help the local economies, and make it more convenient for locals.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2006, 03:37:49 AM »

I changed it to Albuqerque, then.  Thanks, WMS!

I doubt this will raise much objection, so unless someone minds, we'll vote on this at the same time as the other two bills (which will result in a shorter debating period).

Bestality Criminalisation Act
1. The abominable act of bestiality, which is defined as gross sexual imposition, sexual assault, or the committing of a deviant sexual act with an animal, shall be illegal throughout the Pacific Region.

2. Persons convicted of bestiality shall be fined a minimum of $500 or a maximum of $2,000 and/or sentenced to a minimum of six months in jail or a maximum of five years in jail.

3. This law should not be interpreted as banning sexual acts between members of the species
homo sapiens.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2006, 02:42:00 AM »

1. The abominable act of bestiality, which is defined as gross sexual imposition, sexual assault, or the committing of a deviant sexual act with an animal, shall be illegal throughout the Pacific Region.

2. Persons convicted of bestiality shall be fined a minimum of $500 or a maximum of $2,000 and/or sentenced to a minimum of six months in jail or a maximum of five years in jail.

3. This law should not be interpreted as banning sexual acts between members of the species
homo sapiens.

Technically speaking, if section 3 is needed to exclude sexual acts between members of the species homo sapiens from falling under this bill, would it not be the case that this bill will ban sexual acts between all other species (i.e., rabbits will be charged with bestiality for going at it)?

I'm reasonably sure animals can't be charged with crimes.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2006, 11:53:52 PM »
« Edited: February 28, 2006, 12:17:25 AM by Governor Alcon »

I changed it to Albuqerque, then.  Thanks, WMS!

Take that, you Santa Fe Yuppie Scum! No problem. Kiki

I just looked at Census data, and what you said about commuting from Albuquerque does not appear to be true.  Santa Fe is not affluent, and house prices there aren't way too much over Albuquerque.  I'm inclined to turn it back, and have for now.

Besides, Albuquerque is much bigger than Santa Fe.  Again, I'm inclined to think that it would damage Santa Fe's economy too much to make moving to Albuquerque a bad idea.

I'd like your comments on this.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2006, 05:02:33 AM »
« Edited: March 06, 2006, 05:04:40 AM by Alcon »

Let's just say I disagree - there's been a long, bitter dispute over newcomers driving the original inhabitants out because they move in, build a huge house, and drive property taxes up. I believe King could tell you a bit more about that...

Perhaps we're viewing this through the prisms of our states...you're on the West Coast, where everything costs more (although pay is usually up as well)...just don't make a campaign stop in Albuquerque for a bit Tongue

I see.  I appreciate it and all, but again, I'd have to see convincing information that it would be more beneficial to move to Albuquerque.  Anyway, in Albuquerque's honour, I'll hold off voting on that until you get a chance to find that information if it's important to you.  Again, this is more symbolic than anything, but it is kind of fun to do this trivial local stuff, isn't it?  Wink
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2006, 05:03:34 AM »

It's been more than long enough, so please vote aye, nay, or abstain on the following items.  Voting will remain open for a week.

Amendment to Abolish Chief Justice of the Pacific Region
1. Whereas, the position of Chief Justice of the Pacific Region position is functionally useless;
2. The position of Chief Justice of the Pacific Region is hereby abolished.
3. All powers held by the Chief Justice of the Pacific Region will be reverted to their statuses prior to the establishment of the position.

homo sapiens.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2006, 05:04:22 AM »

Amendment to Abolish Chief Justice of the Pacific Region - Aye

Bestality Criminalisation Act - Aye
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2006, 02:57:43 PM »

Both acts have passed.

Amendment to Abolish Chief Justice of the Pacific Region passes 8-0-0.

Bestality Criminalisation Act passes 7-0-1.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2006, 11:31:08 PM »

Does anyone desire to introduce anything at this time?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2006, 11:02:38 PM »

The honourable Senator's legislation will be open to a one-week debating period before we pass it.  The honourable Austro-Atlasian's amendment will also be considered, despite his thoroughly annoying accent.

I'd like to offer an amendment:

-2b.) ESPECIALLY THE SOUTHEAST COS ITS A POOHOLE FULL OF POOHOLES
This will be regarded as a declaration of war.

I wouldn't do that if I were you.  We have Microsoft employees on our side, and they have some very sharp pencils.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2006, 01:18:34 AM »

I'd like to offer an amendment:

-2b.) ESPECIALLY THE SOUTHEAST COS ITS A POOHOLE FULL OF POOHOLES
This will be regarded as a declaration of war.

I wouldn't do that if I were you.  We have Microsoft employees on our side, and they have some very sharp pencils.
I will order the cutoff of the Pacific Region's supply of RC Cola.  Beware!

That stuff isn't even sold here!  Thwarted!
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2006, 01:48:31 AM »
« Edited: March 22, 2006, 02:05:21 AM by Alcon »

One final piece of legislation to go up to the debate:

For the Children Act
1. All residents of the Southeast will be recognised by the Pacific Regional Government as "Bubba."

2. In the unlikely event that the Southeast ever gets a female resident, she will be referred to as "Bubba Phyllis."

3. The Pacific Regional Government henceforth considers the Southeastern Region to be an island, surrounded by water on all four sides.

4. June 3rd, previously Jefferson Davis Day, will now be recognised as Day of Pale White Men with High Cheekbones.

5. The current Southeastern Governor, and all subsequent Southeastern Governors, will be declared the State Tree of all states in the Pacific Region.   Southeastern Lt. Governors will be declared the State Squaredance.

6. The penalty for breaching of this act is social ostracisation and ten minutes of freakishly high-speed community service.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies