Pacific Legislature Official Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:49:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Pacific Legislature Official Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pacific Legislature Official Thread  (Read 261018 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: January 19, 2012, 12:36:04 AM »

So is that income tax bill law already?   I can't quite grasp the procedure of your assembly. 

New highest effective income tax rate (regional and federal) under this bill is 72%, figuring in the federal deduction for regional taxes, in case anyone was wondering.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 01:03:15 PM »

New highest effective income tax rate (regional and federal) under this bill is 72%, figuring in the federal deduction for regional taxes, in case anyone was wondering.

I'm pretty sure it's 90%, isn't it ? Highest federal rate is 60%.

The federal tax code has a deduction for regional taxes.  So, it's 60% of what's left after regional taxes have been paid.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 08:43:21 PM »

I'm pretty sure it's 90%, isn't it ? Highest federal rate is 60%.

The federal tax code has a deduction for regional taxes.  So, it's 60% of what's left after regional taxes have been paid.

Well, in this case I actually think 30% is a bit low... I had signed the bill thinking this would result in a 90% effective rate, but 72% is too low to me.
Though, come to think of it, that's not counting all those new payroll taxes from the Social Security bill.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 11:48:57 AM »
« Edited: January 22, 2012, 11:51:48 AM by shua, gm »

Under a 50% regional tax rate, plus federal income tax and taxes under the CSSRA, it's easily approaching 100% if not going over. Considering all the other deductions and exemptions in the federal tax code it might end up anywhere from 85-95%.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies