Pacific Legislature Official Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:22:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Pacific Legislature Official Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pacific Legislature Official Thread  (Read 261021 times)
Everett
YaBB God

« on: September 28, 2005, 10:16:56 AM »
« edited: September 28, 2005, 10:37:19 AM by Everett »

Aye

EDIT: Oh geez. I voted in a Pacific Thread... sorry about that! I keep forgetting where I am, silly me. Tongue
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 05:41:35 PM »

Capital Punishment Abolition Act: Aye
Reproductive Freedom Act: Aye
Marijuana Legalization Act: Aye
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 11:08:06 PM »

Republican Party Illegalisation Act
1. The Republican Party is hereby illegalised in the Pacific Region.
2. Association with the Republican Party is punishable by forced membership in the Jesus Christ Party and/or lifelong exile from the Pacific Region.

Physician-Assisted Suicide Legalisation Act
1. All laws that restrict a patient's right to consensual physician-assisted suicide are hereby repealed.
2. This Act does not extend to involuntary euthanasia.

Alcohol Freedom Act
1. The Pacific Region shall have no official minimum drinking age.

Abolishment Of Organised Religion Act
1. Religion is hereby abolished in the Pacific Region.
2. Anyone attempting to build a church or other religious institution will be fined $5,000,000 and then whipped 500 times in Singapore.

The last proposal isn't mine, so don't whine to me about it. Smiley
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 11:24:10 PM »

Republican Party Illegalisation Act: Aye.
Physician-Assisted Suicide Legalisation Act: Aye.
Alcohol Freedom Act: Aye.
Abolishment Of Organised Religion Act: Aye.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 01:28:17 PM »

New Mexico Regional Transfer Resolution: Nay
Constitutional Amendment on Voter Registration and Voting Rules: Aye
Backup Redistricting Amendment: Aye
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 06:15:14 PM »

I shall not apologise for proposing "Stalinist" regional legislation that was clearly intended to be humourous and nothing more. I was under the impression that everyone was aware of my propensity toward exaggeratedly vitriolic humour and therefore assumed that everyone would be sensible enough to simply read through my blatantly unconstitutional proposals, maybe chuckle at how utterly ridiculous they were, and move on without degenerating into angry rambling. Apparently I was incorrect.

I don't believe that I have done anything noteworthily offensive as Pacific Senator, though obviously if the Pacific residents disagree then they are perfectly free not to re-elect me in February. I haven't heard any feedback aside from Gabu's completely incomprehensible private message (and Gabu is not in the Pacific Region anyway). If people are seriously getting irritated with what I have been doing, I desire to be enlightened as to what comes across as being most bothersome.

I don't remember what happened in December that distresses you so much. You shall have to refresh our memories.

Also, I am not a Stalinist.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 06:25:21 PM »

I shall not apologise for proposing "Stalinist" regional legislation that was clearly intended to be humourous and nothing more.

I think you should propose legislation to ban the free transfer of money in exchange of goods or services next.
Maybe I should propose legislation to ban you from the Pacific Region.

Anti-Gabu Act
1. Gabu is hereby banned from the Pacific Region.
2. Smuggling Gabu into the Pacific Region is punishable by a 200,000$ fine and lifelong exile to Ethiopia.

(This is not a serious proposal. Please do not treat it as such.)
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 02:11:19 PM »

After realising that I proposed legislation to completely legalise all recreational drugs at some point last night, I deleted my post. I might consider proposing a similar bill once I sober up completely, though that might take some time as I am currently on very heavy painkillers.

I still don't know why the fascist who voted against the Reproductive Freedom Act, the Physician-Assisted Suicide Act, and the Alcohol Freedom Act (among other things) has resorted to calling Ebowed a fascist.

Why should the government become involved with a woman's personal decisions? Why should the government become involved with any individual's personal decisions? Why should the government be responsible for enforcing a minimum drinking age that most teenagers completely ignore?

My attempts at banning organised religion were clearly intended to be blatantly offensive, unconstitutional bullsh**t and you can quit pretending to believe otherwise. Keep sticking your head in the sand and pretending that I was being completely serious but you're just making others think that you are an idiot now. Ebowed',s propositions are quite legitimate, unlike mine, and I have no problems with them. Religion has no place in our government. Religion is a personal matter, not the business of the government.

Here, let us perform some analysis on Ebowed',s propositions.

1. The Pledge of Allegiance is abolished.
This says nothing about illegalising the voluntary recitation of the Pledge, simply that the Pledge is rendered obsolete and is not required to be recited anymore.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Again, there is no illegalisation involved. You are free to think of unofficial statements of patriotism and recite those. The government is simply refusing to adopt an official statement. What is so fascist about that?

Religious institutions should not be receiving benefits that secular institutions do not. Simple as that.

"In God We Trust" will be removed from our currency. Does that mean that we shall be rioting for "In God We Don't Trust" to be added? Of course not. Absence of pro-religious statements does not directly imply anti-religious sentiments and anyone who believes as such is being ridiculous.

Oh, and I fully intend to assist in making it well nigh impossible for New Mexico to leave the Pacific until we receive at least one other state from the Midwest in exchange. You vote fascistly, we vote fascistly. Simple as that.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 01:45:56 AM »

INTRODUCED BECAUSE I HATE YOU ALL AND WANT YOU TO DIE

Pacific Drug Free Zone Act
1. The Pacific Region shall hereby be designated as a Drug Free Zone.
2. The usage of all recreational drugs is legalised.
3. The sale of all recreational drugs is legalised.
4. Crimes commmitted whilst under the influence of recreational drugs shall be prosecuted as crimes committed whilst in any other mental state.

Alcon Is Sexy Act
1. Alcon is a sexy, sexy piece of bread.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2007, 02:46:06 PM »

Keep this bullsh**t up and I won't hesitate to write an initiative expelling you from the Pacific, WMS.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2007, 03:07:47 AM »

Religious Freedom Act: Aye.
Resolution Concerning Currency: Aye.
Pacific Drug Free Zone Act: Nay.
Adoption Bill: Aye.
Resolution to resolve the conflict in the Southeastern Pacific Region: Aye.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2007, 05:18:44 PM »

Aye.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2007, 03:24:31 AM »

Aye to all.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2007, 02:15:02 PM »

I am hereby resigning from the office of Pacific Senator due to unanticipated but nonetheless persistent health and personal issues that have well nigh ended my presence on the forum. I will abstain from posting arduous details regarding my recent troubles, though anyone who wishes to know more is free to contact me privately. I sincerely apologise to my supporters for being unable to serve the Pacific Region, and I hope that Governor Jesus can find a suitable replacement.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies