Pacific Legislature Official Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:53:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Pacific Legislature Official Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Pacific Legislature Official Thread  (Read 261025 times)
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« on: September 12, 2005, 04:58:36 PM »

Aye on both, although I want to see "health" interpreted very strictly.
The same.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 03:46:34 PM »

We are now voting on:

3. Alcon's and WMS's suggested amendment specifying the physical health of the mother be the only exemption under health, and not some loosely defined mental trauma. (I hope this wording fits their intent, if they object to this interpretation I'll shut down voting on this amendment).

You would have to ask Alcon on that. Can I vote on the first two measures now and wait until Alcon clarifies matters to vote on the third measure?
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 02:36:43 PM »

1. Aye.
2. Aye.
3. How about this? "No mental condition shall be acceptable as a reason for abortion unless certified by medical professionals that a failure to allow the abortion to proceed would cause severe mental trauma."

Yes, I'm sure it could be better written, but I'm not a lawyer.

Oh, and Aye on 3.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 01:13:49 PM »

def. nay on option three then. There are more 'mental conditions' then depression, you know.
Huh 'More mental conditions than depression'? Eh, what do ya mean by that?
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 05:33:00 PM »

that some mental conditions are significantly bad for abortions granted on mental health to be acceptable.
This is what happens when legislation is created in the middle of a vote on it! No proper debate! Tongue
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2005, 08:05:01 PM »

Aye.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2005, 01:49:01 AM »

Aye.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2005, 04:24:42 PM »

Aye on both.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2005, 01:31:50 PM »

Sacramento I could live with. San Francisco is too expensive and is way too vulnerable to natural disasters. Smiley
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2005, 06:10:42 PM »

Sacramento I could live with. San Francisco is too expensive and is way too vulnerable to natural disasters. Smiley

Sounds like a consensus is forming behind Sacramento as the seat of the bureacracy.  That's more than fine with me, I had only selected San Fran because it is the capital (Don't blame me, I voted for San Diego).

Excellent. Cool San Diego would've been fun as well as a capital, but heck, all the capitals are out yonder from my perspective anyway. Cheesy
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2005, 06:16:36 PM »

Excellent, Consolidation Act is amended as follows:

1. San Francisco shall be replaced by Sacramento as the seat of bureacracy

3. Savings estimate shall be changed to $3.1 billion

Hurrah! Kiki
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2005, 07:17:45 PM »

Aye to all.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2005, 04:52:18 PM »

Aye.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2005, 06:55:17 PM »

Aye for Wildcard. Smiley
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2006, 01:36:59 PM »

Oh, OK. Aye.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2006, 12:59:36 PM »

Aye.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2006, 01:34:20 PM »

With a vote of 4-0, the 2006 Budget has passed.

These ideas were proposed to me.  Legalese is not my greatest talent, but I hope I conveyed these well enough into bills.

Amendment to Abolish Chief Justice of the Pacific Region
1. Whereas, the position of Chief Justice of the Pacific Region position is functionally useless;
2. The position of Chief Justice of the Pacific Region is hereby abolished.
3. All powers held by the Chief Justice of the Pacific Region will be reverted to their statuses prior to the establishment of the position.

Leaning in favor of this.

Regional Office Establishment Proposition
1. Whereas, citizens far from the regional capital of Sacramento are unable to obtain documentation;
2. Small regional offices will be established in the following cities:
a. The city of Olympia, Thurston County, Washington;
b. The city of Salem, Marion County, Oregon;
c. The city of Boise, Ada County, Idaho;
d. The city of Helena, Lewis and Clark County, Montana;
e. The independent city of Carson City, Nevada;
f.  The city of Phoenix, Maricopa County, Arizona;
g. The city of Santa Fe, Santa Fe County, New Mexico;
h. The independent city of Juneau, Alaska, municipal proper;
i. And the urban district of Honolulu, Honolulu County, Hawaii.
3. Regional offices will provide and archive documentation and manage cases for forwarding to the central office in Sacramento.
4. An additional $100 million from the current clerical budget will be appropriated yearly for salaries and building maintainence.

I will now open up discussion on these issues.

While I understand your logic in choosing the state capitals, Albuquerque is actually way easier for most New Mexicans to get to...you can actually park sometimes. Tongue
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2006, 07:31:13 PM »

While I understand your logic in choosing the state capitals, Albuquerque is actually way easier for most New Mexicans to get to...you can actually park sometimes. Tongue

Well, in most cases I was going to re-establish the capitals because of the negative effects on the local economies.  However, Santa Fe is decently off regardless.  Do you know how it would affect Santa Fe's economy if the government was removed?

All feedback is appreciated.  My knowledge of New Mexico is lacking.

Not too badly - there's a ton of left-libertarian Californian Yuppies there. Tongue Most of the government workers in Santa Fe commute from the Albuquerque Greater Metropolitan Area anyway, because it's so !@#$ing expensive to rent or buy anything in Santa Fe. This would probably improve their incomes a bit from the gas savings, if nothing else. Cheesy
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2006, 11:46:09 PM »

I changed it to Albuqerque, then.  Thanks, WMS!

Take that, you Santa Fe Yuppie Scum! No problem. Kiki
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2006, 11:58:15 PM »

I changed it to Albuqerque, then.  Thanks, WMS!

Take that, you Santa Fe Yuppie Scum! No problem. Kiki

I just looked at Census data, and what you said about commuting from Albuquerque does not appear to be true.  Santa Fe is not affluent, and house prices there aren't way too much over Albuquerque.  I'm inclined to turn it back, and have for now.

Besides, Albuquerque is much bigger than Santa Fe.  Again, I'm inclined to think that it would damage Santa Fe's economy.

Let's just say I disagree - there's been a long, bitter dispute over newcomers driving the original inhabitants out because they move in, build a huge house, and drive property taxes up. I believe King could tell you a bit more about that...

Perhaps we're viewing this through the prisms of our states...you're on the West Coast, where everything costs more (although pay is usually up as well)...just don't make a campaign stop in Albuquerque for a bit Tongue
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2006, 11:24:43 AM »

Let's just say I disagree - there's been a long, bitter dispute over newcomers driving the original inhabitants out because they move in, build a huge house, and drive property taxes up. I believe King could tell you a bit more about that...

Perhaps we're viewing this through the prisms of our states...you're on the West Coast, where everything costs more (although pay is usually up as well)...just don't make a campaign stop in Albuquerque for a bit Tongue

I see.  I appreciate it and all, but again, I'd have to see convincing information that it would be more beneficial to move to Albuquerque.  Anyway, in Albuquerque's honour, I'll hold off voting on that until you get a chance to find that information if it's important to you.  Again, this is more symbolic than anything, but it is kind of fun to do this trivial local stuff, isn't it?  Wink

How about this: Albuquerque is much more accessible to the state's population than Santa Fe, due to being centrally located and on both of the major transportation arteries?
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2006, 11:25:42 AM »

Amendment to Abolish Chief Justice of the Pacific Region

Aye

Bestality Criminalisation Act

Aye
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2006, 12:30:21 PM »

3. The Southeast no longer borders the Pacific via Texas, because that would just be really icky to be that close to the Southeast.
What?  Are you going to give New Mexico to the Midwest to sever the border?
Ah, not this crap again Tongue
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2006, 12:33:50 PM »

Haha, Pacificans.  As you can see our covert agent, under the cover of Senator WMS has arived.

Now he will set off a nuclear explosion destroying the entire Pacific Region.  (Except populist areas, like Fresno).

Grin This thread has become quite amusing. Smiley To cool everyone off, I'll send everyone a jar of habaneros. Tongue
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2006, 03:17:24 PM »

3. The Southeast no longer borders the Pacific via Texas, because that would just be really icky to be that close to the Southeast.
What?  Are you going to give New Mexico to the Midwest to sever the border?

No.  We're just disavowing all knowledge of there ever being a border.  It no longer exists.

So the gaping vacuum just past NM's borders is causing all this damn wind here, eh?
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies